1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia GeForce Driver 337.88 WHQL released

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TTM, May 26, 2014.

1. TTM

TTM Alien

Nvidia just released new driver 337.88.

Any thoughts? I didn't noticed any difference between older and new WHQL drivers with AC. :( Game runs ok, but i still wait updated SLI profile..

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions NVIDIA GeForce preview, interview Jul 15, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Graphic messed up after updating Nvidia Geforce driver Jan 15, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Problem with using Nvidia Geforce Experience for optimisation Nov 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room NVidia GeForce Experience Optimizer for AC? Jun 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Nvidia Geforce 1080 - 1070 announced! May 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M SLI will it run AC...well? Mar 14, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Resolution changes after uninstalling nvidia Geforce Experience Dec 23, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game will not launch - stuck 'Initializing UI' when Nvidia surround is enabled. Jun 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Nvidia driver 531.68 issues. Apr 28, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality [ACC] [VR] [OpenXR] [OpenComposite] High-clarity settings for HP Reverb G2 on Nvidia RTX3080 Nov 12, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality nVidia 522.25: 5-10% performance boost on 3080 Oct 13, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Possible Nvidia dual drive causes fatal crash Oct 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error Crash [nvwgf2umx.dll - nvidia drivers] Aug 25, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality NVIDIA 512.XX vs 516.XX Aug 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Windows11 + nvidia surround in game resolution issue Jun 17, 2022

3. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Waiting for an sli profile? There has been one in there for I don't know how long but it is in there. I am running SLI gtx670's with triple monitors.

EDIT: Sorry, just read your post right. What are you needing in an update? What's going on with your rig?

4. TTM

TTM Alien

I get better framerate with single gfx card than two with single screen setup, so i think there is something wrong with sli profile. All other games runs fine with triple or single screen setup.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  5. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

oooh ok yeah I could see how that would be a problem so I just ran some tests with the new driver. I think your problem is with AC and not the drivers.

For example. Using MSI Afterburner I show anywhere from 50- high 70% GPU utilization. Doesn't use anymore.

If I then press ALT+TAB when I am on the grid it jumps to 90-99%, both cards and the stutter is significantly reduced.

Maybe that will help you and yes I run full screen but ALT-TAB always makes a huge difference. If I don't have Vsync on I can sometimes double my FPS. With Vsync on the FPS always stays at 60 but the GPU usage ramps right up to where it should be. Every time.

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Newer drivers probably mostly for watch dogs. I would guess, great game btw.

Dunno how much effort nvidia will put into sli profiles for AC when it's not retail.

7. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I would be beside myself if I had two 780 Ti's and didn't see a HUGE improvement in AC. Subscribing to this thread. Hope you get it sorted out.

Dick Forrest likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Well IMO sli is often far more bother than its worth. Wholly dependent upon driver and game support. And often times a lot of people i see having issues with stuff seem to be running sli while my single gpu happily plays stuff fine.

9. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

This is true to a point. It is very much the same as a modified car imo. Stock standard works good all the time and is very exceptable but when you trick it up to race it becomes unreliable and cantankerous..... but fast.

Just like a race car it is worth the time and effort to tune the thing because when it is working is sure does leave that stock standard for dead.

For the last 4 or five years I halve always run the best bang for buck cards (*70's) in SLI and wouldn't go back. They are worth the trouble and for the most part my little race car here is pretty reliable and a single couldn't hope to keep up with what I ask of the SLI's.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Well i went from a 440gt, card a not made for gaming card, and a c2d@3.75ghz and was running last gen games at 720p fine on my old lcd tv.

Upgraded to a 770gtx a 1080p lcd, and an I7-4820 and running watch dogs on mostly ultra settings.

Depends on the resolution you want to run also and the graphic fidelity you demand wholly. Old school gamer i remember the days you would turn down all the quake 2 gfx options to try and get 100s of fps so i do not mind turning off a few options here and there if need be to get the frames i need. Most effects in games i loathe anyway from motion blur to well dof i am ok with but my dof is what my eye and my brain are choosing to focus on in a game so some games i rather not have dof. Shadows another general thing that a gfx fidelity is not that huge from higher settings to lower.

AA i hate jaggies so i run as much of that as i can but heck if need be.......but AA is the last thing i want to not run.

I got a big enough psu though for sli 1000w corsair, gold rated i think, so if anyone wants to donate hit me up ill let you know how it goes for me lol. But yea i would rather run a bit lower res and run things at higher settings which my current setup seems to be doing now for these "next gen" games yawn so tired of marketing pr.

11. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

If I was only running a 1080 then I would probably be in the same mind, but running triples and wanting it to look great means 1 card just isn't going to do it unless it is insanely priced... thus the bang for buck cards in sli.

12. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I have between +0 to +10 fps increase in AC depending on track, place on track and no. of opponents with the new nvidia drivers using the settings in my sig.
    Overall a small, but good improvement compared to the beta drives which I had them un-installed because they were worse than old WHQL ones. I was having lower fps with them.

13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Strange as I had a good boost with SLI on my setup over the last few builds and beta drivers. I havent tried this yet but was using the last few recent beta builds that helped quite a bit when cpu limited. SLI works quite well on my setup at 4k res was doing quite well on a single 2560x1440 screen before that.

What are your ingame settings and what fps are you getting?

14. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

You've played Watch Dogs already, Cerebus? Glad you like it, it unlocks for me at 21:00 PST tonight. As for the new drivers and AC, of course I get the appeal of triples and SLI but I'm relieved to be running AC on one decent-sized monitor with a GPU that delivers very high FPS on that one display.

15. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

@Shrubbo, just wish to clarify re Alt-Tab, you do this to go to desktop and Alt-Tab again to go back to AC? And doing it from AC main menu, or inside the window before driving?

To others, would a GTX 770 be enough for triples (650W psu) at 1080?

16. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Good thing you clarified, no I am slightly retarded. It should read ALT+ENTER ... hahah fail me :D

Also I do it every time the track loads when the camera is panning around the car. Works every time.

17. Popeye

Popeye Gamer

sherpa25 likes this.
  18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

LOL. Ok, I believe Alt-Enter toggles between full screen and windowed mode? So what then do you run the game after pressing Alt-Enter, full or windowed?

19. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Yes that is what alt+enter is meant to do but I have the game set to run in full screen mode already. It's kind of like the "run full screen" doesn't actually work and only alt+enter gets it there. I never used to worry (notice) about it because I saw 60fps but when I was checking the drivers out today I had the g27 displaying MSI afterburner info on the cards and that's when I noticed how much the processors were getting used.... and the difference, stutters way less. A my present resolution 4320x900 that would be practically none at all.

sherpa25 likes this.
  20. André57

André57 Racer

I have notice a an FPS increase since that driver update M y rig is nothing compare to yours so every slight improovee is welcome. 10 FPS is big out of 30.:eek:

TTM likes this.
  21. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

Yes, its should be enough, my monitors are old and they are 1680x1050, im runing triples, you can see my settings at my signature, the game is smooth, and looks nice, i think it would be almost the same result in 1080p!

sherpa25 likes this.