1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia DLSS UE4 plugin avaiable now! Accattatavill!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by stefanoCasillo, Feb 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

2. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

Careful what you wish for! They might accidentally hit the Nordschleife DLC button or … gasp … the F1 2021 DLC button !!!

AndyK70 likes this.
  3. Koly™

Koly™ Racer

They just have to work, I remember a guy alone for AC who has added rain, night, 3D grass, moving veggetation....and much more, when they've claimed it was not possible, so they have to stop lying and work., all is possible with work today.

look how the rain FX is far far more better than the official ACC Kunos rain simulation effect...some coders are simply better.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Xenix and Naoki Speed 7 like this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

Sure, but he didn't have to make an entire game first. I also wonder how all his mods would have made the game run back when AC was released?

I don't think Kunos said it was impossible, just not a priority.

5. what you say is the most stupid thing to say dude. they developed ac 10 years ago for the machines there were 10 years ago...

6. oh this retarded thing again.. internet never fails.

7. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Who needs DLSS

When you can't find RTX or GTX card without 3-4 times the MSRP.

Even used cards are selling almost double.

Thanks to stupid crypto currency mining.

CmdrCody, bieroX and chksix like this.
  8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

They never said it was impossible. They said it was impossible without extensive engine rewrites.
    The whole CSP thing also took over three years to get to the point where it is now, with a wonky implementation of dynamic weather. It's also not just one guy anymore, it's at least three.

9. thank you

Specifically... let's take adding rain, graphics is only one part of the story... you need the physics part.
    Once the code is done, we had something like 120 official cars to work to create rain tyres.. test and develop. Add perhaps dynamic weather, rules to stop and change tyres and so on.
    This is months and months of work (being optimistic, even just 2 days of work per car would make it a year long job).. and after all this work the entire thing could never be sold as a DLC.. so it would just be something added for free to the basic AC.. who was going to pay for all this development time?

When dealing with a company that needs to make a profit (otherwise people won't be able to pay the rent next month) the word "impossible" is not strictly a technical consideration.. it's something that goes way way way deeper.

So yeah.. we decided it was not really a smart thing to do.. and went to do ACC instead.

When you're hacking something for fun at home while your mom pays for the rent (or you have a daily job that pays for that) you are free to entertain yourself as you please with no regards to any "company" considerations... when I was working in UK I "entertained myself" creating a driving simulator from scratch and by releasing it for free on the internet.. that's the difference between professional development and hobby development.

now, let's see how many days before I read this bulls again.

10. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

You are asking people to use their brains. That's too much to ask for some people, I'm afraid.

11. dek

dek Racer

It's so easy. Take it as it is and be happy IF stuff gets implemented. All the would's, could's and should's won't make it better.

12. houssen

houssen Racer

I think that all acc users would like the implementation of the dlss to have 10 or 15 or maybe more fps it's always fine it's an option that you can deactivate if you don't like the dlss ...
    It is a nvidia technology that improves both for people who have an inferior equipment and for those who have the latest graphics cards ... implementing the dlss in my opinion opens an option to another public that right now is not using acc because they have a modest team and they do not see necessary to update their equipment to use acc ..
    Surely for kunos it is an added job but as always in all interviews they listen to the community about their tastes and answer all kinds of questions

13. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

This thread is funny, i look forward to More stupid comments

Psit, Freddie Seng and LATE4APEX like this.
  14. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

He don't make the smaller idea. I bet he get it for free and is very happy about that.

15. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

you include all users which have an AMD card, which have a nvidia pre RTX card? :confused:
    A bold move you did there. :D

Jack0 likes this.
  16. Ahi ahi donkeys are flying

17. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Not shure but aren't recent AMD cards also compatible with DLSS technology?
    If you have a hold card no chance, better visuals always be accompanied with newer hardware.
    The fact off some people that don't have the hardware there's reason for not evolve. It will be like it had been reason for people buy new hardware.

18. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

If my memory serves me well, DLSS is Nvidia technology exclusively.
    AMD is looking for a similar super sampling tech on his own.

19. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

AC rain/night is just meme.

At this point it will be year 2050.
    Someone will say remember when AC didn't have night or rain.

One thing ACC has shown everyone wants rain and night.

But than you go online 99% of servers are dry track. 90% are daytime.

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  20. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Public servers, certainly, but private/league servers is a very different matter: day to night/night to day transitions, night races and all kind of wet conditions.