1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wide FOV and HMD - Related Graphic Issues -> Canted Displays

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by darktrooper, Jul 7, 2020.

1. darktrooper

darktrooper Rookie

Hi SimRacers,

I jumped into ACC a while ago and I am a VR/HMD user.
    I have the Pimax 5k+ and the 8k+ (soon the 8KX). I drive with the Fanatec Elite CSL.

With the 8k+ racing is really nice and very close to monitor use - except that it beats the GPU's down, tweaking I get about 45-60 with nice Graphics, more like 72+ if less eye candy is used.

My issue or questions is about canted displays as many Wide Field of View HMDs use.
    There are several issues mainly produced by the engine seemingly rendering different graphical elements like pars of trees or shadows for each display possibly also using different LOD/Distance values for each eye. This produced a flickering and inconsistency which is quite annoying.

Pushing the foliage LOD and Similar and the shadows on EPIC reduces the effect, but it is still there.

Is there any chance this will be addressed soon?

Kind Regards,

Short Sys Specs:
    I7 9900k ~4.9GHZ
    EVGA 2080 TI FTW
    64GB RAM
    Pimax 8k+
    Fanatec CSL Elite

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Shift Indication on Virtual dash on new KTM GT2 car is outlined too wide Jan 24, 2024
    ACC Hardware Discussions 49" ultrawide --> upgrade GPU, CPU, or both? Aug 8, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 fatal error [wide variery - possible hardware issue] Feb 17, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa looks low resolution on ultrawide Jan 30, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Running wide at Imola - on every lap with no penality? Nov 27, 2020
    Screens & Videos 3-wide into NGK chicane AND survive? Nov 12, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Anyone playing on Ultra Widescreen 3440 x 1440? Jul 31, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Super Ultrawide versus Triples versus VR May 9, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Upgrading to a 34" ultrawide monitor May 5, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Porsche nose to bumper racing, 3 wide in Kemmel & Blancimont Apr 6, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI Monza 3 Wide bug. Dec 23, 2019
    ACC User Interface 1.0.7 Too much zoom in showroom and car selection on Triples and Ultrawides Aug 9, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars replay camera - vertical crop with wide screen and triple screen Mar 18, 2019
    ACC User Interface Choose Superwide resolution with triple screen windowed Dec 4, 2018
    ACC User Interface Please support Ultrawide correctly also in intro clips Sep 21, 2018

3. darktrooper

darktrooper Rookie

Just a small update - tweaking can still reduce this effect - but its really a pain in the a** since the trees keep flickering and kill immersion. This is the same on my new PC.
    Is anybody looking into such issues, which are VR related, at all?

4. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

did you change engine.ini, are ou using a pre made one?
    Look for r.MipMapLODBias
    if the value for this is too much below 0 (e.g.-1.5) it causes shimmering/flickering, tone it down to like -0.8

5. darktrooper

darktrooper Rookie

Thanks for the repley and hint.
    I found the engine.ini in my C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
    but it only shows paths to other areas:

[Core.System]
    Paths=../../../Engine/Content
    Paths=%GAMEDIR%Content
    Paths=../../../AC2/Plugins/FMODStudio/Content
    Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Runtime/Steam/SteamVR/Content
    Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Runtime/Oculus/OculusVR/Content
    Paths=../../../AC2/Plugins/ACShaders/Content
    Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/2D/Paper2D/Content
    Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Developer/AnimationSharing/Content
    Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Editor/CryptoKeys/Content
    Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Enterprise/DatasmithContent/Content
    Paths=../../../Engine/Plugins/Media/MediaCompositing/Content

[/Script/WindowsTargetPlatform.WindowsTargetSettings]
    AudioDevice=Lautsprecher (Sound Blaster AE-9)

and also the following ini's, none contain the r.MipMapLODBias:
    ApexDestruction.ini
    Compat.ini
    DeviceProfiles.ini
    Engine.ini
    Game.ini
    GameUserSettings.ini <------ The only one that contains info besides the Engine.ini
    Hardware.ini
    Input.ini
    OculusVR.ini
    Paper2D.ini
    PhysXVehicles.ini
    Scalability.ini

In steams folders there are no files which seem to be usable for editing.
    Am I missing it somewhere else would be thank full for a hint, did not find anything in "googleing". Except this one:
    Guide to Graphics Settings and Performance in ACC | Kunos Simulazioni - Official Forum (assettocorsa.net)
    I will see if i can inject that....

EDIT: I also saw this
    System Settings | Unreal Engine Documentation
    I will see if I can get the Trees to render better, it looks like in some cases its diffrent for each display (lef/right) - not sure if its LOD or Shadows in the trees - the look for trees further away feels like the trees would need parallel projections... cant describe it better.

But thanks again very much fur the good hints !!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021