1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 228 - International Rotary and a Belgium GT

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, May 29, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the thread for the Weekly Hotlap Challenge #228

The Challenge:
    Hotlap
    Car: Mazda Rx7
    Track: Silverstone International

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crank up that negative camber and rail this little rocket around Silverstone International like you mean it! The excellent rotary engine provides a unique driving experience that is compelling and quick without requiring advanced driving skills to master. Silverstone international is quick lap thats got a couple of ‘hero’ corners that are impressive to try and take full out in VR, I’m not sure if I would be half as brave IRL. Either way it only takes a few laps to figure out this layout and nail a respectable laptime.

RSR WR 1,15,200

Ideal PSI - 33 for semi slicks, 39 for the other tires.

To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the and the Silverstone International circuit. Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free

Deadline: Sunday June 6 2020.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used!

Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:

Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

A leader board is collated regularly. Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

No "beat the pro" this week as I didn't have time to scour YouTube for a suitable target, but we'll stick with the same format anyway, 10m hotstint for a single timed lap.

Over to Belgium, to take on the Chicanes of Zolder in the fabulous (if a little uncompetitive) Honda NSX EVO.

Season 2019

1. Car: Honda NSX GT3 EVO
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for a fastest single lap time
    3. Time of day: 17:00
    4. Track: Zolder
    5. Weather type eg: Cloudy
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

This car sticks really well until it doesn't lol. Once it starts sliding its fairly easy to control but it scrubs off so much time! I ended up having to crank up the negative camber and all the positive toe. Once you set fuel, and tire psi, there's not much else to adjust. Just concentrate on being smoother than you think you already are.

4. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

I didn't look at the thread last week. Really sorry SlowGrayAudi. We're all with you. All the best

5. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Great car - surely the definition of a classic sports car - light and superb handling.

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    1:14:287

[​IMG]

Video

6. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    local_man1234
    1:30.507
    Ps4

PS_App_20210531_103736.jpeg

7. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Thanks Emmanuel. No worries.

Funeral ceremony is this Saturday so we're flying to Colorado Springs Friday and staying through Sunday.

8. local_man1234

Improvement
    ACC
    local_man1234
    1:29.772
    Ps4

PS_App_20210601_061313.jpeg

9. local_man1234

AC
    local_man1234
    1:15.851
    Ps4

PS_App_20210601_031951.jpeg

10. SlowGrayAudi

Trying to get rhe rig set up in the house today. Have to make some wood brackets to mount the tv on the wall.

Going to downsize from a 65" to a 55".

But it will be right behind my wheel base, as opposed to 8 feet away and 5 feet in the air. So it should be much more immersive!

11. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    1:31.674
    XSX
    First crack at this in an unfamiliar car. Took a few laps to get used to it - 35 down to a 31 - and give myself a good starting point.

Attached Files:

12. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:30:495
    PC

ACC WHC Header.PNG

13. SlowGrayAudi

Got the rig set up in the basement. Haven't gotten to play yet. Hopefully tomorrow before i fly out to Colorado.

55" TCL 6 series. The 65" is going in the living room. Same exact tv just different sizes.

20210602_132350.jpg 20210602_132405.jpg

14. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:30.114
    PC

Very oversteery on corner entry. Need to tame that a bit with setup. Also tire pressures were a little high so i can do better.

Best lap was invalid at the second chicane.

upload_2021-6-4_8-28-17.png

Pretend racer and Laughing Gravy like this.
  15. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:29.211
    PC

Got my pressures to 27.5psi all around. Lowered the rear by 2mm, added 2 clicks rear camber. Brake bias 57%

Much more stable on corner entry.

upload_2021-6-4_8-44-18.png

16. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-6-4_19-54-30.png
    Great combi @Pretend racer
    Seconds left on the table, I'm posting my warm up laps in appreciation....;):D

17. SlowGrayAudi

I was surprised to find the NSX EVO actually had a pointy front end!

I dont think ive ever had to dial OUT the oversteer before!

Thd car is nice to drive, even with fairly stiff springs on such a bumpy track.

Great combo!

Totall Wrytoff and Pretend racer like this.
  18. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Peggy11
    1:17:862
    PC

RX7 Hotlap.png

A sedate lap to start with, I think there's a few more tenths to be had. I'll try and find them :D

19. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Peggy11
    1:17:411
    PC

RX7 Hotlap.png

That's as quick as I'm gonna go :)

20. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Peggy11
    1:30:639
    PC

NSX Evo Hotstint.png

I need to get the tyre pressures spot on and reduce fuel a smidge then hopefully I can get a low 1:30

21. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

That is proper DIY :):) You just need to expand the wooden frame so it can fit your chair so it does not move around :)

I just upgraded something too. From RTX 3080 to 3080 Ti and from 32:9 monitor to 3x32 monitor :D. Will post results here.
    [​IMG]