1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Dream, if this happen. :);)

I hope it's possible. I always asked for this feature.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    brad_co likes this.
  2. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Is there any way of knowing if a server has wet or random weather from the server browser? Thanks.

3. brad_co

brad_co Gamer

I use json validation frequently and they are always showing no errors. But I've never paid attention to the encoding and I haven't used advanced text editors before. I now have Notepad++. So I've copied the default files from my install directory (edited to suit the track and other information) saved it using UCS-2 LE BOM encoding and checked it with the json validator. I will run this on my server for a week and look for improvements.

Thanks for your suggestions and advice, appreciate it.

4. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

In the picture below I've marked the weather variability indicator with red circles.
    As you can see one of the server has no variability, other have different amounts.
    But I don't know if there is a chance to see if the track is wet or it's raining.

upload_2020-11-28_13-54-48.png

Ben Lee likes this.
  5. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Thanks for that explanation. Odd that it’s not labelled as anything on the server browser.

Creegz likes this.
  6. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

Has there been any words on expanding the scope of the weather conditions by adding fog without the rain or having mist rise from a drying track? While the current set of scenarios is excellently implemented there are some in-betweens like those I described that seems to be left out, unless they are in and I have simply not encountered them yet that is.

7. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

It´s not?

Weather Variation.jpg

AndyK70 likes this.
  8. brad_co

brad_co Gamer

Does anyone else experience unpredictable weather conditions when setting up their server? On advice from various members in this forum including pankykapus from KS Dev Team I have been unable to provide any form of reliable weather variation settings for my league members. I am now simply removing any weather settings from my server until this component of the game is working somewhat reliably.

My recent post explained how I wrote the event.json settings using Notepad++. I copied the default files from the game install directory and edited it to suit the track and other information. I then saved it using UCS-2 LE BOM encoding and checked it with the json validator. After a week of using these settings on my server and still experience frequent FLOODED tracks. While there is some good variation in the weather during different sessions the FLOODED conditions are still making a regular appearance.

If these conditions are only experienced by me on my server and no one else, then I'll just simply stop using them and go back to fixed settings. If they are being experienced by other members (from reading previous posts in this thread and other threads on this site forums I believe my situation is not isolated to me alone) is there some way the Dev Team can gather additional information from members in a way to help improve this aspect of the game.

Rather than just copy/paste my files (see below) I would be happy to provide my actual json files to anyone here who might be able to help and to double check the files are encoded correctly. You will see from the file that I have all three sessions on one day, this was suggested by pankykapus to provide better weather continuity between sessions.

{
    "track": "nurburgring_2020",
    "preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 90,
    "postRaceSeconds": 30,
    "sessionOverTimeSeconds": 140,
    "ambientTemp": 22,
    "cloudLevel": 0.6,
    "rain": 0.0,
    "weatherRandomness": 6,
    "simracerWeatherConditions": 1,
    "isFixedConditionQualification": 0,
    "sessions": [
    {
    "hourOfDay": 12,
    "dayOfWeekend": 3,
    "timeMultiplier": 1,
    "sessionType": "Q",
    "sessionDurationMinutes": 20
    },
    {
    "hourOfDay": 13,
    "sessionType": "P",
    "sessionDurationMinutes": 8
    },
    {
    "hourOfDay": 13,
    "sessionType": "R",
    "sessionDurationMinutes": 20
    }
    ],
    "configVersion": 1
    }

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I also have seen flooded track with these settings:

"cloudLevel": 0.7,
    "rain": 0.05,
    "weatherRandomness": 6,
    "simracerWeatherConditions": 1,

20201208234643_1.jpg

I have a Q & R session, and I am just doing "/next" repeatedly to see what the weather does (no syntax errors, encoding is correct).

Attached Files:

• AC2.zip
      File size:
      475.8 KB
      Views:
  10. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

0.05 rain is not 0.0 rain.

It matters a lot, you're adding nearly maximum variation on a rain-biased preset (no matter how low the rain bias is, it's there) plus you have a high cloud bias to begin with.

11. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Is there any chance to set up rainy practice/qualifying sessions and dry/sunny race or the other way around?
    Maybe this has already been discussed, I am sorry if it is so.

12. khrop

khrop Racer

Not really, it's most of the time luck of the draw.

Out of ten tiers in our league yesterday, only one of them had a race with a perfect 50:50 dry/wet split.

13. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Ok, but that is not what I am really looking for. I would like to have an option to define starting conditions for every single day of a race weekend or even better for each session.

14. You can

15. And soon it will be very easy to do ;)

16. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

What a teasing...

17. b3nje909

b3nje909 Gamer

Ive always wondered what that was ment to represent. I thought it was a 'connection' indicator.

18. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

What do you mean with „soon“?

19. m_i_k_

m_i_k_ Rookie

When could we see real time weather? It would be an amazing tool. I know is not easy, but maybe Kunos can allow through a plugin like in rFactor 2.
    You can do Endurance races following a radar to see what happen in real time. You can organize races and prepare a good setup based in the forecast

cooknn and Olivier Boissel like this.
  20. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

Anything but please not the same weather scenario in every single session during a race weekend.

earlyapex likes this.