1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

2. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Its very impressive looking back to see how somehow this game is the most popular it has ever been now. Im pretty sure it came out on steam 8 years ago. Randomly buying what I thought would be a granturismo sort of racer turned out to be something I'd put over 1000 hours in over the next couple of years. Some of my fondest memories came from this game, I nearly got a job because of this game and made friends that I talk to every single day for years because of this. Best £15 I've ever spent.

3. I am rapidly approaching 4500 hours in AC, and that includes two years (May 2018-May 2020) when I packed my wheel away, and did not play the game at all! That May 2020 revival occurred when I was still recovering from a broken left hip (which forced me to use the paddle shifters because I could not use my left leg to control the clutch pedal). I have been using those paddle shifters ever since :) Well, it makes cars like the Lamborghini Miura so much more enjoyable to drive ;)

Rolz likes this.
  4. Rolz

Rolz Alien

that a good set of hours!! :eek::cool:

5. To be honest, I have no idea how I managed to clock up so many hours, even though I purchased AC way back in July 2014. However, I can definitely say that I have got my money's worth out of it!!

Rolz likes this.
  6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Like you, I have been in AC since the very beginning and I have 1000 more hours than you clocked in Steam. But unlike you, I know how I managed.
    If I am home, I will be in AC daily, still today, I drive in AC more than all of my other SIM put together. How could I not to?

Today I already spent an hour at Bremgarten, racing 1950's F1, wonderful SIM experience, thank you so very much @Fat-Alfie.

With all the toppings, including the great rain and weather, AC is more actual and relevant than ever, truly deserve the GOAT title, as others do some thing well, but AC overall is just so much more.

Looking forward for the next 5,000 hours.

Christopher Low and Rolz like this.
  7. I would be racing online a lot more if there were more populated road car servers. Frankly, I find the lack of interest in racing road cars to be one of the greatest mysteries of the computer age. There are so many great road cars to drive/race in AC, and the vast majority of them are far more enjoyable to drive than the modern race cars that I see scattered across the lobby. Where are the BMW 1M servers? Ferrari 458 Italia? Lamborghini Countach? Porsche 718 Boxster? Nissan 370Z Nismo? Lotus Elise? The latter is probably the most surprising omission of all of them, as the standard Lotus Elise is not exactly a difficult car to drive. So why do we always get the Toyota GT86? Even the BMW M3 E30 servers seem to have vanished.

Since I returned to AC earlier this year, I have only raced two or three different cars. I tried the BMW M3 E30 GrpA 92 for a while, but I got bored of that. I have raced the Toyota GT86 recently, which is OK. However, there are so many road cars available that are more exciting to race than the GT86! Why do we have to stick with the safe option all the time? There are times when I wonder if the vast majority of AC users simply do not know how enjoyable the road cars are to race, or that they assume that road cars can only be driven at Nordschleife track days, or taken for a Sunday drive through LA Canyons.

Someone please enlighten me here, because I am struggling to understand o_O

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    Cote Dazur likes this.
  8. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Hence why I'm in ACC only these days... MP in AC seems to be mostly drift...
    My FTW servers are reasonably popular with MX5 and Laguna Seca... but happy to be given an alternative combo to load up.

9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I wish I had an explanation, I am not much of an online guy, 99% offline these days, back in the days I was more into offline, but gave up for the same reason I gave up tennis. In offline you are too dependent on who is available to play with ( or against, depending on your personality, I play with people), hard to find players wanting to drive the same combo, hard to find people with similar skills, like tennis, playing against too strong or too weak is not so much fun.
    We are always promise ( in all the sims) a system that would place us with similar skill drivers, but so far none is fulfilling the promise. (please, anyone, don't even dare mentioning IRacing!)
    Every one end up in the same type of server with the usual 3 or 4 alien, driving the same cars and that is why I plan to enjoy my next 5000 AC hours offline.:D

Whitestar and Christopher Low like this.
  10. A lot of my driving in AC is done offline, but solo practice gets boring after a few laps in the same car. I am always jumping from track to track using a select group of cars to try and keep the motivation up, but it does not compare to the excitement of racing a full grid of real world drivers in cars that I like to drive. Racing the AI is pointless, because they are far too predictable.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  11. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I can understand that some people feel that way, but it is not pointless to me. I am lucky, I guess, to be able to enjoy AI in most SIM. In AC, with experience, I set them in way that I can have races interesting to me.
    To me AI racing is closer to real racing than racing against other SIM racer. Yes they are not artificial, but they often compare poorly on the account of intelligence to artificial intelligence. SIM racer exploit the SIM, take risk they would not IRL, and I am not just talking about the one who want to win the race in T1.
    Too each their own, as long as we all enjoy what we are doing.:)

Whitestar and Christopher Low like this.
  12. That is a fair point. We have probably all experienced the "T1 heroes" demonstrating their unique talents online, so offline AI is most certainly an advantage in that department!

Cote Dazur likes this.
  13. Rolz

Rolz Alien

5000hrs and mostly offline... wow just wow...
    I'm about 2500hrs AC and 1000hrs ACC... 99% online... I know everyone is different, but I've made some super friendships and was able to get to know the odd alien too and was able to learn stuff off them...

Don't you fear being skill locked or not progressing your racecraft due to being offline not being able to race drivers that challenge you?

I totally respect the reasons u mentioned above, and I know you well form here... your feedback on the game and info on it as been super valuable for me at times...
    Just curious that's all :)

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Oh, I know … :D

15. I really miss your Streetfight server, Berniyh. Those were the golden days of online racing in Assetto Corsa. How I would love to race those cars again.....

16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Why not race those cars again? AC is still perfectly fine…

17. How many populated road car servers have you seen online over the past four years? That is my point. Nobody seems to want to race any road cars apart from the Toyota GT86 (and maybe the BMW M3 E30 now and again).

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well, I tried, but interest was pretty low.

19. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Excellent question, that illustrate so well the many different motivations we have as individual to immerse ourself in a racing simulator. My race craft and skills are totally adequate for my usage of simulators, totally adapted to the AI racers challenging me. I am at a stage in life where I enjoy doing what I like doing, not in a quest for improve performance.
    I wish you success and happiness in your journey toward competitive sim racing mastery, lots of victories, money, since money is a thing now with esport, may your progress never end.

Rolz likes this.
  20. A grey Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio was parked in the car park across from my house for almost a week recently. I noticed this morning that it has now gone. It was the same colour as the car that I drive in Assetto Corsa :cool:

Rolz likes this.