1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Quest 2 VR - RTX 3080 Settings

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ramensito, Mar 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Ramensito

Ramensito Rookie

Hey all,

Sorry for the extra post. I'm attempting to get download privileges so that I can try out the settings in this forum:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/optimal-oculus-quest-2-vr-settings.67582/page-2

They are uploaded as post attachments, which I am unable to download. Other threads suggested you need to post first and this seemed as good as any place. (ACC General Discussion didn't allow me)

Hope this works, and if you have ideal Quest 2 - 3080 VR settings I would love to try them. Hoping for 70-90 fps.

Thank you,
    Kevin

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Oculus Quest + RTX 2070 - VR unplayable Aug 24, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Small question about time multiplier / offline Tuesday at 2:51 PM
    ACC Hardware Discussions Is it possible to use OpenXr or Open composite in ACC with a Quest 3? Nov 18, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Quest 3 --> No OpenXR Tookit? Nov 15, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corsa Competizone Logo Use Question Oct 10, 2023
    Chit Chat Room 3 questions Oct 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Very Stupid question Sep 23, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Questionable ACC Server Reliability Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Triple screen and gsync question Jun 24, 2023
    ACC Gameplay A request to the devs regarding AI… May 24, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Question regarding legality of organizing paid-entry races and offering cash prizes in Assetto Corsa Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Straightforward question about server creation Apr 15, 2023
    ACC Physics Question about MoTeC channel "ROTY" Apr 7, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Setting Question with Trackir Mar 19, 2023
    General modding discussion search request for 3d modeling Feb 20, 2023

3. syd2o2

syd2o2 Rookie

Hm. I seem to have the same problem. I just got a Quest 2, and wanted to download some settings from the forum, but didn't have the rights. While searching, I came accross this post. Hopeing this will help me as well.

4. Ramensito

Ramensito Rookie

Posting here did the trick for me! Not sure if your reply to the thread will do it or if you'd need to post separately. Good luck!

5. imalik

imalik Rookie

I'm also trying to download the settings file lol, hopefully this reply will do the trick :) oh btw I have a gtx 1070, hopefully it wont drop the performance..

6. ma rugby

ma rugby Rookie

Same bere! :)

7. Zaino

Zaino Rookie

Ditto

8. mister dog

mister dog Alien

9. lolqq

lolqq Rookie

Same here!

10. Lee Haynes

Lee Haynes Rookie

Same here

11. Lee Haynes

Lee Haynes Rookie

Does anyone know how you get permission to download the settings?

12. Odirse

Odirse Gamer

I have the Quest 2 VR headset, and a 3070, and I have no problems running AC at 90 fps with a resolution of 5408x2736 and 1.2 supersampling... no one should have any problems with a 3080, regardless of their settings...

13. What CPU? I have a 5900x and can also run those settings, but i have to much microstutters. Can you please check running the game with OTT performace Visual HUD ON and see if the fps is constant at 90 fps? Mine keep changing to 87 every 10 seconds and that cause the microstutters i believe.

14. Odirse

Odirse Gamer

I'm afraid I'm on holidays and away from home at the moment, but I can tell you I don't suffer from microstutters at all. My CPU is an i5 10400, nothing really special although it performs really well on games that only make use of one of its cores, I've got to say.

Do you have it installed in a HDD or in a SSD? I would normally say you might want to check your ram or VRAM usage, but I don't think that would be the issue with this game at all really...

Also, you might want to try that "little trick" of changing the FOV settings, that has given me an insane boost in performance in other titles, although you shouldn't really need it in this game. Also, try deactivating ASW, that might be the issue if you computer keeps activating and deactivating it if you have it in "Auto"

Frank Alexandre likes this.
  15. I think i have fixed it. The microstuttering are gone after updating my motherboard chipset drivers and disabling HPET in Windows. 90 fps rock solid now. I a am using the fov trick already, 0.7h 0.5v. And i just noticed this is AC forum, not ACC...hahaha...i am talking about ACC.

16. Odirse

Odirse Gamer

I actually thought you might be talking about ACC, which is very very poorly optimised for VR... Because in AC it doesn't matter what your settings are with such a GPU really.

As for ACC, I have discovered that is a very CPU intensive game indeed. I use the FOV trick in ACC as well, although with values of 0.8 & 0.65. and then I used to get much better performance lowering the screen resolution (the monitor), because it didn't use to mirror VR headset, but to render it apart again, I think that issue was dealt with anyway, or at least I think it doesn't make much of a difference anymore. I have also discovered that I get better performance tuning the game directly through the Oculus app instead of using Steam VR in this case.

Anyway, glad your stutters went away!

17. TeaKave

TeaKave Rookie

Same issue here.

Sorry, already fixed by posting this. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  18. NetLuis

NetLuis Rookie

Same issue

19. Posting so I can download too.

20. Milky82

Milky82 Rookie

ok thought I had posted before