1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #232

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the thread for the Weekly Hotlap Challenge #232

The Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Ferrari 488 GTB
    Track: Nurburgring GP/GT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ferrari 488 GTB - what a car! Luckily, AC allows for all of us to live vicariously through those select few people who have one of these babies parked in their garage. The performance of this car is a little eye opening, especially when you realize the motor overpowers the brakes by more than the ‘normal’ amount of a typical streetcar. Better get a few laps of practice in to dial in those braking markers. Nurburgring GP/GT is a great track to explore the limits of the 488, high speed sweepers, tight slow speed corners, and a tight chicane that will determine your hero status.

RSR WR - 2.04.256 by Goodgame

Ideal PSI - 32 front, 33 rear.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Here's this week's challenge, in honor of Tin Peach and his new 488 Ferrari!

Season 2020
    1. Car: Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for a fastest single lap time:
    3. Time of day: 09:00
    4. Track: Spa
    5. Weather type eg: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Didn't see that coming. Brilliant

4. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:19.950
    PC

Took a while to get tire pressures in the window. Dropped wing to 9. Setup will need some tweaks but i need more seat time in the Ferrari.

I've never been great at Spa.

upload_2021-6-26_20-36-48.png

5. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:19.485
    PC

Rear bar 5, front springs 1 click softer.

upload_2021-6-26_21-41-39.png

6. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:19.290
    PC

Front bar 30, Rear bar 10, rear springs 1 click firmer. Diff 180, rear fast rebound 1 click stiffer

upload_2021-6-26_22-1-30.png

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  7. SlowGrayAudi

Recorded the replay, I'm not great at Spa so I probably wont improve too much on this time if at all.

2:19.290

8. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    2:03:870

The car is clearly not made to be driven without TC. Great chassis, but tyres spin super easily.
    Btw. my Simlab Vario mounts are shipped. This coming week I can finally finalize my rig. : )

[​IMG]

Video:

9. SlowGrayAudi

AC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:08.702
    PC

I am the worst at this damn game. Still feels very floaty to me when playing this vs ACC.

Are you guys using content manager? I want to get some mods but i have no idea how to do it. I got content manager installed but that's it.

upload_2021-6-27_14-51-44.png

10. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

I'm not sure if this is the correct way to install mods in CM but this is how I do it.

Copy the url of the mod you want
    open cm
    go to content tab thats located in the top right
    go to assetto corsa mods tab on the left top
    paste the url of the mod you want in the address bar
    then click the arrow that points to the right to go to the webpage
    download the mod from the webpage
    to install the mod, click the drop down box that's beside the minimize window button
    follow the prompts that will appear in the downloads section.

upload_2021-6-28_9-2-33.png

Totall Wrytoff and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  11. SlowGrayAudi

Thanks! Ill try this tomorrow when i get home.

Pretend racer likes this.
  12. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Content Manager is one of the best things that ever happened to AC. Once you get used to it you do not want to miss it anymore :)

Pretend racer and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  13. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

14. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    Xb1[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

15. SlowGrayAudi

Got a bunch of cars and tracks downloaded, as well as the sol patch. Its crazy how many mods there are for this game!

16. White Tusk

White Tusk Rookie

AC
    WhiteTusk
    PC
    2:07:989

upload_2021-6-30_16-4-37.png

Hello everybody, new entry here. Managed to do a 2:07:947 but didn't take the screenshot. Really cant' get lower than this

17. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

First Ciao White Tusk.. welcome to WHC. Nice as I tried last night and struggled to get to 2.07. I've tried TC off but... first half of the track I just can't handle it. So what I did was to put toe front and back to 0 and it feels like TC off! The rear rotate at corner exit when I put the gaz and makes a huge difference.
    Don't know if I'll have an other go and I leave for my holidays on Saturday for 2 weeks so no AC for me but sure I'll have an eye on you...

Attached Files:

18. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    local_man1234
    2:05.811
    Ps4

PS_App_20210630_064134.jpeg

19. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

20. White Tusk

White Tusk Rookie

AC
    WhiteTusk
    2:06:844
    PC

upload_2021-6-30_22-42-54.png

Second attempt lowring front toe to the minimum to make it more stable at high speeds (effective toe 0.2 front, 0.04 rear), adjusted f/r camber to have little more grip and focused on being smooth with throttle input and trail braking. For sure still some time to find through setup but quite pleased with this result

Now time to come back to ACC after a long time

21. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-6-30_21-46-38.png

Welcome to the WHC @White Tusk ! Great lap time!

I need to find a new route around this track. My current line seems to be a few seconds longer.:D
    I hope you're having fun in yours @TinPeach, have you used full throttle yet?:D:D:D:cool: