1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #241

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

The Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Lotus Exige roadster
    Track: Red Bull Ring National

upload_2021-9-4_12-59-41.png

upload_2021-9-4_12-59-31.png

This is a fun little car on a fun little track. I got some new sim racing gear and I wanted to concentrate on trail braking and throttle control. I think this is the perfect combo for that.

RSR WR 58.164
    Not a very popular combo with only 11 people registering times on RSR...

Ideal PSI for Semi Slicks
    30 Front
    32 Rear

How to take part -
    Hot lap: To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the correct car and circuit.

Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: Zandvoort
    Time of day: Free Ambient
    Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free
    Deadline: Sunday Sept. 12th 2021 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used! Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:
    Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4) The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Season 2020
    1. Car: Mercedes AMG GT3 2020 EVO
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for a single fastest lap
    3. Time of day: 09:00
    4. Track: Brands Hatch
    5. Weather type eg: Light Rain
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

Quick session with standard setup and tanks at 3/4 full. The car is fun to drive, lots of coasting through the corners.

PC parts have been ordered. Hard decision on the video card, given the current prices... I went for the Radeon 6600xt, I think it was a reasonable cost to the performance it delivers.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

4. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

Lowered fuel, adjusted tire pressures, camber changed to full negative and reduced front toe in.[​IMG]

5. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

AC
    GoodGame.eXistenZ
    PC
    57:159

[​IMG]

6. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    upload_2021-9-6_10-50-37.png

Still trying to tweak the ergonomics of the whole rig, let alone all the wheel settings themselves. I haven't tried any different pedal configurations yet or tried tweaking the pedals software yet either. This is gonna take quite a bit more time to get it all perfect than I thought lol.

I managed to set a laptime just slightly slower with my f1 wheel the other day. Today was the first day I tried out my round wheel. So many options now, its kinda crazy.

7. LOL!! That was my first thought too!:D
    But in fact it should be required driving, it is a great exercise in deftness.

Pretend racer likes this.
  8. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-9-6_18-27-37.png
    I followed @Rod100 's two session programme and set-up to the letter!:)

9. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Light rain!!!! Excited to try this. MB Evo is new to me i believe as well. Great challenge

10. SlowGrayAudi

Might have been a mistake!

Screenshot_20210909-021025_Chrome.jpg

Pretend racer and Rod100 like this.
  11. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

@SlowGrayAudi , thanks for info, unfortunately I was unaware of that difference... however, considering that comparable geforces here in my country are about 30 to 40% more expensive, I don't think it was too bad. Not to mention that anything imported here is way more expensive than in U.S. or Europe, 850 USD for the 6600xt, that gives you an idea... while a 3060ti is equivalent to about 1100 USD.

My goal for now is to achieve no less than 60fps at 1080 resolution, I think the 6600xt can handle that.

Pretend racer and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  12. SlowGrayAudi

Thats a terrible markup! I got my 3070 suprim x for $900 so i cant talk much. I stood outside microcenter in -5 degree weather for an hour and got lucky. They had 13 cards and i was like #12 in line.

Where are you located?

13. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

In Brazil, land of cheap labor, high taxes, and expensive stuff.

14. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

I’m still in two minds about taking the PC route.

I don’t really want the extra fiddling PC’s inevitably bring, it’s enough of a pain working and updating my laptop. But, the mods available on AC make it hugely tempting - some really superlative stuff out there.

To cloud the situation further, Kunos announced an actual XSX/PS5 version of ACC is in development (and a free upgrade) - for release in Feb. From the preview, it seems to include all the bells and whistles from the PC version this time - so may wait to see how this turns out - combined with the severe shortage of PC parts (which will probably get worse as the automotive’s put pressure on manufacturing/supply chains to solve their semi-conductor issues).

15. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

@TinPeach Spending 50% of your allotted gaming time performing windows upgrades, undoing windows upgrades, fiddling with in game graphic settings, fiddling with graphic card settings, installing graphic card updates, undoing graphic cards updates, performing FPS benchmarking, trialing full screen V windowed mode V 1080p V 1444 V 4K, worrying whether your CPU or GPU is bottlenecking your FPS and thinking about which one to upgrade first, trialing Freesync V Gsync and editing .ini files is half the fun of sim racing on PC!

16. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Well, when you put it like that, I’m not sure what I was ever worried about??

17. SlowGrayAudi

You can always move to America. Where its just expensive but things seem to balance out decently.

18. SlowGrayAudi

I havent touched any settings on my pc in months. Once you get it setup its pretty easy and quick. With steam and the fps overlay its easy yo tell how well it runs once you're in game.

Dont get discouraged. Pcs aren't difficult

19. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:29.433
    PC
    7 laps

Super lost on this setup. I went with a dry setup on wets, but its not nice to drive. Will definitely have to do lots of experimenting.

edit: After some changes its better to drive, but still not great.

I tried on slicks and thats a no go for sure. Wets are the correct tire to be on.

upload_2021-9-10_7-20-50.png

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  20. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

glad you said that, I had quick practice couple of laps when picking the challenge, on standard Safe set up and was surprised how tricky it was on slicks, which are normally just about OK in light rain conditions. Busy week at work this week though so not been back for a proper run yet.

21. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, same here.

Just had a quick spin, literally, using slicks. I’ll swap to wets and have another run see what’s what.