1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Guide to Graphics Settings and Performance in ACC

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Ogvai, Oct 25, 2019.

1. What are the best settings to reduce if you want to free up the CPU a bit? Virtual mirrors and view distance? Anything else?

2. Number of opponents + visual cars

3. rycil

rycil Simracer

The biggest impact is the Mirrors. I play Mirror off to maintain 80fps in VR. Otherwise, not possible. So I learnt to drive with the radar.

4. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Now with version 1.6 you can adjust the mirror performance impact. you may set it to 1/3 fps:

AC2-Win64-Shipping_2020_11_18_22_07_43_351.jpg

chksix likes this.
  5. Superbacalhau

Superbacalhau Rookie

As anyone noticed any FPS improvement with the release of the 1.6 ?

6. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

Absolutely, the new Mirror Framerate Limiter settings is pretty nice, using 1/2 I had a significant bump in frame rate, both captures were made with same replay file from the same time stamp for 3 minutes.

upload_2020-11-19_20-36-31.png

Using 1/2 for the mirror frame rate is pretty nice in VR too, the mirror frame rate difference is hard to notice while driving. Haven't tried other settings yet.

Attached Files:

7. magictap

magictap Rookie

Hi, looking for some help/advice please. HP Reverb G2 keeps crashing to blue screen when playing or trying to play ACC. Even on VR Low settings. Able to run other sims no problem ;O( i7 10700k 16gb ram rtx 3080 10gb. Very frustrating.

8. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

BSOD are often driver or hardware related (unstable OC e.g.) you should have some messages in the windows event log giving you an indication on where to look at.

9. magictap

magictap Rookie

10. ARGT2RS

ARGT2RS Gamer

Stains likes this.
  11. magictap

magictap Rookie

Thanks also @ARGT2RS event info = loads of errors going over my head!! Will check this also. Learning this evening!

12. magictap

magictap Rookie

Thanks for your help chaps.....this led me to the Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools > reliability monitor: which has a few things I will try first. Get rid of some programs I don't need and refresh windows install, then reset bios and updated to latest beta and go from there.

AndyK70 and seb 6th gear like this.
  13. PostBox981

PostBox981 Gamer

Hi guys,

sorry for posting in an old thread but I think my question isn´t worth a new one. Have been searching but there are so many threads about setting up your graphics that I don´t know where to start reading.

I just wonder whether there is a famous or recommended test scene that gives my computer the hardest time in the sim. I think about using that scene to bring my GPU to some 90 or 95% of gpu-load. That shoud ensure that I will always stay below the limit without any worries and on the other side max my settings out to the best quality I can get.

So if there are any scenes that most likely give me the highest gpu load, please let me know. Track, car, time of day, weather, number of opponents (without getting cpu limitations), all stuff like that. Any hints appreciated, thanks.

14. Stains

Stains Simracer

I only really know a CPU loaded part which in Nuringburg first corner, kills the CPU massive in my experience.

PostBox981 likes this.
  15. PostBox981

PostBox981 Gamer

That doesn´t help me much with my graphics settings, but thank you anyway. ;)

I asked this question as from my experience ACC is way less sensitive with weather and darkness than PC2 is, which with rain and/or dusk really brings my GPU to its knees. So in ACC I have no idea really what to look for.

16. Your goal is to go 100% gpu? You have ice as cooling XD

17. PostBox981

PostBox981 Gamer

:cool:

In order to get the most quality out of it, my goal is to go 95% in worst case scenarios, whatever load that gives me under "normal" conditions. From what I saw so far, this would probably give me some 70-75°C gpu temp, dependent on room temp of course. ;)

18. PostBox981

PostBox981 Gamer

Without investing too much time in it I tinkered about on my own a little. Seems like dusk and dawn are giving the hardest time. So I set up a scene at dusk with a few clouds and some water on the track (8 pm at Spa IIRC) and so I ran into the GPU limit for about 50% of the time, though "normally" I am between 60 and 70%. Still acceptable if it only happens occasionally. I will leave my settings as they are, think this is pretty okay that way.