1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #236

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the thread for the Weekly Hotlap Challenge #236

The Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Praga R1
    Track: Spa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I’m sure most of you have heard of Jimmy Broadbent - shed racer. Well, he’s upgraded his virtual Praga R1 for the real thing. Simracing is all about living vicariously through other people, this week we’ll step into Jimmy’s shoes. His has lived the sim racing fairy tale. The latest race was held at Silverstone. We have been there recently so I figured no one would complain if we raced at Spa instead!

RSR WR 2.21.967
    Ideal psi 28

How to take part - Hot lap:

To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the Praga R1 and the Spa Circuit. Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: Spa
    Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free

Deadline: Sunday July 25th 2021 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used!

Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:

Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Season GT4

1. Car: Porsche 718 Cayman GT4
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for total laps/time:
    3. Time of day: 15:00
    4. Track: Oulton Park
    5. Weather type eg: Custom
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: 50%
    8. Ave Temp: 25 degrees
    9. Grip level: Green
    10. Wetness: 30%
    11. Standing water 10%

The last of GT4's to be used, but one of the most fun IMO, throw in the aftermath of a British summer downpour and the bumpy narrow Oulton Park and you (hopefully) have the makings of a great challenge!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Hey guys, the next 3 weeks I will be racing this
    [​IMG]
    here instead of Assetto Corsa.
    [​IMG]

See you soon and enjoy the hotlapping.

: )

4. Pretend racer

Is that your rental while on vacation? :p:D
    Send us a postcard!

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  5. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Yes - pedal to the metal!!!

6. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    6Laps 11:02:031
    PC

ACC WHC Header.PNG

ACC WHC Header2.PNG

Attached Files:

7. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    local_man1234
    11:01.740
    Ps4

PS_App_20210725_011119.jpeg PS_App_20210725_011123.jpeg

8. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

What a coincidence!

August 29th i leave for Phuket on vacation.

43f6ca35-56e4-4ef9-8984-b89a9526d2bf.jpg

Totall Wrytoff and Pretend racer like this.
  9. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-7-25_23-8-15.png
    This is excellent after the Mazda!:) The time is no doubt slow, it is a Sunday drive, I haven't even done the tyre pressures but it felt good.

Interesting to see the holiday choices above..... I am not going tropical, but I will have plenty of horsepower.:D

10. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

Had never driven this car, I thought it had more power, but has lots of grip. The rear gets unstable if you attack too much the taller curbs, at least on standard setup.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

11. Pretend racer

pretend racer
    2.26.668 - Typo lol, thanks for keeping me honest!
    2.22.668 - correct lap time
    pc
    [​IMG]

This car sticks really well until it doesn't. When it lets go its pretty snappy and hard to catch. I started with the stock setup and then just tried to get the aero as low as possible. After that I got the gearing sorted. Then I worked on the camber and toe using the Camber Extravaganza app. Once I had that set, I fiddled with the arb's and spring rates, to dial in the amount of slip I wanted. I needed to lower the diff power to get rid of some of the understeer while acclerating. I also lowered the whole car for better aero. Turns out I ended up getting the best first sector on RSR. But my second sector is pretty slow compared to everyone else who has similar laptimes to me on rsr. I tried a couple of laps with the aero turned up a bit but it just slowed me down all over the track instead of letting me go faster in the second sector.

Attached Files:

• whc.ini
      File size:
      1.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  12. Pretend racer

I found this lap guide done by Riley Gallardo for the SRS Fixed series (default setup except for brake bias and pressure). It might help some people out...

13. SlowGrayAudi

AC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:25.718
    PC

Tricky car with the sudden snaps. Difficult to catch like someone above mentioned. Had to tweak the setup a little. Lots more time in it, just did a few laps since I haven played in days. Been itching!!

upload_2021-7-27_3-23-19.png

Pretend racer and Rod100 like this.
  14. SlowGrayAudi

2:22.668

Don't cut yourself short sir

Totall Wrytoff and Pretend racer like this.
  15. Pretend racer

Hahaha oops! Good eyes sir. I guess I just naturally typed 666 without realizing it...;)

Totall Wrytoff and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  16. SlowGrayAudi

Can't blame you :D

Pretend racer and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  17. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

AC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:24.598
    PC

Less DF, Lower height

upload_2021-7-28_0-6-6.png

Pretend racer and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  18. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    10:56.712
    PC
    6 laps

Best lap 1:48.216

Wet tires

I'm here for the party. Car handles well, but tires are getting hot the last two laps. Had to incuse a lot more oversteer with the setup.

upload_2021-7-28_13-36-45.png

upload_2021-7-28_13-37-18.png

19. SlowGrayAudi

improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    10:53.835
    PC
    6 Laps

Best lap was a 1:48.054

Apparently i enjoy the wet conditions

More rear height, more front ducts. Better driving.

upload_2021-7-28_13-54-46.png

upload_2021-7-28_14-8-29.png

Attached Files:

20. I have been feeling very good all week, only 1.6 secs off @Pretend racer around Spa, on my warm up laps!!

Not so!:D:D:D:rolleyes:

Rod100 and Pretend racer like this.
  21. SlowGrayAudi

Right lol! I took a double take when i saw the name and the time. "this can't be right?"

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021