1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Brake ducts and Tyre damage

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Rallystu2

Rallystu2 Rookie

Will these physics updates be present in the console version?

2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Hopefully? I don't see why not unless the console version is that far behind the PC version - no real point in two massively different code bases to maintain. AC1 didn't set a great example but... ACC should be easier to port...

3. p4thos

p4thos Rookie

These posts should be compiled and introduced into the game, not only as a user manual, but also as descriptions in the setup menu.

Seth C. and daxus like this.
  4. John g

John g Simracer

This seems strange? If you do a 24h race in real time you'll end up with very different pad wear to if you do the same 24h race but with 4x accelerated time...
    But good to know, I just assumed everything gets accelerated (I only got the game a few weeks ago so not done any endurance races yet)

5. Tyre wear and brake pads are not accelerated, it's the normal wear that would accrue during the 6 hours (taking your 4x multiplier for 24 hours as an example).

We did a lot of 24h races with a 6x accelerator and you could use two to three sets of tires during these 3 hour races according to your driving style. Most people did one stop for tires and fuel and one for brakes, tires and fuel as a 3 minute stop was mandatory from the rules of the league.

Eduardo AuKiss likes this.
  6. Alpha_GT

Alpha_GT Rookie

anybody cached something on brake pads in GT4? Do they have same endurance 1-4 as GT3 cars?

7. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

They are the same said Aris in on of his stream, but(!) the GT4 are heavier and will use more brake pad than the GT3.
    So if a GT3 can use brake pad 1 for about 1hr a GT4 may use it only around 45m (or less) before it ruptures and the brakes are gone.

8. Alpha_GT

Alpha_GT Rookie

Ohhh good point, cheers!

9. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

why is this info baout pads not in game? after 2 years is a bit of text really that hard? also engine maps, no idea what any of them are as they have literally zero info in game

rycil, Dom Tuso and henri like this.
  10. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

“1” does not last three hours ...

Attached Files:

11. I am assuming this is the right thread :D.
    Does anyone know which is the maximum G force Pirelli tires can handle??? This is so important.

12. #snajdan

#snajdan Gamer

Dunno if the recent changes are good. The Screenshot above from C3PO was on monza and for me its a heavy brake wear track so the brakes should hold 1:30 - 2:00 hour.
    Maybe the 2 brakes could be hold a bit longer, because at the AOR 9hrs kylami this year and it was really hot 33°C air and above. After around 7.5 hour we needed to change them.
    On an 12hrs Nurburgring Event they died after ~10 hours.

13. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

Yesterday's patch addressed exactly this.

14. Bull!t

Bull!t Rookie

Regarding this brakes wear indicator, at what level of wear does it light up?? I mean, when this red square indicator appears, does it mean the brakes are completely dead or can we still run a bit longer on it?

15. Cirith Ungol

Cirith Ungol Simracer

If you have the square appearing they're dead.

16. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Hardcore Simmer

This is when they're dead - and it's reached limit by then (< 10mm):

17. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Question, if you have physical damage on 50%, is the tyre damage (graining & blistering) 50% reduced and is the tyre wear also 50% reduced? Or they are separate and always 100% wear rates?

18. Hey Guys!
    I have a very technical question about the physics of ACC.
    I remember that some time ago, trying to learn every info available on the internet, I read that the McLaren 650s GT3 has 35mm wide front disks and 32mm wide rear disks.
    In the sim, in the setup menu, we have 32mm for both front and rear.
    At the time, I didn't even attempt to think this is wrong or a bug, I assumed racing cars use 32mm for both axis.
    But now I was watching a video of David Perel and he said in ACC you have the feeling that the car is not stopping. That's his opinion.
    So now I have the doubt.
    Can anyone explain why we have 32mm front and rear?

Thank you for any clarification.

19. Ælleden

Ælleden Gamer

I think every car has differents disks, I'm not sure there is any regulations about it in GTWC, i might be wrong, but the only restriction should be bop regarding that, so if a car is better than another under braking (bigger disks) they should get balanced elsewhere (weight, top speed restriction etc)

20. maxcoslo

maxcoslo Gamer

I found this Assetto Corsa Competizione Balance of Performance Changes GT3 & GT4 – Steams Play
    Is the brake temperature data accurate? It should be the temperatures of use after the 1.8 release

• DRY TYRE IDEAL PRESSURE: 27.64
    • DRY TYRE OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE RANGE: 76°C to 90°C
    • WET TYRE IDEAL PRESSURE: 30
    • WET TYRE OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE RANGE: 25.4°C to 65°C
    • FRONT BRAKE1 IDEAL TEMPERATURE RANGE : 250°C to 500°C (max performance 99% from 366°C to 450°C)
    • FRONT BRAKE2 IDEAL TEMPERATURE RANGE : 250°C to 600°C (max performance 97% from 364°C to 425°C)
    • FRONT BRAKE3 IDEAL TEMPERATURE RANGE : 200°C to 800°C (max performance 88% from 250°C to 550°C)
    • REAR BRAKE1 IDEAL TEMPERATURE RANGE : 150°C to 600°C (max performance 100% from 366°C to 450°C)
    • REAR BRAKE2 IDEAL TEMPERATURE RANGE : 150°C to 600°C (max performance 98% from 250°C to 379°C)
    • REAR BRAKE3 IDEAL TEMPERATURE RANGE : 130°C to 700°C (max performance 91% from 250°C to 550°C)
    • BRAKE1 PERFORMANCE DECREASES ~15% FASTER THAN BRAKE2
    • BRAKE2 PERFORMANCE DECREASES ~8% FASTER THAN BRAKE3
    • (BRAKE4 PERFORMANCE DECREASES ~46% FASTER THAN BRAKE1)