1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dynamic Weather Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MsportDAN, Apr 4, 2019.

1. brad_co

brad_co Gamer

While this is an impressive piece of software it is not unlike other software that is available. As per a question previously posted here can you explain how it will define starting conditions for every single day of a race weekend? What this software appears to do is utilise the weather matrix rain, cloud and randomness settings and provides an easy way to see what these settings 'should' produce. Unless I am missing something it doesn't improve the weather modelling for the game. Certainly doesn't appear to give you options to change starting conditions of every single day of a race weekend or for each session.

Not to take anything away from the hard work that has been put in to produce this program, its well laid out, easy to use and should help some people in creating server configuration files.

2. Af far as I remember, it was possible to set the starting conditions for each session.
    Is it no longer possible?

3. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

The "real weather" option in the championships always gives a 100% warm and clear dry race, not dynamic at all.
    Even setting it to custom weather and using the dynamic weather as ON and random weather as ON gives the same dry warm races all the time.

Broken weather system, broken dynamic weather option and broken random weather option in single player at least.

4. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

No idea what you're talking about, this is Monza 2019 championship with real weather setting, where it's supposed to have a high-ish chance of rain, and it does:

upload_2021-5-12_11-2-14.png

Enabling dynamic weather in itself in custom mode will not guarantee variable weather unless you increase the variability above 50% and add some cloud, or keep the variability lower but add some rain to begin with.

Nothing is broken.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  5. earlyapex

"Enabling dynamic weather in itself in custom mode will not guarantee variable weather unless you increase the variability above 50% and add some cloud, or keep the variability lower but add some rain to begin with."

This may be it, in using the "random weather" option, it may be setting the variability and clouds too low for any chance of weather change to happen, but this is not visible to the player as they get blacked out.
    And so it plays out that each race is clear and warm due to low clouds.
    Perhaps it is not the variability but more how the randomness of the "random weather" option is not selecting a high enough clouds and wind setting to really be considered random?

6. pankykapus

Literally first try with random enabled:
    upload_2021-5-12_16-26-29.png

But yeah, there is a moderate bias towards dry so it's not just various shades of rain.

7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

What variability do you recommend with random enabled pankykapus?

8. pankykapus

I'd start with 60%. Generally speaking the high range is now a lot more usable since the last round of weather model updates with checks preventing the high likelihood of extremes, so don't be afraid to use it.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  9. Zenzenzic

Zenzenzic Gamer

Any tips on what weather settings to use to have the most chance of improving weather conditions when starting off with rain? With variability set to say 40, I get some variety, but rarely transitions to dry. With variability set to 100, I do get dry weather predictions, but there's also a larger chance of having really bad weather.

Is there maybe something like the simracerWeatherConditions parameter but for single player? Or does anyone have any pointers on how the sineCoefficients work in the savegame files? I've played around with those, but I can't figure out how those 14 values correspond to time slots, if at all.

10. earlyapex

Thanks for the fix on ambient never changing with "random weather"

pankykapus likes this.
  11. earlyapex

Doing the 2018 endurance championship on full length races again with "real" weather.
    Every session has been dry and blazing sun including the whole 24hrs of spa.
    One race left @ Barcelona now and yes, it's a sunny blue sky and hot tarmac again.
    Not a single drop of rain in the entire 2018 season set to real weather?

12. Niko31

Niko31 Gamer

Yes, if I remember well when I did the full 2018 season, the only one with rain was Misano. And it's a sprint race...

13. BartZie

BartZie Gamer

I am sorry if this is a stupid question or if it was asked before but what if the difference between random weather with variability % and dynamic weather?

14. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

Variability defines how dynamic the weather is, how much it is changing based on the basic parameters you set, cloud cover, precipitation and ambient temperature. If you enable random weather, you don't set those parameters and they are randomized as well.

15. ThYbOt

ThYbOt Rookie

Hi there !

Does the isFixedConditionQualification property works also for the track grip under rainy conditions ?
    I mean, does the grip stay the same with 1 car or 20 on the track ?
    As with many cars, a dry line usually builds up, does this dry line doesn't affect grip level if isFixedConditionQualification is active ?