1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Noob Questions

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Garnet, Mar 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Garnet

Garnet Gamer

My friend and I are new to the sim and have a few questions, done searches but no luck.

1. I was driving in the seat but must have hit a button and now I can't get 'into' the car, I'm sitting way up behind it. I have VR and have the 'centering' button set up, but I can't get 'in' the car. I've tried changing the camera view in Replay as this is what seemed to changed it, but didn't do anything.

2. Is there a way to know when I've gone off track? I can see my laps get nullified in the time sheets, but don't see where I'm going off. Is there a notification while I'm driving anywhere?

3. When I pull into the pits the pit crew never come out. There are two stop signs (not confusing at all) I've tried stopping the front of the car at either and still pit crews don't come out.

4. I can rarely get a tire pressure into the 27's. This is with Safe or Aggressive settings or all TC-ABS turned off. I feel I'm overdriving the car if anything. The brakes are in the always in the green.

Thanks for any assistance.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Noob questions, sorry. My first look into this game. Dec 19, 2020
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Noob questions about SlipAngle vs TyreSlip, units, and transparency Sep 3, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Rear suspension questions (noob stuff) Sep 5, 2015
    General modding discussion Aero questions from a noob Mar 31, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Noob back with new replay and new questions Nov 21, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Replay and lots of noob questions... Oct 17, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Noob questions Aug 29, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Noob questions. lots and lots of noob questions. Aug 24, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Noob gear questions Jul 4, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Help a noob image on app Dec 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions the biggest crash noobs !!! May 3, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Where can a noob race online? Sep 29, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room Formula Hybrid 2020 League for relative noobs? Mar 7, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Noob question - Car Control and Consistency Feb 20, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Noob question about FFB Aug 28, 2020

3. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Another noob answering, so take it with a pinch of salt:
    1.- Looks like you are into another view, I think it´s F2 to cycle cameras.
    2.- During races yes you have audio and visual feedback for cutting. For qualy I´m unsure. Practice is the lap time becoming red, but you need HUD on.
    3.-Crew must be turned on in options I think. Kill the engine too.
    4.-What cars year? Newer cars get a different tyre unit. Vanilla setups tend to be on the low side of pressure. Also air and track temperatures have a lot of influence. Clouds vs clear skies too.

Welcome to ACC.

The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  4. You can adjust your seat position in game.
    Pause the game and go to visual settings.

Apparently you have no HUD, press F2 to switch HUDs and pick the basic one, full of info. You can then customize basic HUD in settings.

You must have disabled pit crew in settings, general.

You must set your psi in the setup screen. Notice that in the setup you twick psi when wheels are cold, but your target is hot.

5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

1. F1 key cycles the driving cameras. For VR centering I have no idea.
    2. Off track: the general rule is that you need to have two wheels within the track at any time. On standard tracks, kerbs also count as track. On some British GT tracks, kerbs do not count as track. During qualify going off track invalidates the lap. During the race the system will evaluate if your off-track gained you some time. If yes, it will give you a warning. You receive 3 warnings, at the 4th off-track you get a drive-through.
    3. Pit stop: are you in a race or? Anyways you need to get to your pit, stop the car and turn off the engine. When the pit stop ends, you need to turn on the engine again. In your car setup menu you can choose the pit strategy. You can adjust the pit strategy in-car using the MFD menu.
    4. You need to adjust the tire pressures in your car setup. Drive a few laps, come back to the pits and you have the readings of the hot tire pressures. Using those you can adjust the cold pressure value so that it reaches the optimal value when the tire is hot.

In general, you can refer to these:
    ACC Wiki (Unofficial) (acc-wiki.info)
    ACC 1.0 Tutorial - Documenti Google
    DRIVERS GUIDE ACC - SRO E-Sport Championship - Documenti Google
    ACC Blog | Kunos Simulazioni - Official Forum (assettocorsa.net)
    (14) Aris.Drives - YouTube
    Aris.Drives Discord Community

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. bbman

bbman Racer

1. F1 cycles the camera, be aware there are 3 different in-car cameras: one is the normal in-car camera, the second is the dashboard view (will be close-up to the dash), the third is helmet cam (you can see something akin to the inside of a helmet on the edge of your vision). All three cameras act differently to bumps and so on, so choose what you feel more comfortable. F2 does cycle the HUDs, but that wasn't your question.
    2. In Free Practice, there is no indicator for getting off the track other than your laptime turning red (if you enabled the laptime HUD element). In every other session type, you get a message/penalty.
    3. You stop before the closer sign (that's standing on the ground) and turn the engine off. If you don't stop within the intended space, your car will be picked up and placed in the correct space - memorize how many arrows are showing on the sign, so next time the crew begins work instantly. If you are way off, pit stop also won't start until you get the car at least roughly into the right place.
    4. Pressures hugely depend on the track temperature. If you are driving at a cold morning, you need higher starting pressures to get into the 27s than if you are driving in a desert at mid-day. Best thing is to drive 3-4 clean laps and fill in the difference to 27.5 psi when you return to the garage. When you go out again, your pressures should reach equilibrium with the right pressures.

7. Garnet

Garnet Gamer

Thanks very much for the answers.

It thought the tires would be set to the right pressure, but given the different track conditions it makes sense to adjust them.

Is there any way of moving the HUD info, like the lap timer? I'm in VR and it's a bit out of my field of view.

I've been on iRacing for a while and can usually get within a second of the top times, but find I'm ten seconds (!) off the pace here. I've watched some track guides and will get to analysing data soon, anyone have any other methods you use to close the gap?

Thanks again.

8. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Practice Practice Practice.

This sim is more realistic with better physics, tire modeling, etc than iRacing such that it affects your driving technique. There are a lot of things you can get away with in iRacing that you can't here. You just need to adapt, it will take a little time, but with practice you will get it. Also google Nils Naujoks videos, as well as Aris. Lots of good stuff there.

9. Garnet

Garnet Gamer

Thanks, I found Nils a couple of days ago and agree, great track guides and analysis, I'll look for Aris.

What type things can you get away with in iRacing that you can't in ACC? I thought both tire models were pretty good.

10. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I find the grip limits and where the tires break away in iRacing are noticeably different. I also notice the tires go from good to shot a lot quicker in iRacing where in ACC its more progressive. There are situations in iRacing where I can just toss the car into a turn (very unrealistically) that in ACC I'd end up in the wall. I will give iRacing credit in that they do work to improve the models and release updates all the time, but this game being focused on GT3/4 and based on a much newer engine (don't forget the base of iRacing is the game "NASCAR 2003", seriously), gets the nuances that allow you to drive the cars in a more realistic fashion far better.

11. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

All the links to Aris drives, user guides, wiki etc are in my post above.

12. Garnet

Garnet Gamer

Great, thanks for the links and all of the information.