1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #235

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the thread for the Weekly Hotlap Challenge #235

The Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Mazda Miata NA
    Track: Monza 66 Junior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This little car is almost hilariously bad at being a sports car. The second you smash the brakes for the first time and you actually see how much the suspension travels it will be hard to convince yourself that you’re not driving a 4x4 truck. If you had a passenger, the body lean might be enough to hurl them out the window on left handers if they weren’t seat belted, if not, they’d probably just get sea sick and hurl themselves out anyways lol. Thankfully, Monza 66 Jr is a short track with only a few corners to concentrate on, so it should be easier to keep your lunch down. The slow speed and the large amount of suspension travel should allow you to concentrate on being smooth and fast. If you’re not smooth you’ll certainly feel the car reacting badly.

Ideal PSI - 34

RSR WR - 1.07.113

How to take part - Hot lap:

To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the Mazda Miata NA and the Monza 66 Jr. Circuit. Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: Monza 66 Junior
    Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free

Deadline: Sunday July 18th 2021 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used!

Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:

Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Season 2018
    1. Car: Reiter Engineering R-EX GT3
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for a fastest single lap time:
    3. Time of day: 15:00
    4. Track: Laguna Seca
    5. Weather type eg: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

4. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Mustang 500
    D4E4506A-08D5-44F7-89BB-EDD9DAC2106E.jpeg
    Have not been doing this as often but I like the Miata because it has a lot of personality. Decided to give it a quick go already close to my limit with very little to improve on besides possibly setup.

5. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

The last time I tried this combo was back in 2017 and I got a 107.9. I'm getting pretty good at actually tuning cars for myself rather than relying on tunes downloaded from the setup market. I also think I have gotten better as a driver too, so in the end I improved about a second overall. Streetcars almost always seem to benefit from max neg camber, and since this is such a low powered car I put the toe at 0 to help out with the "top speed" lol.

Attached Files:

6. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:25.125
    PC

Not a fan of this car at all. What a turd. Turns worse than the semi I drive at work. Needed lots of tweaks. diff 100,rear bar 4, softer dampers all around. lots of caster, more toe, etc

Front end feels dead. Terrible to drive.

upload_2021-7-20_4-9-7.png

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  7. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

I’ve still not managed to complete a lap without understeering in to the nearest advertising hoarding! 1:25 looks incredible to me.

8. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

I tried on the weekend my brother-in-law's PC. What a difference! It's night and day comparison. As a result, yesterday I was quoting a PC. Biggest difference was ACC, on Xbox I can't make a single corner right, but on the PC it handles so well, I could feel the car and push it near my capabilities.

Just wanted to share that with you guys.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

9. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Totally agree.

Once I’ve setup the space and cockpit etc., I’ll be investing in a PC and retiring my Series X to just ‘other’ gaming needs.

10. SlowGrayAudi

Yeah it took some work. Luckily i hot lapped Laguna not too long ago when my friend came over ot try the rig out.

Lowering the diff helps the rear rotate. Im still gonna have to tweak it a lot. Its just seems overpower almost for how poorly it handles. Its odd for sure.

If i improve ill post a video

11. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    1:27.240
    XSX
    This was my first blast round from this morning - 26’s should be achievable, 25’s, not so sure.

Sorry, looking through the grabs on my iPad, this one was slightly quicker. Will try and have another bash tonight.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  12. SlowGrayAudi

I fid a few runs but couldn't quite match my time. I got another 25.1 but ill try again later and do a video with setup.

Mustang 500, Peggy11 and TinPeach like this.
  13. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:27:126
    PC

Yep...that's a horrible car (gotta use them all though)....my best sectors take me to a mid 26, but SGA's time looks a looooong way ahead!

ACC WHC Header.PNG

14. SlowGrayAudi

When i first drove it i was like "why doesn't it turn!!!"

Mustang 500, Peggy11 and TinPeach like this.
  15. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Local_man1234
    1:25.524
    Ps4

PS_App_20210721_071032.jpeg

16. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    1:27.078
    XSX
    Had two runs last night, this was the best - apart from the huge crash after lap 5. Will attempt again today, hopefully, to get into the 26’s.

Attached Files:

17. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:25.017
    PC

Could've been better but i hate this car. Im sure the setup could be better but its more of chore to drive unfortunately.

Here's my setup if any one wants a go. By no means great but its as far as i got. TC 3 ABS 2, pad 1

upload_2021-7-21_11-18-30.png

upload_2021-7-21_11-18-48.png

upload_2021-7-21_11-19-5.png

upload_2021-7-21_11-19-18.png

upload_2021-7-21_11-19-29.png

Attached Files:

18. SlowGrayAudi

Video is uploading

1:25.017

19. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Peggy11
    1:26:802
    PC

Reiter Laguna Seca.png

First and last attempt at this one, I can probably go a bit quicker but I can't bear to drive another lap in this thing, it's horrible! :p

I'd had enough on lap 6 so parked it by the start/finish line until the clock ran down then trickled over the line to end it.

20. SlowGrayAudi

Seems to be the consensus this week lol.

21. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    local_man1234
    1:07.443
    Ps4

PS_App_20210724_022406.jpeg