1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #244

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

The Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Lotus Exos 125
    Track: Silverstone

upload_2021-9-25_9-13-58.png

upload_2021-9-25_9-13-35.png

RSR WR 1.38.690
    Majority of laptimes are in the 1.42 - 1.49 range

Ideal PSI 24

How to take part -
    Hot lap: To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the correct car and circuit.

Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: Silverstone
    Time of day: Free Ambient
    Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free
    Deadline: Sunday October 3rd 2021 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used! Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:
    Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4) The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Season 2018
    1. Car: Audi R8 LMS
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins single fasted lap
    3. Time of day: 13:00
    4. Track: Silverstone
    5. Weather type eg: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a
    11. Standing water n/a

Totall Wrytoff and SlowGrayAudi like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Audi time!!!:D:D:D

Pretend racer and mike reynolds like this.
  4. SlowGrayAudi

AC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:59.247
    PC

If you use the default aggressive setup then you need to lower the rear by 2mm to prevent the ridiculous snap oversteer.

I also increased diff to 110. Some softer damper and tires in the window.

upload_2021-9-27_5-18-15.png

5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:58:788
    PC

Followed SGA's advice re set up and lowered the rear by a couple of clicks

ACC WHC Header.PNG

6. SlowGrayAudi

Did you find it easier to drive with the lower rear end?

Pretend racer likes this.
  7. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:58.941
    PC

Small improvement, feel like I'm overdriving it.

upload_2021-9-28_6-42-7.png

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  8. SlowGrayAudi

I just realized that i did that second run on a green track. Not sure how it changed but i guess ill have to go again.

9. SlowGrayAudi

Ok so i did a quick run with the correct optimum conditions. There's definitely more time in it.

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    1:58.356
    PC

No offense to Mike, but I was wondering why i was slower in my favorite car :D

upload_2021-9-28_6-56-2.png

10. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

So was I…I’ve barely ever driven it!

Pretend racer and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  11. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

AC
    Lewis
    1:40.886 - XSX
    ACD04B63-FE2C-4F69-B6D6-A82B4831194D.jpeg

Hello to you all and I hope everyone is ok.
    It’s great to see the WHC still going.
    it’s been ages since my last entry, I decided to get the wheel out and dust it off.
    I know I was rusty last time I tried a combo after a few months break, but Jesus!! It feels like I’m right back at the beginning again.
    1:49 was my first attempt
    Anyway sorry for the excuses Haha

12. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-9-29_19-42-26.png
    Default settings and the tyre pressures aren't balanced yet, but this is excellent fun!

Great to see you back @Lewisxbone and just as fast as ever!

13. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Rod100
    PC

Practice session for today. Standard setup.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

14. SlowGrayAudi

The Audi is really strong on the brakes. So take advantage of that. The brake balance and diff are big factors in finding lap time with it.

If you find it difficult to turn in at the end of the breaking zone then move the bias rearward more, I think I have to bias at 61.6

I'm not sure what it's set up with the standard setup but I found that with the Audi it's usually set fairly conservative around 63 or so.

If you feel like she just wants to squirm when you're putting the power down (i run tc 3), then add a little bit of diff or if at the end of the breaking zone when off throttle, if you find that the car is unstable adding diff will help stabilize the rear end, which can give you a lot more confidence when trail braking.

I run diff at 90, i went to 100 but then dropped it back.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  15. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    2:00.372
    XSX
    Quick go to see how the land lies, I always struggle with sector 2 more than any other at Silverstone. I’ll give SGA’s tweaks ago later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  16. SlowGrayAudi

It can be easy for her to snap in high speed sections if you downshift lift and turn.

I use a little bit of throttle through several fast turns to keep the rear under control. Just like 25% to keep the rear from snapping. It might feel odd but i found that it help my driving style at least.

17. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks! I'll try your suggestions later, and yes, I was not very confident with trail braking.

18. SlowGrayAudi

Increasing the diff should give more stability. But any sudden lift off can definitely send it into a spin. Pretty pitch sensitive. Thats why i lowered the rear ride height as well.

Pretend racer and Rod100 like this.
  19. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    PC

After unsuccessfully trying an improvement in ACC, did a few laps in AC.[​IMG]

20. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    moodyryder
    Ps5

20211002_104731.jpg

Silverstone?
    With an Audi?

It's like a dinner party with Donald Trump & Nicola Sturgeon.

Actually I quite enjoyed it. :)

I wanted under 120s and got that lap2. Mistake on 3 then I wound it off because I only had enough fuel for 5 laps.

Good to see you Lewis.

21. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    upload_2021-10-2_9-54-6.png

I saw 1.39.6 a couple of times on my delta, but I kept making tiny mistakes on different parts of the track and ran out of time before I could get it. This car sticks pretty well. The accuforce has a setting where it will increase the force as you increase your g's in a corner. You can really feel it with this car and its very cool.

Attached Files:

TinPeach and SlowGrayAudi like this.