1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Results Companion

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Doug Duthie, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Doug Duthie

Doug Duthie Hardcore Simmer

@Niko31 / @unpierrot - sorry about that. It looks like the msi was corrupted. I've rebuilt and re-uploaded

Let me know if you have further difficulties

unpierrot and Niko31 like this.
  2. Niko31

Niko31 Gamer

@Doug Duthie ,

Yes it is working fine with the new package, thanks ! Consolidation race results is working fine. Just one remark, not a big issue for me, but it seems there is a refresh issue on "consolidate race results" action. After doing it, the UDP session is still appearing in the list, although the consolidation is working. It is disappearing after the next action you performed. But as I said, it is working, I think it's just a list refresh issue.

And you were right about my races on the previous screenshot, I can not pair it because as you said, the UDP session did not correspond. I think it is happening each time I quit a race and restart it.

Thanks for everything you are doing on ACC Result Companion.

3. unpierrot

unpierrot Racer

@Doug Duthie : New upload is working fine.

4. Doug Duthie

Yes - you're right. It looks to be missing the refresh after it completes (I think I put this in as a development/testing option originally so it wasn't fully refined).

I'll add it to the queue of things to be fixed

5. CookieMobster

CookieMobster Rookie

Hey @Doug Duthie , can you help me with a problem?
    I uploaded my documents folder to onedrive, and after discovering problems with it, I unuploaded all my folders. However my Companion App isn't working still as it can't record new sessions. Below are my log reports
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

6. Doug Duthie

Can you export the diagnostics (instructions at https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/page-34#post-3324812) and I'll have a look

EDIT: I've just had a thought. Did you change the location of ARC and or ACC? ARC stores it's location in the registry (in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACCResults). If you move the folder, you have to update the UserFolder key to point to the new location. In addition, if you move ACC data folder, you'll have to update the settings page in ARC to point to it

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  7. CookieMobster

CookieMobster Rookie

Hi Doug Duthie, thank you for the reply.
    I checked the UserFolder key and it's point to the current location of my ACResults folder, however it's still not recording sessions at all, so I cannot export diagnostics for them. However, in my most recently recorded session, the player they chose as "Player Car" is wrong and is not me. Diagnostic File: 3E26JWjPqKZFjiZnPz47x7xtQy3mZQHjeooYUFmW34U

Edit, User ID is : 3E26JWjPqKZFjiZnPz47x7xtQy3mZQHjeooYUFmW34U

I posted this issue on reddit a few days ago, and they told me it might be because uploading on OneDrive messed with file permissions? Is this a possible diagnosis.

Below I posted pictures of my "settings" page on ACCRC, my UserFolder key, and my ACResults documents directory
    Thank you again!

Attached Files:

8. CookieMobster

CookieMobster Rookie

Hey @Doug Duthie , I forgot to mention, but I did make new folders in an attempt to fix this issue, however, even when I changed my settings page to direct to the correct folders, no session was able to to be recorded (As displayed in my logs in my previous post)

9. Doug Duthie

I can't see anything bad in the logs. Can you explain what to did before it stopped working? Did you copy your documents across to OneDrive or did you point OneDrive to include C:\Users\XXXXXXX\Documents\? If the latter, make sure the ACCResults and ACC folders are configured to be available offline otherwise you'll get strange results. There isn't any issue running ARC from a OneDrive folder (I do this myself).

Next up - I couldn't see much happening from the diagnostics uploaded other than you replayed a lot of backups (was this in an attempt to re-create a database?). I can see you started a practice session in the AMG/Nurbugring at 17:58 and then it looks like it disconnected at 18:00. It doesn't seem to have recorded any other activity.

Can you upgrade to the latest version (1.16.8) as this has some memory fixes - If you click the "Install Latest Update" button in the top right, this should do it for you. Next, when ARC starts, change the logging level to SuperVerbose on the Log page
    upload_2022-9-22_17-27-39.png

Check your Firewall/Antivirus. Check ARC isn't blocked from file/directory access or accessing port 9000 (this should be fine as I do see some broadcast messages)

Now start a session and run at least one lap and exist the session. Check the ARC log page - wait until there are no new log messages. Now export the diagnostics again and let me know the time you started and finished the session and how many laps you ran.

10. CookieMobster

CookieMobster Rookie

Hi @Doug Duthie , I updated ACCCompanion and changed the language to SuperVerbose and now it appears to be working correctly, thanks for the help!!
    Diagnoistic ID: 3E26JWjPqKZFjiZnPz47x7xtQy3mZQHjeooYUFmW34U

To answer your questions above: I pointed OneDrive towareds XXX\Documents\, and then Companion App stopped working so i unsynced Documents from OneDrive but it still didn't work, which brought me to this forum.
    Yeah I replayed the backups to re-create a database

Thanks again!!

11. Doug Duthie

I'm guessing ARC or possibly ACC wasn't fully able to access information until OneDrive finished syncing.

Is everything ok now, or do I still need to look into anything?

12. CookieMobster

CookieMobster Rookie

@Doug Duthie , everything is fine now thank you so much for your help!

Doug Duthie likes this.
  13. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V1.16.9 Released (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acc-results-companion.28298/download)

Important Stability Fixes

This release includes 2 very important stability fixes

Free UDP Connections
    This is my own fault for taking the Kunos sample code and not paying too much attention to how it cleaned up the sockets when done (it is merely a sample and not production code after all).

Basically, when a UDP connection attempt was made, and failed, the socket was not being freed. Given ARC polls for a UDP connection, the available sockets would eventually be consumed if left running for a long time. The result would be that eventually, sessions would not be recorded.

This fixes that and also counts the number of UDP client connections made to ACC in the SHM widget (Broadcast->UdpConections).

Leaderboard Widget Memory Leak
    If using the Leaderboard widget (I acknowledge that few people do), this had a memory leak when the leaderboard was rebuilt. This happened every time a driver joined or left the session. For multiplayer, this was especially noticeable as the entry list changes frequently. The net result is that after as little as 2 or 3 sessions, an out of memory condition would be reached which would crash the leaderboard and potentially crash ARC as well.

This release fixes the worst of the memory leaks (the leaderboard isn't constantly rebuilt and manages resources a bit better). After this release, I'll double check other potentially areas

Other Stuff
    Various tooltips fixed and the brake bias for Honda NSX EVO fixed (The SHM documentation was incorrect)

Diagnostics
    A quick reminder, if you have an issue with ARC, you can provide diagnostics (instructions at https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/acc-results-companion.172267/page-34#post-3324812) - be sure to let me know on this forum so I know who the diagnostics are for and what the issue is

Finally
    Thanks again for all those who have donated - I really appreciate it

Cirith Ungol, AndyK70 and Niko31 like this.
  14. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Hey Doug, I wanted to change some overlays and also clicked on the button "Appearance" and as expected the overlays went into test mode and cycled through different stages. so far so good... but I did not see any possibility to end this mode...
    ...until some frustrating minutes and a search in this thread later, I found out the appearance dialog was "hiding" behind the main ACCRC window, where the OK button was.
    Please make that appearance dialog stay on top when you have some time. :)

15. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion 1.16.10 Released (here)

Dark Mode
    A couple of people have requested this as they found the default colours too bright.

A bit of background first. I developed ARC in WinForms mainly to prototype it quickly, with the intention of doing it properly in WPF. However, I've never gotten around to doing this, so I'm stuck at the moment with a lot of legacy Winforms restrictions - particularly, poor support for dark mode. This update, allows you to switch to a dark mode where a lot of the controls are changed correctly, however there are some notable exceptions
    • The main tab control really objects to dark mode. I'll write my own to replace this in a future update
    • The dropdown boxes are partially supported (the buttons are still in the original colours). I think I can change this
    • Check/radio boxes look a bit weird as I can't override the button background - I'll probably write my own
    • A lot of controls may look strange when disabled - I can't override the disabled font colour yet
    • I've still got to convert the context menus
    • Scrollbars are in the original style so look ugly in dark mode. This will probably not change until I migrate to WPF
    [​IMG] Given all the above, if you want to use dark mode, you can switch to it on the settings page.

The default dark mode colours and fonts may be customised to your taste. Left click on the Dark Mode Control/Window buttons to change the background colour. Right click to change the font colour.
    • Control - Defines the dark mode colour for the main controls
    • Window - Defines the background colour for windows/list boxes etc
    BUGFIX - SP cars
    The was a bug with SP sessions where the car list wasn't always correctly re-initialised on consecutive sessions. The result would be that either the car would be identified as the Porsche or no player car could be found

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    Niko31 likes this.
  16. Doug Duthie

Good point - that is annoying.

I'll add to the list

AndyK70 likes this.
  17. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

by the way... when you're at it... :oops:
    I have a multi monitor config (not nvidia surround) and when I moved the leaderboard widget overlay on my right monitor it stayed for that session, but when I started a next session it came back on my center/main/primary monitor.
    Dunno if it's complicated but could you have a look if you are able to have them stick at given position even on a different monitor?

18. Doug Duthie

Can you try setting Disable Screen Position Validation on the sysTray icon

upload_2022-10-22_11-50-9.png

That might stop it resetting. If not, I'll see if I can steal my son's monitor to do some testing across monitors

19. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Tried that, but unfortunately didn't help. As soon as a next session starts, the widget pops back onto primary monitor.

You need my log? should I enable Developer Mode and "Report Screen Positions" or do any other action?

20. Doug Duthie

ACC Results Companion V 1.16.11 Released (here)
    • Dark Mode - minor enhancements
    • BUGFIX: Bad message occasionally causing exception and preventing sessions from being saved

Niko31 likes this.