1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS ACC Shared Memory Documentation

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Fernando Barbarossa, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Ensi Ferrum

Ensi Ferrum Racer

It is in Graphics Page.
    int currentTyreSet - Tyre Set currently in use
    int strategyTyreSet - Next Tyre Set per Strategy

2. expor

expor Gamer

That's what I assumed (not Physics page indeed). But still strategy set sounds same as selected set in MFD, aren't they?

3. expor

expor Gamer

While I appreciate the effort of adding these new variables. The CurrentTyreSet is not 0-based whereas all others are (e.g. when selecting tyre set 1 as current set, it shows 1 in shared memory. But when selecting MFD/NextStrategeTyre the shared memory says 0 when selecting 1). It would be nice if this could be kept consistent (brakes are also 0-based) ;).

Edit: Actually, 0 seems to be useful, as it indicates WET. Would be nice to add that to documentation though due to what I mentioned above.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  4. XIV-V

XIV-V Gamer

Some recently added attributes like currentTyreSet, strategyTyreSet, rainIntensity*, mfdTyrePressure*, mfdTyreSet, mfdFuelToAdd are missing from simhub properties list. Is it by design ?

An additionnal property would be very interesting : the tyre pressure at cold on the last pit stop / start of race (values from setup HUD). The point is to give to driver the confort to setup the next pit (in MFD) relatively to pressures at cold of the currently used tyres . This is not persisted anywhere. Alternatively, it could be nice to implement it in official game HUD.

TheBigO likes this.
  5. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

This is also on the top of my whish list for the the AI-based virtual race engineer, I am working on (https://github.com/SeriousOldMan/Simulator-Controller/wiki/Virtual-Race-Engineer). And, if I have one christmas whish free, it would be absolutely great to have an API (DLL or REST, no matter) to externally control the Pitstop MFD. I currently do this using keyboard and mouse automation, but this is very error prone.

XIV-V likes this.
  6. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Racer

Could we finally get invalid laps properly flagged during race sessions, please? Now all laps are always reported as valid.

7. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Am i right that this only outputs bodywork damage and there are no SM indicators for suspension damage amounts?

float carDamage[5] - Car damage: front 0, rear 1, left 2, right 3, centre 4

Also, what you call centre seems just to sum up all front/rear/left/right?

8. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

There are suspension damage fields as well, and yes, centre seems to be the sum of all other fields at the moment.

suspensionDamage is a field in the physics page.

9. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

suspensionDamage is in red in the doc - doesn't that mean it isn't used? Admittedly, I haven't checked

10. expor

expor Gamer

How do you use the data if I may ask? I've tried making sense of it but it just seems to be a "random" number that keeps increasing with damage, but no clear scale or anything. It's neither a percentage or related to time, so what is it, and what's the max value (it kept increasing the more I kept ramming it into a wall, even if it seemed no more damage was possible :p).

11. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

TheBigO - You are right, it is in there, but Doug is also right in that it`s red and so not used by ACC. Bummer.

I missed it when i scanned through as i was ignoring the red ones!

12. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

I did some proper trial and error stuff and ended up converting the number to seconds and dividing it by 3.54168. It`s fairly accurate to within .001, but only for body damage. As soon as suspension damage occurs, its out unless you turn off repairing it in the mfd.

expor likes this.
  13. expor

expor Gamer

I took the same approach but never got a common denominator. Maybe because I didn't realize center is already the sum of other components. Thanks for the info!

14. TheBigO

TheBigO Racer

I use them in my AI Race Engineer and the values are valid.

Festa_PWR and expor like this.
  15. expor

expor Gamer

I see for suspension the conversion factor is slightly different but I got the number anyway. Seems indeed accurate till 0.001 which is more than sufficient.

16. Doug Duthie

I've got an issue if the default language pack is Turkish. It appears that for Imola, the SPageFileStatic.track is reported as "ımola" not "imola" - ie the first character has been changed to the non-dotted Turkish "I" character - x131 rather than x69. All other tracks appear the same as with other language packs.

This is causing havoc with my lookups. Is this intended behaviour or shouldn't the track codes be consistent regardless of language pack?
    Thanks

Cirith Ungol likes this.
  17. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

Just checking, are the bytes from the shared memory for the odd first char in SPageFileStatic.track same or different between different language packs? This could be a locale issue when you change the bytearray to string. At least in Java if you convert a byte array to String and you use different locale/charset, the resulting string might have different characters.
    Cheers.

18. Doug Duthie

In C#, I'm mashalling as a ByValTStr using CharSet.Unicode, which I believe is correct (I could be wrong though). I could understand character set translation issues if it was a character that wasn't in the standard ASCII set. But "i" should always be x69 shouldn't it? Also, only the "i" in imola is affected. All other tracks are fine apparently.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has seen this (ie "ımola" in Turkish) to see if it is a source data issue or with my code reading to strings.

Cheers

19. Holger Gunkel

Holger Gunkel Rookie

Hi, you may create a savegame of Imola (single player sessions only) for proof that. Thereafter look the last "nnH.json" file in savegame folder. There is a parameter called "trackName" inside. Probably it should be same as in Shared Memory.

20. Iko Rein

Iko Rein Gamer

@pankykapus Would it be possible to add to the SHMEM data the steer ratio from the car setup. That would make it easier to automate oversteer/understeer calculations.

Cheers