1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How to know if you're good or not? (Joining a league)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Gary Hamez, May 16, 2021.

1. Gary Hamez

Gary Hamez Rookie

Hi. I bought my G29 about 12 months ago. I have 170 hours on steam with ACC and really enjoying it. Only thing is the 20 min races are getting a bit 'samey' so to speak. So I am thinking of trying to join some sort of league. I watch a lot of ACC on youtube and 1 hour 2 hour races in different weather with pit stops looks fun!

But when I do watch them they are sooooooo much quicker than me. I get that they would be but am I even quick enough to join a lower tier league?. I have 170 hours on ACC and its my main racing game. A lot of that time will be watching replays etc but I do tend to have 2 or 3 races each night if I can. I have a hanfull of podiums. On SPA my best lap is a 2.19 (once, average is 2.20) and everyone else seems to be doing 2.16 2.17 2.18. And this is the track I play on most. Had one win and a couple of 2nd and 3rd's. But is that good enough to join a proper league as all these youtubers seem to have so much more fun.

Monza 1.49
    Imola 1.435

These are the only 3 tracks I tend to race in

I have attached my rating as I'm not sure if that will give an indication to where I am at. My pace is really low as you can see but I have been trying to get my SA up so been staying out of trouble.

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this seems a stupid post I'm just looking for some advice. I don't want to sign up for a league/competitive races and they be like ' What you doing here BOT you are 4 seconds off the pace.

Thanks again acc rating 15.05.png

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Ping: "You're the issue" indicator Jun 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting SA filter is not working, if you're know password Mar 30, 2020
    Console Lounge PC players - check which forum you're in before replying Jan 7, 2017
    Screens & Videos When you're Dressed as a Dog in an Online Lobby Apr 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room You're never too young to learn! Apr 22, 2015
    Chit Chat Room You're havin' a laugh! Mar 29, 2014
    Suggestions If you're thinking about implementing Steam cards: my suggestions Nov 18, 2013

3. Kennifer

Kennifer Rookie

Most leagues I've found are very welcoming to folks of all skill levels. Your rating is fine, and shows you are well accomplished in driving in ACC. Incidents will always happen, even amongst the top guys.

In short, there is always someone faster than you, and you will probably be faster when you learn from them. Jump in and give it a go!

Sent from my Nokia 5.4 using Tapatalk

4. Gary Hamez

Gary Hamez Rookie

Thanks for the great reply. I will give it a go. Will have a good Google to try and find some leagues.

Take Care.

5. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

https://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/aor-assetto-corsa-competizione-leagues.1612/
    There's over 500 drivers in that league, spread out over 10 tiers. Whatever your skill level is, you will most likely always have someone to race with.
    The season did already start tho, I believe they're at the 3rd round next week.

upload_2021-5-16_9-4-40.png
    Usually you will get to race, there's always people who can't make it.

6. [ATF]Shanti

[ATF]Shanti Simracer

m_box97 likes this.
  7. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

I second this. Judging on your laptimes you should absolutely fine in their AM split, it's a really good organisation and they offer really enjoyable races. Give it a try.
    I would also suggest to try their "looking for a team" section if you are interested in sharing the car with someone, I found some amazing people from all around the globe this way (try to find someone that has your same pace to keep it enjoyable).

8. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Gamer

Thanks for taking me back to the dawn of Internet sim racing when I read the lap times people were posting in GP2 and went "Whaaaat??? :eek:"

Leagues I have raced in won't give a toss how slow you are, just so long as you race clean :cool:

9. JanR

JanR Gamer

To not post too much off-topic I'll also answer here instead of in the driving technique thread ;)
    The league I race in is from an Italian group, Adrenalina Racing Project (link to discord; link to league info).

As most members of the group are from Italy almost all of the conversations over there are in Italian, but everyone is very open to people not speaking Italian and for the events (league, 4fun races) everything important will also be communicated in English.

The league races and some of the 4fun races have live race control and at least the league races are also streamed via twitch (commentary in Italian only).

10. Drathuu

Drathuu Gamer

Those times arent bad at all nothing to complain about that would put you mid field or front of field in most rookie leagues - and mid field in some mid tier leagues.. if you can hold them consistently

The other side with leagues is people can help you with setups, tweaks etc.. just jump in.. The rookie league running at the moment with 45 drivers have 2 second slower laptimes than you listed on average..

League is Aussie Run, however they do splits in North America and EU timezones aswell.

https://octaneonlineracing.com.au/

11. Gary Hamez

Gary Hamez Rookie

Thanks for the reply. Really encouraging what you said. Yeah I am quite consistent I will get 2.20 on most laps on spa for example unless in a battle and I play it safe. With setups something I need to look at. I just use aggressive setup and lower the 2 down to 1 and adjust fuel.
    I also just use the Aston Martin and the same 3 tracks so I think I might need to mix it up a bit with other tracks. I tried Barcalona last night and after some practice was doing 1.45 which seemed to be ok. Will check out the link now. Thanks again

12. Gary Hamez

Gary Hamez Rookie

Thanks for the reply will check that out now :)

13. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

You can join one of our current leagues as we have upgraded our server plan to hold 64 car slots doubling capacity. We have 3 different leagues, GT3 on Monday, GT3 Ultra Endurance on Thursday and today we run race 3 of our Mixed Grid British GT series. Join our discord and sign up through RaceApp.eu

14. Gary Hamez

Gary Hamez Rookie

That sounds great. I will sign up now. Thank you.

15. Gary Hamez

Gary Hamez Rookie

All signed up and was really easy to enter. I'm booked in for the 7.30pm tonight. Thanks again this one super easy. Buzzing!

De Breuk likes this.
  16. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

Qualifying starts in 1 hour and 45 minutes. Please check on how we do the mixed grid qualifying session. See you on track!

17. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

One important thing in most leagues is to actually show up once you are signed up. ;)

18. Gary Hamez

Gary Hamez Rookie

Gutted my wife got called into work. Was fuming. I did withdraw though with hour notice.

19. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer

Haha. No worries mate. More races to join in the future.

20. Gary Hamez

Gary Hamez Rookie

It says I got a DNS but I withdrew with over hour to go. Was about 30 mins after I registered. DNS.png

21. De Breuk

De Breuk Racer