1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Explains that spectator flashing me last night thought I just had too many drinks!

Dewald Nel likes this.
  2. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

From my experience driving it, you must be very precise and commit to your inputs, there is not so much room for correction as the car reacts sharp to everything you do, so you better be decisive and deliver your inputs more like clockwork than with the other cars. Thats at least my perception.

3. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

After seeing the last interview with Marco Massarutto I concluded that part of team is already working on a new project, let's say AC2 the sequel, with road cars and some iconic tracks / roads. All in Unreal engine...or else.
    If they go for a system adding car / track pack's it will be the faster way so we can have it.

Any way it will be nice that they can keep exploring the SRO deal adding America / Asia full series.

Edited.
    America and Asia are big markets. And have so much great track.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Agree with this 100% holds far more intrest to me than AC2 and road cars..
    Personally if I had a choice I would like the Devs tackle the Australian V8 series and their tracks would just be awesome.

Elrann, Coanda and Dewald Nel like this.
  5. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

Looks like road cars are also their's passion.
    All I can imagine is the pleasure of driving a iconic road car on a road, with the evolution of physics and graphics they had achieved recently.

Can be a good complement to ACC.

Off course if they can secure another series licenses, lets say like formulas with only a car model that use the same tracks already in ACC will be faster to deploy.
    Like I said before, one launcher several series.;)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Clive Morrison likes this.
  6. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

If you look in a certain place there’s some spelling that seems to confirm it.;)

sissydriver likes this.
  7. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I was watching this the other day and it got me thinking: Who made the decision to use the layout with two chicanes for the British GT?
    And also, how could we kill that person really really slowly?

8. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

For a long time I hoped that the next DLC would be the FFSA GT because the tracks are not far from Italy and some of them look a bit like the English track. Unfortunately, when I see that Kunos couldn't add Magny-Cours and the lack of GT4 drivers online, I don't believe it anymore... It's a pity, because some circuits are already present in ACC (Paul Ricard and Spa) and others could be used for the GTWC (Magny-Cours).

Calendar 2020 :
    - Nogaro
    - Magny-Cours
    - Paul Ricard (with chicane)
    - Albi
    - Paul Ricard (short version)

Calendar 2021 :
    - Nogaro
    - Magny-Cours
    - Albi
    - Spa
    - Lédenon
    - Paul Ricard (with chicane)

So, to be more realistic, what I'm waiting for above all (without asking for tons) is the complement of the 2020 season (Magny-Cours and the new Zandvoort), the modification of the Paul Ricard (new pit entrance and the right layout for the GT4) or a 2021 season later in the year (with Magny-Cours, the new Zandvoort and Valencia).

Of course I would like the GTWC Asia or America, but it seems difficult to me given the context ...

9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

The official FFSA Websites are not even in english language available?!
    It seems not to have huge international attention.

FFSA | Fédération Française du Sport Automobile
    https://www.ffsa.org/

Championnat de France FFSA GT – GT4 France | FFSA GT – GT4 France (gt4series.com)
    https://ffsagt.gt4series.com/

10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Or we all are wrong and there is a safety car coming (road car) and we can drive this? :p

11. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

I know you're joking, but I like that ACC doesn't have it - racing is more meritorious than in some other sims. Safety car helps racing in real life, but it spoils it in sim racing as it's not required. One of the few things better in sim racing is no safety risk, so safety car feels a bit artificial anyway.

anthonylroy and sissydriver like this.
  12. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

British GT championhip not have huge international attention. I did'nt found any French translation.

https://www.britishgt.com/

Just kiding (or not) :D

13. FloSimRace

FloSimRace Simracer

Such as the ADAC site which is not available in English or the ACI site which is not available in English either. Apart from the FIA, the national federations do not have vocations to have an international influence ...

Concerning the site of the FFSA GT, it is necessary to ask the question to SRO, they are the ones who take care of it.

Moreover, concerning the DLC already released, is it Kunos which goes to SRO by telling them that they would like to realize a precise championship or is it SRO which pushes Kunos to release a precise championship. Personally, I think the first answer.

14. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Oh my god can we not go there again? The number of people here who would rather spend their time circulating at 50kph behind a safety car in the name of realism makes my brain hurt.

Freddie Seng and Dewald Nel like this.
  15. houssen

houssen Racer

16. Tzotzo

Tzotzo Rookie

Hi,

next DLC German ADAC GT Masters 2021 because run by SRO and ADAC?
    And maybe all the other series run by SRO.
    Seriously guys how can we ask for next DLC's when there are still people dying because of Corona and no one knows what will be in the next week or month's to come.
    Enjoy what what we have and stay safe.

Claude

sissydriver likes this.
  17. I'm just hoping for some continuity on the series. I like the DLC thing, it keeps the user base on ACC and therefore improving the overall experience.
    As long as they can develop and add content to ACC I'm glad to stick with it.

18. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Here, an Italian (me) to the rescue! Here the bits that seemed more interesting to me:

"Stiamo discutendo con SRO l’opportunità di continuare a supportare il titolo con le prossime stagioni ed espandere il calendario delle gare ad Asia e Stati Uniti, è un passo ambizioso per cui stiamo verificando opportunità e costi."
    "We are discussing with SRO the opportunity to continue the support of ACC adding the next few seasons and expanding the race calendar to Asia and USA, it is an ambitious step, we are evaluating opportunities and costs."

"Nel frattempo, è in corso d’opera anche la valutazione tecnica sulla produzione di una versione Newgen di Assetto Corsa Competizione."
    "In the mean time we are also in the process of doing a technical evaluation regarding a new-gen version of Assetto Corsa Competizione".
    ??? Is this a typo, is he talking about Assetto Corsa? Or.. what is a "new-gen" version of ACC? Does he mean next-gen consoles, so ACC for PS5 and Xbox X? Later on he says they are in the final stages of a technical evaluation of the PS5 and Xbox X versions of ACC, so that must be the case.

He also says that they are not planning to do other series apart from the GT series in ACC.

Also, that they are thinking of developing a new graphic engine. If they fail, they will fall back on Unreal engine.

In short words, work is likely to continue on ACC for a while.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    Want2BFast, AdamYanek, th3o and 13 others like this.
  19. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

It must be same person who thinks it´s a great idea running LMP1 cars around Laguna Seca.

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I think Driver was attempting to be humorous,... :)

After_Midnight and Rogue Leader like this.