1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 2021-2022-2023-2024 Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pankykapus, Jan 1, 2021.

1. as designed ;)

2. Urs Brunner

Urs Brunner Rookie

there are a few different ways to calculate it. the easiest for you would be to download the "acc strategist" app.

to calculate / research the right amount of fuel for a race is the minimum effort you need to do in sim racing...

BTW: the acc engineer app (can be found on this site) does two things very vell...calculate tire pressures needed and fuel...check it out.
    s

chksix likes this.
  3. Turk

Turk Alien

You get all the information you need to set your fuel, the amount of fuel used per lap and the total time of the race. I will admit that the fuel setting is a major annoyance for me. I have to lift my VR headset and start typing calculator, I'll often completely mess up a challenge event because I didn't take enough fuel.
    I would love for their to be a better way that is less error prone.

4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Just multiply the amount of minutes in the race by 2, and add 3-4 extra liters.

Freddie Seng, Turk and henkjansmits like this.
  5. Akbalder

Akbalder Racer

I think that having to use an external app to compute fuel is just anoying.

An automatically computed fuel could have a big margin to still be interesting for the drivers who want to set it (drivers who want to be very precise or to have a specific strategy).

I think that you will take too much fuel with this formula. And every cars don't use the same amount of fuel.

Dewald Nel likes this.
  6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

If you don't want to spend time calculating how much fuel you will need, this is a safe option.

chksix, dek and m_box97 like this.
  7. aaron0288

aaron0288 Hardcore Simmer

Has anything been mentioned before about the clouds popping into the sky randomly? Is it something they’re unable to fix, as I feel it’s something that’s been present since I started playing. Minor thing in a racing sim I know, but it happens every single race with the “sunny” weather setting and is quite distracting when it happens. Would be nice to be able to get rid of the clouds completely.

After_Midnight likes this.
  8. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

This is what I use:

For 60 minutes race.

60x60sec = 3600sec

Check you best lap, lest say 1.57 = 117 sec

3600÷117 = 30.77 laps, add at least 1 lap, so you have a 32 laps race.

Check you fuel consumption per lap, lest say 3.2 l /lap.

32x3.2 = 102.4 liters.

9. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

You just need to learn your car. :)

LATE4APEX likes this.
  10. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Short question here, since it's not worth a new thread: Does anyone know how the automatic save function for replays works? I have it enabled with 5 slots, but today I have all my races (10+) in that folder. Are they gonna be deleted over time or how does it work? Many thanks in advance!

11. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Yes, since early beta builds.

12. never happened to me. are you on w10?

13. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Have you never looked at the clouds? :p

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  14. aaron0288

Ah… doesn’t fill one with much confidence that it can be fixed then. Yes I’m on Windows 10.

easyrider16 likes this.
  15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

Never felt the clouds popping up that much, but if I see those plane shape clouds, I always imagine this:

redbaron.jpg

16. aaron0288

Just noticed Sebring is on this years GTWCA calendar… I so hope Kunos have sorted out their contract with SRO and are busy at work on an American DLC ;)

17. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

Without a doubt, the clouds are the worst part of the graphics, the game looks great and the clouds are out of tune.

A realistic sky helps a lot for the dive, hopefully we will see improvements in the future.

18. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

I do hope that too. Sebring and Road America are together with Long Beach, Road Atlanta and Mid Ohio by far my fav US tracks, so even getting these two (i think the others mentioned are not in the GTWCA schedule) would be an absolute treat!

About the sky, clouds: Yes, weather in general i feel like is the weakest graphical aspect in ACC, everything else is great, lighting, textures, car models, track geometry and track detail etc., but the weather effects and the sky fall a bit off from that standard. However, its not bad, its just that it would be nice to look better :)

19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

No COTA for 2022 SRO America though which is a shame I think. Ozarks though possibly.

20. aaron0288

Agreed. I’m not complaining about the weather graphics per se, just the distracting cloud pop in.

Can anything be done about it @pankykapus?