1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #252

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

upload_2021-11-20_19-18-40.png

upload_2021-11-20_19-18-28.png

Buckle up, this week were hotlapping the iconic Ferrari 312 at Barcelona GP.

RSR WR 1.45.369 Majority of the laptimes are 1.47-1.55.

I last tried this combo in May of 2018. I set a 1.47.093.

Ideal PSI 27 front, 28 rear.

How to take part -
    Hot lap: To enter, select Drive > Hotlap, choose the Ferrari 312T
    Please setup the session using the settings below:

Mode: Hotlap
    Track: Barcelona GP
    Time of day: Free Ambient
    Temp: Free
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory
    Stability: Free
    Deadline: Sunday November 28th 2021 I usually post the results around 10pm MST.

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, it’s simple All Platforms are welcome, it is all about having fun and enjoying Assetto Corsa.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading and of course the car being used! Please post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included (placing the session screen in a video clip is acceptable).

Please use the following format to post your times:
    Your time, to be shown as x.xx.xxx.
    Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4) The image or screen shot showing your time.
    Your thoughts and comment

Please mark updated times with Improvement.

Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post cannot be updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Season 2018
    1. Car: Lamborghini Huracan ST
    2. Challenge type: Hotstint 10 mins for total laps/time
    3. Time of day: 14:00
    4. Track: Suzuka
    5. Weather type eg: Clear
    6. Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    7. Cloud: n/a
    8. Ave Temp: n/a
    9. Grip level: Optimum
    10. Wetness: n/a

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-11-23_13-34-28.png
    Ooh! This is quite a handful!!
    I did about 15 laps. Tyre pressures weren't perfect and I slightly increased coast on the diff for more stability into the corners. Otherwise default. A decent set-up would count for a lot!
    Another excellent combi @Pretend racer , very absorbing.

4. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    10:52.155 - 5 laps
    XSX
    No idea if this is good or bad - probably bad once Mike and SGA post - but straight out of the box with just a tweak to pressures. Track - lovely. Car - not to my taste.

PS. Sorry about the red blob on the photo, still setting up the LEDs properly on the rig - does this fettling ever end??

Attached Files:

5. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

pretend racer
    pc
    [​IMG]

I had saved a setup from Austin Ogonoski that I got from the setup market. He's an amazing Canadian sim racer. I had to tweak a few things to suit barcelona and my driving style. I adjusted the brake bias (moved itback 2 clicks), reduced the diff coast one click, added some +toe and -camber to the front, and adjusted the gearing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    10:48.612 - 5 laps
    XSX

Yep, it was total crap. Had another go with no additional adjustment and 4 seconds straight off the bat - definitely should be much lower than this.

Attached Files:

7. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    10:49:152
    PC

You might have me covered this week @TinPeach ....tomorrow's PC update could add up to a second on lap times apparently!

ACC WHC Header2.PNG

8. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

What about an update? On PC and console?

9. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

V1.8 - Aris has a preview video on YouTube and there is a full keynote video coming later today. Everything from new cars to physics tweaks, quite a major overhaul.

Unfortunately for console owners, it won’t hit us until February when the next gen editions finally arrive. May make it a little difficult for me on the WHC’s until then!

Peggy11 and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  10. SlowGrayAudi

I can try to do some before and after laps to see how it affects things.

I just have such long work days it's hard to get laps in now

Peggy11, mike reynolds and TinPeach like this.
  11. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

I watched Aris’s vid, he suggested the update will actually slow laps between .5 and 1 second due to the new tyre temp physics. This may even out the current systems - the consoles are still a little harder to handle at the mo - well that’s my excuse.

But I would love to hear your thoughts and wet the appetite for what we will get - his excitement on what they have achieved was clear to hear. Lots of new graphic options which not only, from what I could see, make the game look extremely good, but apparently also radically improve frame rates. Looks very impressive.

Shame about the long days SGA, I do enjoy seeing what I can achieve versus your times.

12. SlowGrayAudi

Sounds like a very significant upgrade patch! Im excited to see how it works out.

The graphics definitely strain my 3070. Unfortunately my tv is only 60hz so im limited to 60 fps until i can upgrade.

But i can run 60fps at 4k all day long ao that is nice.

My days average 12-14hrs. Being a truck driver can be tough at time. At least im home everyday day!

I appreciate all the kind words TinPeach :)

Pretend racer and Peggy11 like this.
  13. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-11-24_19-4-35.png
    Thanks for posting your set-up @Pretend racer
    I'm not sure it translates on console... I couldn't make it round a corner! Any throttle with steering input and round I went!
    I reverted to my non-set-up, which lacks balance and is hellishly twitchy, to get this lap.
    Using three pedals and H shifter, so I have the paddle option for an easier time and I am using ABS.:)

14. SlowGrayAudi

Apparently steam automatically updated my ACC so it's version 1.8 already. Blehhhh

Pretend racer likes this.
  15. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Rod100
    PC

Challenging car. Thank you, pretend racer, for the setup. And congratulations on your time, nearly impossible to get anywhere close.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

16. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

SGA, have you tried it, or Mike or Rod?

I watched Aris Drives yesterday as he went through the physics changes. He openly spoke about how much harder some will find it, but they are striving for realism rather than just ‘making the cars feel nice to drive’. Temps work more precisely; tyre deformation, especially over curbs etc., has been ramped up, and a lot more. And you should have the rather splendid M4 (albeit a vey ugly car)!

Pretend racer and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  17. mike reynolds

yes it’s good, subtle but improved, riding curbs feels a bit more hairy (tramlining) and the feeling of cold tyres coming in as they heat up is much more noticeable.

The DLSS is ok, its no magic bullet, just more options for balancing performance re graphics, it was easy to generate a 20/30FPS improvements but the quality of the graphics was much worse. I probably need to play around some more but where I have settled with it probably gives me a 5-10 FPS boost, with only a small impact on image quality.

18. SlowGrayAudi

Im getting a bug so my game is unplayable right now unfortunately

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...s-have-no-contact-with-road-after-v1-8.70252/

Pretend racer likes this.
  19. mike reynolds

Two attempts at the ACC challenge tonight, fastest time 10:55....so that's six seconds slower with V1.8! (and my 1:49 run on V1.7 did not feel very quick).

@TinPeach is going to be unstoppable on WHC for a while methinks!

EDIT Down to a 10:51 now, with practice I could beat that 1:49 but this much effort on V1.7 I'd of been mid 40s

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    Peggy11 and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  20. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Is this my moment in the sun, albeit an unfair one :)

Although it may be short lived. I am seriously considering moving to PC. I have my rig setup, beautiful LEDs lighting it’s extremity’s , and have never enjoyed a racing sim as much as I do ACC. I’ve gone so far, surely it is time to take that final step (although SGA’s experience following the update do not inspire).

Rod100, Peggy11 and SlowGrayAudi like this.
  21. mike reynolds

Most big updates on ACC come with a few issues….I spent an hour getting Microsoft visual runtime errors before I could get 1.8 working. Kunos do get the bugs sorted pretty quickly though.

PCs are great for sim racing but they aren’t always plug and play!

Rod100, Peggy11 and SlowGrayAudi like this.