1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 227 - Italian TT, and a German walks in a Park

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, May 22, 2021.

1. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Brake balance! Duh. I need to use that more in my tuning.

Thanks!

Pretend racer and local_man1234 like this.
  2. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:43.518
    PC

Found some more time to play. Moving the brake bias rearwards worked a treat.

Not a clean lap by any means, at least three tenths on the table. Looks like LocalMan is sweeping this one.

upload_2021-5-25_22-33-23.png

3. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

I noticed it will understeer like hell on the entry if letting the abs work too much

Pretend racer and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  4. SlowGrayAudi

Yeah it needs a deft touch on the brakes for sure.

Pretend racer likes this.
  5. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Can't tell you why they did that. I guess it is in real series like that too.

AC - TT
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:56:273

[​IMG]
    Video will follow

6. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    1:44.430
    XSX
    Tricky little motor, definitely needs ‘an approach’ to braking - happy with my first stint though, hoping to get in to the 43’s if I can get on again.

Attached Files:

7. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Hey guys, how are you? Sad news from @SlowGrayAudi , my best wishes for you and specially your friend's family.

I've been away for some weeks as my brother in law (who brought me into sim racing) called me to participate in a "F1 2020 weekly hotlap challenge". My free time is short, then I had to drop AC for a while.

My personal view is that AC is a much better simulator and I've been missing it. But the f1 game can provide some good fun also.

I tried the TT on AC possibly more than a year ago and I found it a pleasant car, I'll do my best to post a time this week.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

8. GoodGame.eXistenZ

9. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

10. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

ACC
    graveltrap
    1:43.131
    PC

[​IMG]

Oulton Park is one of my favourite places to be IRL or in a sim, so hard not to post a lap for this one ;) Hopefully I have got the settings correct, its been a while... Screenie is clickable, for the fullsize version

11. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-5-28_19-4-9.png
    Stock set-up save tyre pressures. I could not detect any effect of the P2P! In practice mode a light comes on on the dash... but no extra power. My times on Practice and Hotlap were virtually identical, one tenth in it. After all that effort @Pretend racer... the benefit has passed me by!:D
    Grippy car and it really holds it's line, but there's not much joy from the throttle and I'm not really a fan of Audis, except slow, gray ones. :)

12. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Difference is ~0.4 seconds with P2P enabled. The straight line speed is 5kmh higher. It is crucial that you do not enable it directly on the straight, but wait a bit instead. The Audi does not have a good top speed so it is important to push the last kmh out of it.

13. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:43:896
    PC

Did this earlier in the week but forgot to post!

ACC WHC Header.PNG

14. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    xb1

I like this car, a proper car for inexperienced sim drivers like me. It's not that fast and there's lots of grip to compensate my poor driving.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

15. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

F1415182235
    1:57.014 - X1
    [​IMG]
    So close to 56.9 :(
    Ideal pressure is 28 psi

16. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]

Final Standings

AC
    1. GoodGame.eXistenZ 1:56:273 PC
    2. F1415182235 1:57.014 - X1
    3. Andrei 1:57:038 PC
    4. pretend racer 1.57.522 pc
    5. local_man1234 1:57.569 Ps4
    6. Totall Wrytoff 2.01.096 PS4
    7. Rod100 2.01.449 xb1

ACC

1. local_man1234 1:42.657 Ps4
    2. graveltrap 1:43.131 PC
    3. SlowGrayAudi 1:43.518 PC
    4. Mike Reynolds 1:43:896 PC
    5. TinPeach 1:44.430 XSX
    6. Laughing Gravy 1.52.248 PS4

Congrats to @GoodGame.eXistenZ who figured out the TT's secret and nailed a WR and top spot this week. I'd like to point out that @F1415182235 and @Andrei228 posted nearly identical times but Andrei's time was less than a blink of eye slower. Thanks to everyone else who posted a time, hopefully the next whc wont have any unforeseen quirks.

Congrats to everyone in the ACC challenge you are all PRO's in my book and also by beating the Pro's lap time! @local_man1234 is the top man this week in ACC! Followed closely by @Graveltrap and @SlowGrayAudi.

local_man1234 and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  17. Thanks for the clarification @GoodGame.eXistenZ
    Far too subtle for my driving then. I don't think the P2P would help me P at all!:D