1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. stephen_b

stephen_b Racer

Let's hope one.KO losses his/her privilages to race in multiplayer for a considerable length of time. Disgraceful.

chksix likes this.
  2. Unf

Unf Racer

True. But somehow I believe that ACC community is much more mature, especially those who run CP races and that kind of voting should be easy to achieve.

3. Tonight there was not way to race my god. SA does not do the job. Maybe it is as designed. It is not designed to stimulate the people to be fair.
    Instead of improving when you dont have contact, it penalizes you when you get wrecked way more than it increases when you manage to dodge them.
    Let's hope they dont make it harsher...
    It does not give enough trust and it does penalizes too much when you get puncted.
    Probably their benchmark is league racing, because in the lobbies between 50 70 sa it's worse than 10.
    My god today I tried so hard to have fun.
    I was literally torn apart in 7 consecutive races. I had yo quit cause I was starting to get mad. My god!
    I follow for 3 laps and I gain 0 points, then I get rear ended and I lose one.
    Just because in qualifying a stupid guy cut variante 1 anf sent me to the moon.

4. devil in me

devil in me Racer

To me the SA system in ACC is a good system. I like it. It makes more sense than the one in iracing. Much more. It's more logical and accurate of how good you are when driving around others.
    Even the off track way of ACC for me it's more fun. But this one could and should be improved way more.

Some how a more sensitive damage model could maybe help make people more aware of touching others, maybe even a added system where your racecraft could be tight together with your SA. and for that the racecraft would need to be fixed since it doesn't move from 99%.

Something definitely should be done to improve the experience for those guys that want to enjoy a racing game/sim in the proper way.

The name of the title is ... Competizione and it's the official sim for the world challenge gt, something like that. But they forgot to put either the competition and the challenge on it..

Having some events to do hot lap records for me it's not exactly what I call racing competition or a gt challenge..

Maybe the devs could start to put some more tobacco in the stuff when they are mixing it, and they would realize something it's not adding up.

5. devil in me

devil in me Racer

I'm perplexed how it toke you 7 consecutive races to get you mad.

Only takes one for me.. Sometimes one lap.. Not even a entire race. Haha

GONKO likes this.
  6. Unf

Unf Racer

The question is also why CP races have pathetic 78 SA cap. It should be 90+.
    More effort needed to be permitted to do CP race = less trolls.

GONKO and sps_for_race like this.
  7. devil in me

devil in me Racer

well 78 SA cap on paper would be enough...but the way it works not even 90 SA cap would save us.
    Even in 90 SA the rage monsters will always be there.

Since the leagues are supposedly more safer to race in, Kunos could add a menu in game to support leagues, instead of people need to go look for websites of leagues and people running leagues and subscribing a thousand websites to run in leagues, etc... Even if they didnt want to make a structure for a championship, at least give the tools in game.. I don't like to play a game where i need to go outside the game to enjoy that game.

I do a race. now i have to minimize the game to go to a website to see scores, laps, whatever. now maximaze the game, ohh now my triples are messed up.. ohh windows don't want to maximaze.. oh s*t i cant minimize. opps it crashed. let me turn on the game.. ohh wait its outside the game after all.. ohh i want to see that replay let me go into the game again. opss crashed again when maximaze..

thanks but no thanks

8. As I remember SA does not count when you lose control around cars, but why?
    If you lose control, and your CC is avarage high, and you manage to not crash, it should award you heavely. Plus it's very difficult to lose control and avoid a contact to boost SA.
    While if you crash without losing control, it means you could avoid it, losing control means you tried at least.offline.

Second, we need to put CC as a boundery for public lobbies, so that 90 cc and 90 sa you are sure there are no noobs, then you can penalize every contact.
    But in this system, without using other values as boundaries, you are going to penalize the good players too...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  9. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

Practically speaking I don't think SA or any sort of automated system would work, probably need stewards or some sort of post-race protest/report process where an actual human takes action.

This isn't an easy problem to solve though, even iracing and similar services like SRS are far from perfect.....

10. devil in me

devil in me Racer

That would work with RC not with CC.. Devs had explain how CC works and that very fast, good and safe drivers may or may not have high CC. CC its just a representation of the way u like or know how to drive the car in a way of driving style/control, where control means the way u control the actual driving of the car not the car it self.
    Thats the reason i spoke about RC on post above, that would be way more apropriate for that situation. RC represents your hability to drive close and around other cars doenst matter if u are slidding, drifting, flying, wheilling or bunny hopping the car.
    which means your real hability to control the car in a safe manner when close by others.

And thats the reason i said RC should be improved ( tweaked), since im not a particular alien driver, and i manage to have it locked in 99%, since the moment i reached it and that was in the first week of playing the game after a few hours.
    so for example instead of raising the RC for about 3% over X amount of time whille im driving at 10 meters behind of the car ahaed i would need to be at arround 1 meter for those same 3% raise on it (RC).

That way u would be able to control how good a driver is and slipt them in a better fashion ( i guess).

So a value mix between RC and SA would probably give u a better accuracy of good sensible drivers over the others.

And since i already pretty much did a full scheme of a system that would work that way and the thread was closed and we didnt saw any changes by the dev team, its pretty much clear they are not willing to give a try on another options besides the one they already gave us. And this is a half glass of nothing we are trying to fill with another bit of nothing.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  11. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Extra lesson learned: Be extra careful about guys who already got a DT penalty, they have nothing to lose.

Slow clap.

AndyK70 and jesker like this.
  12. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Let me expand a little more and bother u to death.

Imagine u in your road car going into a roundabout, alone on the road ( no other cars around).
    U are able to drift the roundabout easly with no one around u. U don't crash, u dont touch the roundabout, u keep the car on the road and as soon as u want to stop drifting u are able to do so. At that moment your real live "CC" goes down, because u are sliding (overdriving) your car around even if under control and u have hands on it and no issues. It represents your driving style, you like to overdrive it.

On the second round of going around the roundabout another car joins in, at that moment your need for hability increases, u will still have the hability to control the overdrive, but now u will have to add the hability to have it controlled close by another car, the closer u are the higher your real live RC gets. u touch him and u have a SA penalty ( damage in real live) and a RC dropdown, since u dont have the hability to have it controled next to another car. But u didnt lost the hability to have it controlled under overdrive.

Makes sense?

13. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

14. devil in me

devil in me Racer

and how do they find that elo ??? more or lesse the same values they would use for what i said.. i see it exactly the same way exactly in fact.

U just instead of having a number that goes up undefenitivly and down measuring your elo.. u would have a number from 1 to 99 to make it work better.. or maybe it even doesnt need that change. it already got it.

P.S in fact:
    Almost correct; but it's not only about overtaking. You can even gain ELO by keeping up to a better (ranked) driver. The idea is pretty much not looking at results (or overtakes) too much, as both tend to create conflicts with the matter of clean racing. Also it's quite depressing to be always under high pressure. Instead, the RC is going to look at the flow and just trying to figure out where the relative strenght of each driver is (over a looooooong time).

exactly what i said....

15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

You'll get a better ELO if you make most runs in your roundabout and finish in front of your opponent.
    See description above.

16. devil in me

devil in me Racer

The description abose says :"he idea is pretty much not looking at results (or overtakes)"

Not looking at results or overtakes

its your hability to keep close to another car.. the better the other car is the higher u go too.. even better for what i said

17. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

18. devil in me

devil in me Racer

yes we read.. because i read "not looking" and u read "not only"....

19. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

and I read "too much" at the end of the sentence you quoted.

20. devil in me

devil in me Racer

and ? it means there is a small % taken into account.. where does that mean it would make any diference in the system i was giving an ideia? As long as that Elo its not only taking the results and overtakes into account.
    It probably even makes more sense in that said system. The higher your elo the better skill u have the harder u know u can push to the people around u, until u reach your level.
    Put that toghether with SA to make a number and u have a skill base for quality and safety of people on the race with u .