1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

That'd be the dream, yes - but I doubt it will be worth it financially to develop such complexities - specific rules for 10, 20, 30 different racing series, and then make them user-friendly to work with and tweak .. It just isn't realistic.
    Agreed. I'd rather have every one of the tracks we have in ACC than Nords.

EDIT: why aren't my quotes working any more? Second time in 2 days it's done this.o_O

EDIT 2: Seems an issue on Chrome for Android only - it adds spaces between items in the quote block for some reason.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  2. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Just testing a quote not from UNF.

3. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Exactly, This obsession with Nordschleife as if the game isn't good enough until its added. Don't get me wrong I think we ALL would enjoy trying it out with the best handling GT3 sim ever underneath, but in the end its not a very good "Racing" track, and I'd rather have the realistic visceral battles that the current game and tracks afford.

4. Hands in Cuffs for modders perhaps. The same modders adding unlicensed content of rimming other game's content...
    Seems like many are giving lots for granted, which must be very disappointing for those who supported them for years.
    Sometimes people get stuck in symbiotic relationship, convinced it's gonna last forever. Their misconception leads to they frustration when they realize the truth.

5. Turk

Turk Alien

I can see how someone who's into the traditional diving sim with lots of cars and tracks might not like ACC. On paper it's lacking a lot that is fairly common in this market.

But I really like it, like, really like it. I've found the lack of distractions really helpful and I've become more obsessed with developing my driving skill rather than jumping around from car to car just having fun.

ACC is what it is, I can understand it not for everybody, it may be a bit marmite, but if you are one of the people who are into what ACC provides it's a fantastic experience.

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

With ACC when you jump in a race you first find the race rules, pit stop, no pit stop, tyre change? Is refueling allowed? Then you build your race, nowhere else do you get that, it’s proper motorsport, not just rock up and drive

chksix and Dewald Nel like this.
  7. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

AC is fabulous but ACC allows for a kind of focused racing that AC doesn’t have.
    I’m most of all an online player and for that I enjoy ACC more due to how focused it is compared with AC.

In close to 2,5 years of ACC I’ve raced quite a bit more than in 5 years of AC, precisely due to online racing whilest in AC online happened much less regularly.

If I can sum it up in one phrase, I would say I find ACC to be an online racing focused title and AC a offline chilling one.

I do enjoy very much driving on AC and surely will in AC2, but I see myself spending more time racing online than driving offline, or even online, for what matters.

rycil, Turk and Dewald Nel like this.
  8. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

What the R̶o̶m̶a̶n̶s̶ SRO gave us:
    - Unlimited support in access - visual, technical, on-site, great food
    - Unprecedented support in resolving licensing conundrums, whether it's tracks or manufacturers, allowing for the creation of content that would not have been possible without a partnership or without the financial backing
    - Enforcing access and support by participating teams, allowing a data influx that again would have been incredibly difficult to attain by approaching teams one by one without a push from any organizer - not to mention the difficulty to meet teams and get their attention in the first place as ordinary developers
    - Providing a framework - rules, BOP, relevance to a real-life championship
    - Access to a tyre manufacturer, which is a goldmine in this business

It's not to say we don't miss reproducing supercars, road cars or classic cars, even ordinary cars, but AC1 has never been taken off the shelves or replaced.

ACC gave us the opportunity to expand with a more focused game, and the attention to detail we could afford was a lot more than with any other more generic game. And we can carry this know-how to whatever we do in the future.

I understand that the series restrictions are annoying to those who were hoping car X or track Y to be included with the same fidelity, but that argument is incredibly shortsighted.

Echo_29, ignission, dek and 67 others like this.
  9. Unf

Unf Racer

Since I understand your arguments and agree with them - this quoted sentence gave me a lot of high hopes for the future :rolleyes:

10. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

They would have had me right there.

ignission, JanR and Guidofoc like this.
  11. Im afraid something like acc wont happen again for a long long time.
    Hopefully you will continue to support it too

Elrann and grrdabrr like this.
  12. matt_had

matt_had Gamer

One of the main issues with the sim racing (vocal) community is that people seem to want to play one sim and it must do everything the best.

Each sim has their own plus points, enjoy them for what they are.

GT3/4, serious racing accurately represented = ACC

Chillout drive around nords = AC

Competitive scheduled multilayer = iracing

Random Brazilian track and stock cars = AMS

Etc. There is a sim out there for whatever mood you're in.

ignission, Winston and Rogue Leader like this.
  13. CSJ92882

CSJ92882 Rookie

This is what so many people miss, thanks for letting everyone know (or in most cases, reminding everyone). ACC isn’t as accurate or great without the relationship that came from producing a game based on a licensed series.

Plus allowing the devs to focus on perfecting a subset of the racing world.

Mogster, Dewald Nel, JanR and 2 others like this.
  14. Akbalder

Akbalder Racer

Fanatec is a new sponsor for SRO this year. It would make sense for them to sponsorize championships that will be in the game.
    This gives us a few ideas for future DLCs:
    - GT2 European Series: Maybe the easiest to create with "only" 3 or 4 cars to add
    - GT World Challenge America: 7 tracks to create including Indianapolis which can be used to also update the International GT Challenge
    - GT World Challenge Asia: 5 tracks to create
    - GT World Challenge Australia: 3-4 tracks to create but not worth the risk of including a championship just created

15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Guess, we had these news on page 14:
    Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021 Generic discussion | Page 14 | Kunos Simulazioni - Official Forum

16. Lol.
    You know both you and the mass may be wrong, right? Cause for sure we know nobody is right.

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Am I one of the both, you are talking about?
    I was just pointing to the news, not speculations, from SRO and Fanatec, there was no statement from me, so I can´t be right or wrong either.

And about possible DLC, we have the interviews with Marco.

There is no need for theorizing.

18. Unf

Unf Racer

https://coachdaveacademy.com/tutorials/best-car-in-acc/

According to new CDA report, 2 of 3 fastest car's are those you can get only by... buying DLC :) (if you want to drive Ferrari on CP races for instance, you are forced to buy DLC anyway since it requied 2020 version).
    Coincidence?

BOP seems to be a joke, not a "balance" since cars like BMW, Honda or even Lexus practically don't exist in the top level races in ACC. Moreover - if you want to have the best one, you are forced to pay extra :D

19. You can pick 488 2019 also in 2020 season.
    All cars are fast, almost equal.
    BMW, Honda or even Lexus are super strong cars.
    Perhaps are you throwing bs on porpouse?

20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

So manufacturers making faster GT3 cars year on year is a conspiracy now to make people buy the ACC DLC’s? Haha

I believe among the if not the fastest current car is the McLaren 720, we sure got charged a lot for that... oh, wait...