1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 222 - Italian Merc with a Bent Panorama view of things.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Weekly Hotlap Challenge #222 - Italian Merc with a Bent Panorama view of things

The Challenge:
    Hotlap
    Car: Mercedes 190E Evo 2

Track: Monza

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Mercedes 190E is quite a little racy machine and it feels really good at a track like Monza where it can stretch its legs. Too bad you can’t draft your ghost eh?

RSR top time is 1.58.040. Back in June of 2018 I managed a 2.01.035. I am hoping to be able to spend a bit of time on the setup and get that time down by at least a second or more!

Ideal Psi for all sets of tires is 29.

How to take part - Hot lap:

To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the and the Monza circuit. Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap Monza

Time of day: Free

Ambient Temp: Free

Setup: Free

Controller: Free

Assists: Factory

Stability: Free

Deadline: Sunday April 24th 2020.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used!

Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:

Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.

Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)

The image or screen shot showing your time.

Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

A leader board is collated regularly. Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Season ICGTC

1. Car: Bentley Continental GT3

2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for a fastest single lap time:

3. Time of day: 11:00

4. Track: Bathurst Mt Panorama

5. Weather type eg: Cloudy

6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled

7. Cloud: n/a

8. Ave Temp: n/a

9. Grip level: Optimum

10. Wetness: n/a

And we are chasing down Vincent Avril's 2:02:86

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:02.502
    PC

Bentley drives surprisingly well for its ridiculous size. A few tweaks to pressures and camber so far, slightly softer springs and one click more rear bar. Might have to up the diff, well see. Still time on the table for sure. 2:01's easily I'm sure.

upload_2021-4-18_1-8-59.png

4. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:02.274
    PC

Diff 80, front 1mm higher.

I just need to put an actual lap together.

upload_2021-4-18_1-27-11.png

5. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:01.968
    PC

Last one for tonight. There's still time left on the table.

upload_2021-4-18_1-39-43.png

6. Andrei228

Andrei228 Gamer

AC
    Andrei
    2:00:068
    PC

mercedesmonza2.png

Been away with work for two weeks and didn't have access to my wheel. Still feeling a bit rusty in driving terms and managed to put this lap together after a couple of tries. I always feel that a good time in Monza is always determined by how much you ride/cut the sausage kerbs in the chicanes and I cannot yet do this consistently without unbalancing the car too much.

One tip I found(by mistake) that made braking in this car much better is to leave the downshifts as late as possible before turn in instead of gradually downshifting throughout the barking zone.
    I am not sure why this is happening, maybe someone more experienced can explain it :D

7. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

It is like you say. The Mercedes reacts quite strangely to high revs and braking. I never really liked this car and Monza is not exactly my most beloved track either. I just never liked this stop and go flow to it. Watching Monza on TV is quite fun, but driving (all cars) always feels super off to me, boring even. There is like 2 corners that are fun to drive.

In the meantime I added a Heusinkveld handbrake to my rig and replaced my Ascher USB plate with a wireless one. SO much better - jeez. Even though you might expect the difference to be small, it makes it feel so much more natural. Before the cable generated some kind of small resistance when turning and I always had to worry back in my head with fast turning I could rip the cable out - so a lot more worryfree now. Great update.

[​IMG]

8. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

Im not sure if one week is enough to find my confidence at Panorama lol. Only 5s slower than @SlowGrayAudi after two runs.

9. SlowGrayAudi

It took me a long time to get confident around panorama. At least the Bentley is forgiving to drive.

Turn 5 is flat (second right hander climbing up the mountain). I lift slightly into the left at the very top of the mountain (big gravel on right side). Dont lift completely. Keep the throttle at like 60-80% or you can swap the rear.

Im still not great at the final downhill left onto the back straight. I feel like i always brake too late and loose time down the straight.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  10. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

I would be pretty happy to be that close to one of SlowGrayAudi’s times. :)

11. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

I’ve had three goes so far and not managed a clean run...I get a 2:03 I’ll be very happy

12. SlowGrayAudi

Im gonna see if i can upload a replay. Not sure how to do it though.

Anyone done it in ACC?

Pretend racer likes this.
  13. SlowGrayAudi

Pretty bad sessions but got one lap in. Saved the replay but how do i export and upload it???

upload_2021-4-20_16-17-22.png

14. GoodGame.eXistenZ

You mean the replay itself or just the recorded video?

You can use Nvidia Shadowplay for that or grab yourself a freeware software. There are plenty.

15. SlowGrayAudi

I just figured out how to use nvidia shadowplay. Uploading to youtube now.

Its taking forever to process!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  16. SlowGrayAudi

Here's the video. I think it worked. Lap was just a 2:02.334 but its close enough to the 2:01.9 to be relevant i think.

1080p 60hz is processed, waiting on 4K to finish. Super slow

Hopefully it can give you guys some references. Not an amazing lap but decent enough i hope.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
  17. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    2:04.779
    XSX
    First shot and was aiming for within 5 seconds of Audi, managed under 3. I’m targeting a 2:03, that will be good result for me.
    upload_2021-4-21_12-22-52.jpeg

18. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    local_man1234
    2:02.271
    Ps4

PS_App_20210421_121846.jpeg

Still all over the place and the walls have strange gravity in them.

19. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Question for the ACC players? Are you liking the "beat the pro" format? Or would you prefer to revert to the old hot stint or hot lap? If you want to keep going with the beat the pro, feel free to send me a link to any on-boards you'd like to have a go at (we need to wait for British GT championship to be released on console before we can use any from that season).

Thanks

Mike

20. SlowGrayAudi

I like the beat the pro format much more than doing a 20+ min stint. Its a lot of time for people to invest. Often just leaving us to do have one or maybe two goes at it.

21. GoodGame.eXistenZ

AC 190E
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:58:624

Not a super clean lap, but then again I am always just happy to call it a day at Monza : )

[​IMG]

Video: