1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Unofficial Multiplayer Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by NeverKrash, May 18, 2014.

1. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

maybe we don't understand each other...
    I'm talking of the attacking pilot, if he has or not the right of trying to overtake , that's the key (I think), we have limited view, an as you say it's difficult for the defending driver to undersant if he's is 1/3 or 1/2 way in, so in this case is the attacker, that decides if to be a d%£&K or a gentleman.
    we're on the same side mate;)

anyway, quite complex point

Backmarker likes this.
  2. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Like a prost :D

NeverKrash likes this.
  3. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I think we are on the same page but looking at it from different perspectives, and perhaps somethings are lost in translation too.

Looking at it from the perspective of the defending driver, the way your theory is worded is that it's OK for the defending driver to turn in on the attacking driver if the attacking driver is less than 1/2 alongside the defender. My argument is, if the attacking driver has nowhere to go, there will be a collision and the defending driver would be at fault.

Backmarker likes this.
  4. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Principals applied by both of us when racing last night? That was you in the grA wasn't it?

5. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

Yes. ;) And applied by Alessandro (iirc his name) who was very close too during 2-3 laps.

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  6. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Yes there were some good battles, respect ;)

7. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

I understand, but is the attaking driver witch has put him self in that situation, that's the point, should not try if there's no space for it...
    any way, I'll stop, this discussion could go on for years;)

Let's hope to all meet on track and have a fair and fun race...peace:)

8. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Any way, just to ask : in this video there's a failed attempt of a pilot trying to overtake me on the "parabolica" at Monza. Did I do something wrong?
    As a gentleman, I did everything nicely 1)protect my positon, 2)use clear body language telling the other pilot "no way you'll get pass me in the inner line" and 3) give him space for his Kamikaze attempt, while I had all the right of going wide.
    We can tell defending pilot to leave space, but it's the attacking pilot witch as the responsability to understand where and where not go...

9. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

It looks like there may have been a little lag at work there.

From what I can see, you left him room to go round the outside and it looks like he turned into you (although it may have been lag), so he was in the wrong.
    If you hadn't left him room and squeezed him off the track then you would be in the wrong.

Either way, there are two cars off the track....

Horus, Backmarker and mangal like this.
  10. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

yeah lag is annoing, I think that the common problem in overtaking, is that the attacker usually waits your braking(as you se in the video,not thinking that you're already braking at the limit).
    Knowing peolple, in the video I've decided to close the inner line, thinking that the other pilot would try anything to get through, and if I have kept the external line, he would probably divebomb me because of too late braking...
    Any way, the guy didn't give my position back, and also called me"noob"... a real gentleman:cool:

11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

To give a recent example that I encountered on a server that I 'admin' (please Kuno's give us some admin tools soon :p)....

I was chasing someone out of the first chicane in Monza. I was gaining on him and wanted to pass on his left. He glided across the track and squeezed me onto the dirt and I lost about 5 or 6 positions. If the kick/ban button was available serverside, he would have been insta-banned. It's just not good etiquette and it could have caused major problems for following cars too.

It's always best to play it safe because you don't know who you might upset ;)

But in your video you left him room so you were not to blame.

cunnu79 likes this.
  12. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Yeah that is lag he might off touched you while avoiding going outside, but the collisions in this game is like that 2 cars going @ 60Km/h a slight touch a paint rub if anything and bam there you go. He might of started sliding or something to touch you in the first place, but nothing he could of done or any of us would of done.

13. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

I wonder how A.I. works in overtaking...if has some kind of rule or something...

14. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

think that he started sliding and hit me...
    If Iwas him, I've lift a bit of gas and get back into drafting trying to overtake on straight...correct me if I'm wrong, but I've got the feeling that the Mclaren is a bit faster on straights and z4 is stronger in braking and with this knowledge his attempt was a bit miscalculated...

15. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Well you know In heat of the battle, I have done pretty stupid stuff, and Knowing myself I would not lifted off either. But really depends on the situation you don't know what you would of done in that situation until you are in one.

cunnu79 likes this.
  16. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

exactly, and there comes the difference between the rookie and the experinced driver, and in most of the situations, is the attacker who has a better view of the action and distance between cars, and as a difender I can only guess your position with mirrors and the help of the red triangle on screen...

17. f.gek

f.gek Hardcore Simmer

To clarify ..
    you called me nuibbo ..
    and then you said to me "babbo"
    I'll put my replay as soon as possible and you will see a different movie. There is a little lag, but i see you crash into my car and not my into your.
    I think you're not the right person to talk about the code of ethics.

for me it is a normal braking without any risk, the last two laps I was faster than 2 seconds at every turn,
    probably you had the soft tires and I medium. but it is you who have offended me. could also be a racing incident,

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its ON

[​IMG]

I was going to suggest its hard to say in an MP incident unless you see both replays as the lag may be quite different and both cars may have held their line and cars lagged towards the middle causing contact as a basic MP racing incident.

No point getting all agro about it even check the incident I had here with a little love tap at the hairpin @ 1:30 from my point of view it looks like a deliberate punt off using me as a brake. I cant be sure its not lag and really I dont get agro or care that much, its just a basic virtual race and I had some fun trying to get back through the pack. The guy had the fastest car but I passed him because he made a mistake, I found out at the back of the pack it gets even messier but even with lag and all I managed to avoid contacting anyone. That is all you can do and hope others try the same if they dont there is no point crying over it or getting too upset just move on. Some people just want the virtual sheep station more then you and at times its good just to let them take it. :D

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  19. cunnu79

cunnu79 Racer

Mate....
    1st)on qualify the only thing you could see was my shadows
    2nd)the last 2 laps where quite boaring driving alone, so I din't push to much
    3rd)I left you all the space you needed
    4th)train mate, it was your mistake, a stupid mistake
    5th) I also had medium...

I apolozige for offending you...but pushing me out an taking my 1st position was not realy nice, a gentleman would have waited me and gave me back my position...but obviuly you where running for a championship...

I really want to see your replay...

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  20. bogani

bogani Simracer

The lag is making me look like a real idiot sometimes by hitting people without intent. There still are some real douchebags out there in the public lobbies that skip chicanes and charge ppl from behind without a single nudge on the brakes, but I did expect that.