1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. =LM=908GTS

=LM=908GTS Rookie

Does anyone have this lack of feeling during braking in ACC ?
    I was wondering they'll fix it with an update but I imagine it's too late now the game has gone far in his development...
    I discuss with some other simracers and real drivers, some agree with me.

I play AC and RF2 and both have a great braking feeling, you can feel the inertia of the front of the car (ffb become a litlle bit harder) when you are breaking (hard or not) and you can do trail-braking in a good way.

In ACC, I can't feel any mass tranfert, only the ABS effect so it's hard to relax the pedal at the right moment.

I have a TS-PC racer wheel and try different settings (I try with a lut file too) but I always have this bad feeling (I also have it in Automobilista 2...).

Elsewhere, ACC is well-made but driving in it is very frustrating for me.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  2. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Don´t like it at all in RF2, never felt it that way in a real car ever.

Mogster and LATE4APEX like this.
  3. =LM=908GTS

=LM=908GTS Rookie

Are you a real race driver ?
    A race driver of 911 Cup and GT3 told me he was disappointed by the behaviour of the cars (in the game) he drove in real life. He's also a coach for Porsche owners at a Porsche Center and he prefers AC for the general feeling of the car (the braking and the grip).
    For me, it's the feeling in the front wheels which is not satisfying when I brake.

4. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Been racing cars for 20 years. Brakes feel better than any other sim ever to me, along with everything else.

5. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

What "feeling" do you expect to feel when you apply the brakes while the car is being driven in a straight line, and why ??
    If the back end of the car is not moving around while braking, why would you expect to feel anything in the "front wheels"?
    Weight transfer from the rear to the front, should not produce any feeling in the front wheels.

I use very little front brake bias, so if I am hard on the brakes while the car is entering a corner, yes,... I do feel the back end moving around in ACC, as it should, but in a straight line, never, unless of coarse, there are other issues at play that makes the back end unstable.

And you also have to consider the dampening effect ABS has, which is of course, a variable.

And yes, I have done F1200 racing for 5 years, and some Karting.

Edit: I'm still surprised to hear "real" race car drivers state they don't have the same feel in a game, as in real life, holy s***, all we have in a sim is FFB, so much else is not there in a sim.

stefanoCasillo and sps_for_race like this.
  6. =LM=908GTS

=LM=908GTS Rookie

If you prefer, the rear end gets light... I can't feel this (or a very little) in ACC while braking.
    You should read this...
    https://www.allenbergracingschools.com/expert-advice/physics-racing-part-1-weight-transfer/

I run without ABS and have the same weird feeling. I have set up the gamma of my brake pedal correctly.
    I'm just looking for tips to have a better feeling, that's my question, not how to brake in racing. :D

7. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Couple of questions.

What does a real driver feel, when they state,... "the rear end gets light, in a real race car ?

And, what does,... "the rear end gets light", mean to you ?

Since, surprisingly, you don't use any ABS, I would even think of teaching you how to brake,... :D

8. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Why these rhetorical questions? Guy just wants an answer to his question.

In short, there's nothing you can change to enhance the feeling of the FFB. The FFB was created as to mimic what real life drivers feel through the wheel, without adding 'fake' forces that drivers would feel through their butt in a real car.
    Some real drivers like how ACC feels, others don't. It's a very subjective topic, but there's pretty much nothing you can do other than change your expectations of what you'd expect to feel.

9. =LM=908GTS

=LM=908GTS Rookie

I have not enough experience on the track but it's not only about G-forces, the front suspension and tyres have a stronger load than the rear end, so you can also feel it in the wheel. Maybe in a dynamic simulator, acc feels better.

I drive without ABS or with a very little amount of it because it's undrivable for me with too much of it in ACC as I have a weird feeling...

10. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

If I don't understand what his opinions are about the subject, how can I answer his questions ?

What is your suggestion ?

I'll ask you the same questions,...
    What does a real driver feel, when they state,... "the rear end gets light, in a real race car ?

And, what does,... "the rear end gets light", mean to you ?

11. =LM=908GTS

=LM=908GTS Rookie

Thanks for your reply, that's exactly what I was after...
    I have to try to get used to this ffb or buy a dynamic simulator. :D
    And yes, People I talk with, are divided on how the ffb feels.

12. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

When drivers say the rear is light - do they actually mean that the rear is unstable ? I ask because I can't understand how someone would feel that , unless the car is moving around, because of toe or camber

13. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

What else could it mean ?

If you just jumped on the brakes, transferring a lot of weight from the rear to the front, and there is any amount of forces/conditions effecting the rear, then I would think the rear would become less stable.

I experienced that when I was racing, and do experience that on ACC under conditions exist that make the rear move around, and smile when I have to correct, as this is so RL.

If you hit the throttle, moving weight from the front to the rear, the front will be less capable, and the result is a light feeling, and understeer.

These two actions mean the balance of the car has changed, big time, I would think there has to be some consequences.

In my opinion, and experience.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    AndyK70 and Winston like this.
  14. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Being light makes it unstable - all the weight has been transferred forward due to some sort of deceleration, be it braking or just lifting, which is what makes it light.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  15. so what do you exactly expect to "feel" in the wheel when you brake and the "rear gets light"? Should the steering wheel pull left or right?

LATE4APEX likes this.
  16. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

Honestly for me it's the opposite, I find the feeling under braking pretty good. In the BMW you can really sense the rear getting light and getting a bit sideways when you begin to turn, it's a tiny amount but you understand quickly what the car does. I really learned to trail brake on ACC because I actually felt the need for it to be fast, it's seemed natural to me.

tldr : FFB is pretty damn good or at least I've never had a better one in my hands.

17. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

I also love how FFB feels in ACC, and it's not like under braking there is a specific FFB it's still the same forces acting on the tyres, if there is a difference left to right you will feel it, if there is load on one side and it will also move front ot back you will feel it, ABS you will also feel it, if it goes straight you won't feel any force acting on you as your wheel is straight in the first place, maybe some ABS but at that point you are probabbly turning already

18. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I personally like ffb in acc, it's much more clean than the original ac. I don't know if it's only ffb or ffb + visual clue but I can "feel" the weight transfer especially front-rear a lot more than AC where I just feel the rear slapping from left to right.
    Without ABS you are going to pull less longitudinal gs so any effect you can feel when turning the wheel it's gonna be less strong

19. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

Oh I See, therefore , it is impossible to feel the rear end getting lighter as a direct physical force, but is a secondary feeling that comes from the lateral rotational movment of the rear of the car in relation to the front ? this would cause the stearing wheel to move slightly, and that is how you would tell that the rear of the car is getting lighter ? But if you a are breaking in a perfect straight line there would be no indication of the rear getting lighter , apart from being pulled forward ?

If this is the case it would explain why i get a better feeling of braking when using a hard loadcell and cockpit that a normal pedal , I think i can feel the back of the car moving around better when being pushed back into the seat.

LATE4APEX likes this.