1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Best and worst FFB per car

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Paul Maidens, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Paul Maidens

Paul Maidens Gamer

Hi,

*Edited to try and make my question clearer*

I'd just like peoples opinions on which cars FFB gives you the most feedback of how the car is loosing or gaining grip. I find that there is allot of difference between some cars, with some feeling not as I'd expect to others feeling realistic.

The two I find furthest apart are the new Lotus GX/GTC feeling excellent and the Ferrari 599 feeling light with no feedback.

Does the Ferrari 599 really have steering this light in the real world?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Best and worst looking race tracks maps Nov 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room His 12 best cars, his 6 worst cars Dec 17, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Best version of Sebring Jan 6, 2024
    ACC General Discussions What is the best advice to fix understeer and oversteer Mar 11, 2023
    General modding discussion Whats the best way to use mods for AC ? Feb 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Seeking opinions for buying the best Jan 22, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Best way to setup reverse grid-second races offline? Jul 5, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Best settings for Nitro 5 with I7 11800H, RTX 3060 and 16 GB of Ram Jun 10, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Best Lap Problem Apr 18, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Dlss 2.3.9 is the best experience so far [Not recommended] Apr 15, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC G923 PS5 Best settings Force Feedback??? Feb 25, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Simple BestSetting VR for G2 3080ti 90fps Dec 17, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo Incorrect Lap shown as Best Lap on Q Dash Nov 29, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality About pull the pin - latest thoughts on best VR headset for ACC? Nov 5, 2021

3. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

the 458 also feels light, the ffb itself is good across all of the cars imo but just the weight of the wheel varies drastically on some cars where you might not expect it. At least with G27

4. Horus

Horus Alien

This might be wrong, but I thought most sports cars nowadays have power steering so they will be light/heavy until you adjusted that with your mechanics. As for the feel of the cars, yes some are lighter than others but they all seem fine by me. I still would like a slider for steering ration and steering strength in the garage, other than that I am a very happy Sim racer.

@ ears1991 100% on damper and spring effects in logitech profile? You don't like the insim feel do you. 87% gain, wow how much red do you see in your pedal app? :)

kalabaleek likes this.
  5. petesky

petesky Simracer

i find the open wheel racers have to best ffb, when you lose grip you can feel it...

6. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

IMHO one of the best aspect in AC is that unlikely other titles the ffb is very consistent between the various car. Sure the feedback changes depending on the nature of the car. Everything feels great and what matters is how much I like the driving style required from a particular car

7. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

In answer to the OP, I do not have a favorite, I like them all and I am very happy they are different.
    What is the Ferrari like in real life does not worry me, I trust that Kunos did their home work and this is how it is supposed to feel in comparison to the other.
    I am with Horus comment, first and most important is to have the right set up that allows the FFB information to reach the wheel.
    This means, the least interactions as possible from the wheel brand driver, insure the in game FFB setting is not saturating ( no red in the gray bar) and ( for me at least) all can effect at zero.

Big Engine likes this.
  8. alex72

alex72 Alien

I thought a guy gave his testimony of the 599XX EVO that it was very close to real life. Yeah, someone that had driven it IRL. Its somewhere here on the forums i think.

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I think the sim has a decent stab at recreating the sort of steering feel you'd realistically get in each car type.

The road cars have road car steering feel, the race cars have race car steering feel.

10. Big Engine

Big Engine Simracer

Same thing happened with lotus 2-11 and ferrari 458

11. Paul Maidens

Paul Maidens Gamer

I really struggle to drive the 599XX EVO (sorry I put FXX on the original post o_O) because of the FFB.

12. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...eels-official-thread.3295/page-26#post-110729 See Luca's post... Im aware games like rfactor should have these set to 0 as the damping is generated by realfeel plugin and the like, but from what i can tell AC does not work in the same way, having damping on 0 makes the wheel ridiculously light in some cars.

Mogster likes this.
  13. Horus

Horus Alien

That might be true but you will feel the car better once you are used to driving not fighting a car. There is a good strength of feedback and then there is just going to the gym feedback. It's up to the individual to either feel what the sim/game is giving or addon feel from another program. I like to feel the car, track and the subtle moments in between, in AC there are these feedback touches that are nowhere else and if you just want to have a fight with your wheel you will lose those moments. It's all personal preference, as if it really matters how you setup your own hardware or software, if you have a huge smile on your face at the end of the day. :D

Snarffu likes this.
  14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I think its worth at least trying Kunos's default settings in game and profiler. Trying to 'port' settings from other games just doesn't seem to work.

Setting overall 107% in profiler seems to help with the lack of feel around the centre position in some cars. It does make cornering forces quite heavy though. Apparently Kunos are working on new FFB code, I've not seen an ETA for that though.

15. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

I go with momo racing ffb wheel and

best ff-feeling : F40
    worst ff-feeling: formula abarth (i just feel nothing through the steering...no bumps, over-understeer etc.)

16. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

I think this can be really deceptive. When I first tried the t125 I had the impression that it was way too light and far too easy to drive. Now I'm closer to the limit I'm really impressed by the ffb - my 1st impressions were wrong and this is easily my favourite car.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  17. Pretty pointless thread IMO....FFB is determined by so many factors I'm not sure any two people are feeling the exact same thing. How you have your wheel set up, how you have your in game settings, and how hard you are pushing the car all go into the FFB that you feel.

That being said, the 599XX does have the 'weirdest' feel out of all the cars to me...it's better since they updated it, but at times the wheel is still light and twitchy.

18. Paul Maidens

Paul Maidens Gamer

Dr Smile thanks for being the first to actually give me an answer regarding my OP. ;)

19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

everyone did, but their answers were way more advanced

Phil64 likes this.
  20. vivd

vivd Racer

As ears said,the 458 feels somewhat lighter shall we shall.

21. Paul Maidens

Paul Maidens Gamer

I suppose a gaming wheel can only give a certain amount of feedback compared to the real thing. It would be nice to feel what a full butt kicker setup through simvibe could add to the experience.