1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos announces multiplayer date

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Benjamin Joel, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Marsh

Darren Marsh Racer

I hope they have some US servers as well. Preferably AU servers down the line. 350-400ms pings from Aus/NZ to EU isn't going to work.

Wonder how much it will cost to book a server.

Jason Madigan likes this.
  2. Dan253

Dan253 Gamer

This is exactly what I was thinking..multi user races such as endurance where two guys drive the same car, much like RFactor hot-swapping!

3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

A newbie question, as it might be common to MP... what is Refresh Ping for?

4. Bean0

Bean0 Gamer

It will re-ping each server without refreshing the whole server list.

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks. I presume to check if it's at an acceptable speed? If so, what then should be a minimum, acceptable speed, for reference?

6. dr.solveberg

dr.solveberg Racer

You always want the server with the least amount of ping, everything below 100ms will be fine though.

sherpa25 likes this.
  7. Bean0

Bean0 Gamer

I'd say anything under 150ms is ok, but lower is better.

As an example, from the UK to iRacings US servers is about 130ms, from UK to iRacing AUS servers is about 400ms.

sherpa25 likes this.
  8. meyo

meyo Rookie

All mentioned are multiplayer online games. It may be pointless to rejoin a race where you lost 2 or more rounds, but imagine you're racing with friends, you get a disconnect after few laps and you have to wait until they are finished. Better to have an option to let him rejoin then, so he can still go on, enjoying the competition with his mates though he has no chance to win anymore (would be different with a slightly slower bot taking his position). I still think its a good function, maybe with the option to turn it off for guys like you. What do you think about those guys in F1 competing for ranks 18 and above? "Don't race, you'll end up with +3 laps anyways"?
    It's not only about winning, it's about the enjoyment. Don't ruin it.

ov1diu likes this.
  9. Majnu

Majnu Racer

hurry up with the update so I can feel the

[​IMG]

:D

Shaddix, Nuk3m and rzr1 like this.
  10. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Simracer

The rejoin feature is brilliant imo, iRacing uses this feature and on a few occasions I can recall rejoining and continuing on to take podium positions after loosing 2 whole laps in endurance races, Daytona 2.4 and Daytona 500 for example, very long races that go on for several hours ... my greatest result in the 500 came after some 3 hours and 45 minutes of driving ...

Imagine putting in many hours, weeks of practicing even to enter a long endurance race only to have your internet provider to fail you at a critical time ... then this option is like a silver lining on a grey cloud in your simracing career :)

11. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

yeah release it after 17:00 eu time as usual :)
    @ work now till 16:30

12. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Again you are using speculative examples. F1 drivers are not on track to have fun with their mates. The team gets paid per lap by their sponsors, so the more TV airtime they catch, the more money the team receives. They also may use the track time for testing because of the testing restrictions imposed by the FIA. These things have nothing to do with sim racing.
    Please don't misquote me by suggesting I'm trying to ruin your fun. I was sharing my opinion and suggested KS allow an option which could restrict when a player can join a session. A simple tick box would be suffice.
    As for endurance races, again speculation. Considering Kunos has already said they have no plans for pitstops in the immediate future, don't hold your breath for 4 hour races without using some form of workaround.

13. Roland Osza

Roland Osza Simracer

I don't really like the UI, to be honest. Seems a bit complicated, with all that booking and waiting time, pop-up window and then joining. Why can't it be as simple as LFS' solution? ->
    I really hope it's not the same story as it was with NkP, that you have to disconnect to be able to change car, track, weather, etc.... Then rejoin, wait for another session...

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    Kegetys, Xenix and AbalS2000 like this.
  14. wildstyle

wildstyle Rookie

Agreed.

15. icemanpolo

icemanpolo Racer

16. Angelo

Angelo Racer

Argh!... Can we bend the very fabric of space-time to shorten the waiting?

17. GrimDad

GrimDad Racer

Can we please have some info on the ports required to host server

Saliiim and Nuk3m like this.
  18. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Just seeing a server without knowing when the race starts is very useless. Booking is the best way to ensure many players join the same race before the start.

CrzBonKerz, ov1diu and tkrisz2 like this.
  19. MattyB

MattyB Rookie

Breath my friend...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.