1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

DOCS The Server Admin Handbook thread

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Jun 10, 2019.

1. RedЯuM

RedЯuM Rookie

given there's 1.7.4 floating around and the one linked here is 1.7.0... rather urgent please!

2. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

why not post handbook before update? Not after

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

1.8 version is updated in the front post

Quick summary:
    - removed the _2019, _2020 suffixes from tracknames in any config, there's only the open season (= most up-to-date and best balanced). old config still work though (but point to the same open season)
    - added 7 weather scenarios as examples
    - added the M4 GT3 entry enum

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2021
  4. RedЯuM

RedЯuM Rookie

THANKYOU!!! :)

5. NiKK2

NiKK2 Gamer

So no more possibility to drive the 2020 BoP variant of a track online?
    Or have I misunderstood something?

6. I think no!

7. HemiR

HemiR Gamer

Seems only FreeForAll works, Servers running anything else don't show in lobby

8. HemiR

HemiR Gamer

Never-mind PEBKAC..

Minolin likes this.
  9. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Updated to 1.8.5 in the OP.

Salvatore Amato and Want2BFast like this.
  10. ttux

ttux Rookie

For some reason I can't post anywhere else than here but that might be appropriate since Kunos devs make announcement here. That might be far fetched but I'd like to make some feature requests for acc server.
    1. Add feature to make request to the server to notify config has changed so that it loads new one without requiring to stop/start the server
    2. Add possibility to keep session/event running even when server is empty
    3. Add feature to make request to the server to post a message on the chat
    4. Add feature to make request to the server to get drivers that are currently connected
    This would make a big difference for what I have developed (https://acc.ttux.net). Below is why for each point.

1. Right now, I have to stop the server, put the new config files and start the server again which kicks everyone out and people don't know they have to wait a bit for server to re-appear and re-join for the next event.

2. As the server restarts for the next event at 30 past, if server is empty and someone joins at 5 past then they start the quali which finishes at 20 past then race starts and at 30 everyone is kicked out and there is no session result.

3. If you host a public server and want to get people involved in results/ranking/competition, it would help a lot to be able to post a message in the chat to give some info. Another benefit would be to for example post results, if there is championship organized it could for example tell drivers how many points they won, who did the fastest lap, etc... It would also allow to provide stats about other drivers. For example what's the best lap on current track for drivers currently in the session. Taking this even further, it would be great to even be able to post message to a specific driver as if 4. is done (see below), it would then allow to tell a driver what is best lap from driver in front or more importantly behind. Hopefully people are then less likely to try blocking someone who is normally 2sec or more faster than them.

4. This way it's possible to programmatically figure out if restarting the server now will kick users out of a session. This is even more useful without 2. and without 2., it should also return what session is currently running (Practice/Quali/Race) and how much time is left for the session and current driver positions.

Without the above, it is quite hard to provide a somewhat interesting public server. Didn't you get those feature requests from services like thesimgrid, simracing.gp, lowfuelmotorsport.com?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
  11. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

Could please someone explain what is "publicIP" parameter? Description is not clear enough for me..(

Darcy Callai Junior likes this.
  12. Hello, is there any way to control the "realistic" parameters on the server? Like tire wear/damage

13. Can we get an updated handbook with clear definitions for the new formation lap types? It appears as though many things may have changed:

1. Ghosting can be enabled all the way thru lap 1?? ACC Wiki (unofficial) lists 2 new formation lap types 4 and 5. Lap 1 ghosting has also been witnessed in Public, non-password servers.

2. Free, non-UI widget starts are now possible for Public, non-password servers?

14. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

Hi guys! Did someone find the opportunity to get information about collisions from server (log, results, etc.). Or the only way is to use broadcast api with the game?

15. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

Dear devs, can you answer, please?

16. roszman

roszman Rookie

I am not sure if this is the correct answer but you can find "penalties" array in race result json file.

17. roszman

roszman Rookie

I am playing with broadcasting example from dedicates server sdk folder and I have few questions.

TestClient readme.txt states that:
    But I don't have ACC in my linux box where I want to host online races. Also I am not sure where exactly should I put broadcasting.json file?

I tried to run dedicated server and ksBroadcastingTestClient.exe but it didn't connected, at least the "IsConnected" checkbox wasn't checked.

How can I connect to dedicated server with UDP? It is possible with AC, but I'm not sure how to do this in ACC.

I would be really grateful for help. Thanks!

18. roszman

roszman Rookie

Ok, I think the example code in sdk folder is for ACC client only :/

But I have another issue with running the server on my Windows PC and in my local network. I am constantly getting
    Code:
    Resetting weekend to friday night
    Reset time to friday night: 0 -> 0
    Reset time to first session: 0 -> 140400

I am able to connect to race server, but:
    1. the displayed qualy and race time is 15:00 and 16:00 respectively, but there is pitch dark night there :/.
    2. I am unable to start the engine (in single player session it works fine)
    3. Connection to server is lost moment after connecting to server
    My server is hosted in one PC and game is ran in another PC, both PCs are in the same LAN and I am connecting trough public server lobbies (not trough LAN Servers button)

Here is the dump from server console:
    Code:
    Server starting with version 255
    Starting server My test server
    Joining during race is allowed
    FileToStruct cfg/eventRules.json
    Translated realtime interval hzToMiliseconds(18)=54

SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.890187
    Track brands_hatch was set and updated
    Event changed
    Reading custom event rules
    FileToStruct cfg/eventRules.json
    FileToStruct cfg/assistRules.json
    SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.922726
    Significant change detected, updating lobby (1|1)
    Reset time to friday night: 0 -> 0
    SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.896630
    Listening to TCP 9232 | UDP 9231
    Trying to connect to lobby (0 times, interval 10000 s)
    Session changed: Qualifying -> Qualifying 0
    Detected sessionPhase <waiting for drivers> -> <waiting for drivers> (Qualifying)
    New connection received 288
    1 client(s) online
    TCPQueue now: 526
    New TCP incoming pakSizeMax, 0 => 524
    Located entryListId -1 for connection 0 S76561198004574574
    New connection request: id 0 Drozdz Witkowski S76561198004574574 on car model 3
    Creating new car connection: carId 1001, carModel 3, raceNumber #1
    Special Rules for carid 1001:
            max_total_driving_time is 720 (from 240), pitCount 0
    startingTime is not set?
    Starting stint for car 1001 driver 0 at 8552.017400
    Assigning gridNumber 1 to new carId 1001
    Sent handshake response for car 1001 connection 0 with 1378 bytes
    1 Driver(s) detected, starting session
    SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.976505 e:0.999999 r:0.989746
    Detected sessionPhase <waiting for drivers> -> <pre session> (Qualifying)
    Updated leaderboard for 1 clients (Qualifying-<pre session> 15 min)
    Associated: connId 0, now 11156
    Detected sessionPhase <session> -> <session> (Qualifying)
    Late lastUdpPaketReceived for connId 0: 2871 ms (Drozdz Witkowski)
    Late lastUdpPaketReceived for connId 0: 3873 ms (Drozdz Witkowski)
    Late lastUdpPaketReceived for connId 0: 4874 ms (Drozdz Witkowski)
    Late lastUdpPaketReceived for connId 0: 5877 ms (Drozdz Witkowski)
    Disconnecting connId 0 after 5s due to setting ignorePrematureDisconnects=false
    Removing dead connection 0  (last lastUdpPaketReceived 5881)
    Alive connections: 0
    car 1001 has no driving connection anymore, will remove it
    Alive cars: 0
    0 client(s) online
    No drivers around, resetting session
    Resetting race weekend
    Reset time to friday night: 140408 -> 0
    SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.976505 e:0.999999 r:0.990249
    Detected sessionPhase <session> -> <waiting for drivers> (Qualifying)
    TCP connect returns: -1
    ==ERR: RegisterToLobby TCP connection failed, couldn't connect to the lobby server
    Trying to connect to lobby (1 times, interval 13000 s)
    TCP connect returns: 0
    RegisterToLobby succeeded
    Sent lobby registration request for brands_hatch
    Lobby accepted connection
    Lobby accepted connection
    TCPQueue now: 4
    New TCP incoming pakSizeMax, 0 => 2
    Server was running late for 1 step(s), not enough CPU power
    Updated lobby with 0 drivers
    Server was running late for 1 step(s), not enough CPU power
    New connection received 284
    1 client(s) online
    TCPQueue now: 526
    New TCP incoming pakSizeMax, 0 => 524
    Located entryListId -1 for connection 1 S76561198004574574
    New connection request: id 1 Drozdz Witkowski S76561198004574574 on car model 3
    Creating new car connection: carId 1001, carModel 3, raceNumber #1
    Special Rules for carid 1001:
            max_total_driving_time is 720 (from 240), pitCount 0
    startingTime is not set?
    Starting stint for car 1001 driver 0 at 45140.696800
    Updated lobby with 1 drivers
    Server was running late for 2 step(s), not enough CPU power
    Assigning gridNumber 1 to new carId 1001
    Server was running late for 3 step(s), not enough CPU power
    Sent handshake response for car 1001 connection 1 with 1378 bytes
    1 Driver(s) detected, starting session
    SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.976505 e:0.999999 r:0.984735
    Detected sessionPhase <waiting for drivers> -> <pre session> (Qualifying)
    Sent session update to lobby
    Updated leaderboard for 1 clients (Qualifying-<pre session> 15 min)
    Associated: connId 1, now 47666
    Detected sessionPhase <session> -> <session> (Qualifying)
    Late lastUdpPaketReceived for connId 1: 2432 ms (Drozdz Witkowski)
    Late lastUdpPaketReceived for connId 1: 3432 ms (Drozdz Witkowski)
    Late lastUdpPaketReceived for connId 1: 4433 ms (Drozdz Witkowski)
    Late lastUdpPaketReceived for connId 1: 5436 ms (Drozdz Witkowski)
    Disconnecting connId 1 after 5s due to setting ignorePrematureDisconnects=false
    Removing dead connection 1  (last lastUdpPaketReceived 5438)
    Alive connections: 0
    car 1001 has no driving connection anymore, will remove it
    Updated lobby with 0 drivers
    Alive cars: 0
    0 client(s) online
    No drivers around, resetting session
    Resetting race weekend
    Reset time to friday night: 140436 -> 0
    SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.976505 e:0.999999 r:0.994046
    Detected sessionPhase <session> -> <waiting for drivers> (Qualifying)
    Udp message count (0 clients): 19=2, 23=1,
    Config files are in the attachement.

I tried to use ACC Dedicated Server GUI, also I tried to delete all content of cfg folder for dedi to regenerate file in current folder - as someone suggested earlier. Nothing helps :/

Attached Files:

19. roszman

roszman Rookie

Yeah some nice dedi API would be great. SMS did quite good job there for AMS2/PC2.

While playing with ACC dedicated server I tried to get real time session information by programmaticaly scrapping console standard output - unfortunately I was able to read only till the "Listening to TCP 9232 | UDP 9231" message, there was nothing more after that.

Then I tried to read server.log in real time, but the problem was the same: server.log was updated only till the "Listening to TCP 9232 | UDP 9231" message, the rest of the log was updated after closing the server :/

I think it's due to the fact that ACC dedi spawns multiple child processes and stdout is not redirected to main process.

Kunos could you redirect stdout and stderr from child proceeses to main stdout and stderr? Maybe it's simple to implement and it will make reading real time data from ACC dedi a little easier. It's not perfect solution, but maybe it's cheap enough to pull it out?

P.S.
    Make some nice API for AC2 dedi pls ;)
    P.S. 2
    I know that propobly it would be better to create separate thread for such request, but I can't create new threads o_O

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  20. Mozza78

Mozza78 Rookie

Interesting. I'm trying to grab data from the server.log file but I can't find any consistency regarding when it gets updated. My server was running for days gathering all the logging data, and it was updating the log file during this time (without the server being restarted); but people joined the server last night and it didn't update the file until way after they'd left the server. So I'm not sure what's happening. I did some experimenting last night (joining and leaving the server) and I couldn't get it to update the log file at all after the 'Listening to TCP | UDP' line.

Unfortunately I spent the time developing a page to gather the logging data thinking that the log file was updated in real time, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Here was the page I developed:-

[​IMG]

The console does seem to be updated in real time for me. How did you do the scraping for this?