1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Where can I find a guide to the multiplayer server listings?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Colechops, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Colechops

Colechops Rookie

Can someone please tell me where to find a guide to the multiplayer server list? I'm using PC if that makes a difference.

In other words, when I look at the list of public multiplayer servers, how can I find out information like the times when practice, qualifying and racing will take place? When the list says "Q 2'/ 15'", it's probably something to do with qualifying, but what exactly does it mean? What is the funny looking little orange bar chart that appears on some listings (these are the kinds of things I'd like to kn0w)

Some stuff is pretty self explanatory, like "requirements: SA 50" seems to mean I need safety rating 50+ to join, but a load of other stuff isn't explained for folks new to ACC multiplayer (like me). I've tried searching on Google and in these forums, but I can't find anything that explains how to interpret the listings or how to know what time a race is due to start - is someone able to direct me to a useful resource?

I want to ease myself into multiplayer online racing in a friendly, respectful way, so I'd like to have a pretty good idea of what's going on before joining a race.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Where can I find all the versions? Mar 16, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Where do you find the the driver assist settings? Jan 31, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Where to find dash cam driver eyes values May 7, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Where do I find the logs? Dec 16, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Blancpain regulation, where do I find them? Sep 4, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Where to find patch dates & notes? Sep 20, 2018
    Console Lounge Where can i find patches to down load h Apr 27, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Where can i find my online rating? Jul 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Where to find old games (which now are free to download) / no dos game May 2, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres QUESTION... Where to find 488gtb gear ratios? Sep 28, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Where can I find my own records? Aug 31, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Where to find car skin template? Jul 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Where can i find the support forum? Oct 17, 2015
    3D car models Where can i find the bmw m4 gtm car Aug 10, 2015
    General modding discussion Original (generic) mods - where to find them? Apr 27, 2015

3. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

"Q 2'/ 15'" - Qali is 15 minutes long, it's in progress and it has been running for two minutes already (13 minutes left + waiting time). It's the same thing with the race session.

Orange bar - weather randomness, or something like that. Higher bar - higher chance for challenging weather, like rain.

4. Colechops

Colechops Rookie

If it hasn’t already started, how can I tell when the whole session is due to start? I can’t see anything in the listings - what am I missing?

5. Colechops

Colechops Rookie

And is there somewhere that actually explains all of this? There aren’t even any tooltips – I would have thought there’s some explanation somewhere.

6. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

There is no countdown to next sessions on servers list.

Just look at time left in previous session. You can also add one or two minutes of waiting time... or more, it depends on server settings.

7. Colechops

Colechops Rookie

I guess I’ll find out more of how it works by just jumping in and having a go.

8. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

9. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

10. Colechops

Colechops Rookie

Thanks for the replies – I guess where Kunos leave some stuff unexplained, the community provides the help that’s needed :)

I’ll check out those links.

> it's pretty self explanatory

I reckon it’s self explanatory if you’re already familiar with it. What the cloud with rain icon means – I think I can work that out easily; “Q 2’/12’” needs a little more help ;)

11. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

upload_2021-8-2_18-28-38.png

Lobby name:
    upload_2021-8-2_18-28-59.png

Sessions:
    upload_2021-8-2_18-29-18.png
    Free Practice 1 = 2 minutes
    Qualifying = 15 minutes
    Race (current session, highlighted in white) = 20 minutes
    The race hasn't started yet, that's why it just shows '20' and there's no '19/20', for example. Maybe they're waiting to grid or are on the formation lap.

When a session is in progress:
    upload_2021-8-2_18-31-1.png
    R 8 / 20 means there's 8 minutes left in the race session.

Requirements to join the lobby:
    upload_2021-8-2_18-32-7.png

upload_2021-8-2_18-32-29.png
    Not allowed to join race session whilst in progress.
    This is only for the Race session, all other sessions you can join whilst they're in progress.
    Most lobbies have this turned off, meaning you can join most races mid session. If you do join a race that's in progress, you will get a 2 minute countdown timer preventing you from leaving the pits.

Wet race at night with variable weather:
    upload_2021-8-2_18-39-43.png
    If no variability icon is shown, it means weather is fixed.

upload_2021-8-2_18-40-34.png
    -Track name
    -Season number (different seasons have a different balance of performance)
    -Mixed means you can choose GT3/GT4/Super Trofeo and Porsche Cup

Above the server list you can select which class you want to race.
    upload_2021-8-2_18-42-38.png

upload_2021-8-2_18-43-55.png
    -You can select to only show the servers you are eligible to join by clicking 'Accessible'. This will filter out servers with requirements that you don't meet, and possibly also DLC you don't own.
    -Select ping limit.
    -Sort by amount of drivers or ping.

Personal tip:
    Forget about ALL of the settings in the 'Advanced' tab. They barely work if they work at all. Just open the server browser and sort by amount of drivers. Then just scroll and look for a track you want to join.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  12. Ecnelis

Ecnelis Alien

You are right. I got confised by my latest sprint racing with very short sessions... And I'm still a bit confused: there are even 3-minutes time difference between servers list and the real time left on server (for example: "Race 14/20", I jump straight into server and... over 16 minutes of racing left). Strange.

13. Colechops

Colechops Rookie

@oblitor wow! That’s very detailed and generous. Kunos should hire you to do their documentation :D

14. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

I notice that all the time. I'll jump into a session with like Q2/15 and there will be anywhere from 4 to 6 minutes remaining.

15. It never was quite accurate, unfortunately. Same for information at the loading screens while joining the the session.

16. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Hardcore Simmer

Good point, I would say 99% of the sessions that I have been in that showed rain on the loading screen were bright sunny days.

After_Midnight likes this.
  17. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

There's rain on the loading screen if the server weather has rain bias, i.e. it's guaranteed to rain if the clouds move above a certain threshold. But the rest of the weather settings can still prevent it.

18. Thomas Fun

Thomas Fun Simracer

After_Midnight and pankykapus like this.
  19. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

I also recommend not to use the refresh button in server list. In my case 99% of the servers dissaper from the list after pressing this magic button