1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Race Department guide to car setups

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mogster, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Mogster

Mogster Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room RaceDepartment ACC club races May 20, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Vote for ACC at Racedepartment Oct 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Race Department Interview about ACC Mar 6, 2018
    Screens & Videos Competitive and clean MX5 Cup race at RaceDepartment.. enjoy the fun battles May 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Racedepartment premium races Feb 23, 2017
    Sounds modding New Clio III RS Mod on Racedepartment Jan 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room race department down?? May 23, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Race Department redirection May 12, 2016
    Tracks modding Unnamed Desert Road Project Moving to RaceDepartment for now.. see first post.. Apr 17, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Formula 1 skin mods removed from RaceDepartment after Copyright claim Mar 30, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Racedepartment interview with Kunos Mar 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Racedepartment weird ad spam? Sep 26, 2015
    Chit Chat Room More details on 1.2 from racedepartment Jul 29, 2015
    Chit Chat Room 24hours lemans live streaming racedepartment Jun 13, 2015
    Online Leagues / Championships room Racedepartment - thrustmaster australian formula master May 19, 2015

3. Komeuppance

Komeuppance Gamer

Nice.

Section 7 has a secret setup that will make you automatically 3-4 seconds faster, on any track, in any car.

-Robert

Tim Meuris and GrimDad like this.
  4. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

5. alex72

alex72 Alien

Interesting stuff. Lots to be desired in AC regarding visual aid when changing setups. Just 1 example, changing PSI. If we had 2D graphical representation on the side (where the static white 2D car is) that is dynamic and showed as how air is going out and changing the tyres shape, that would be nice. Now i only know that more PSI is more air in the tyres, but i dont know when its too much, too little or perfect in each of the tyres we have.

Looking at that image they have regarding the tyre pressure its hard to know in AC when each of those 3 states happen. At what PSI on all the cars we have.

Hope theres something done about this later on in AC. :) Either visually on the actual car or some 2D graphics that changes as we tune the cars.

6. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

After a few laps, your middle temp should be inbetween the inside and outside temps (am i preaching to the choir here?)

But yeah, a graphic would be nice.

7. alex72

alex72 Alien

Not sure how to see inside and outside temps when AC is only showing core temps so far? Or was it updated? I have tyre app but cant see in/out temps. Also, of course i meant more stuff to be shown. I think LFS had that (or another sim... cant remember atm) ,when you changed something like toe/camber etc etc you saw it graphically. Easier than just having numbers and nothing visual. ;)

8. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

On the setup screen, it shows all three temps of each tyre. I did manage to get this same screen as an on-track app, but it uses LastTyreTemp or something like that, so only updates when you go back to pits (gutted!!), but it`s there and has been for ages. How have you not seen it?? lol

9. keith dixon

keith dixon Racer

Seems to be a lot of confusion with regards pressures and temps, all your looking to do is balance all 4 tyres, most fast guys that run track days have at least a 3 to 4lb split on the fronts sometimes more, and with the GT cars your looking at about a 5 degree difference outside to in to keep the temp spread even across the tyre through the corners, low speed dampers are used to fine tune the handling through the corners and it's not a given that rebounds are going to be higher than bump especially on the front of the car

10. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah... Not sure lol. :D Im still not satisfyed with jumping numbers all over. Its not intuitive for people that arent too well versed with setups. You basically just get setups from others without really having a clue. Its my opinion that it should be updated later on. I have guys i race with that been here and in other sims that still arent sure how to balance a car. Especially all the damper/spring/rebound settings.

And in real life (and in LFS? Old as hell sim) you can actually look at your physical car when emptying pressure from the tyres and see if it looks good or not.

Just would be nice to have a setup screen that is more intuitive so you dont have to be a real life race mechanic to get into it. Just a little better. I have no issues going online and read about setups (already did), but we have many cars and they are different so theres a lot to learn. :) - which is fun (thats why i like sims), but if LFS could have a better setup section and physical representation so can AC - me thinks.

Ricky Reject likes this.
  11. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I second that emotion. It doesn't necessarily have to be anything fancy, but a visual representation that would change for instance the camber/toe when making adjustments would be a good feature; be it a full blown rendered version of the car or just a white line representing the tire and angles...

alex72 likes this.
  12. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah. I posted this as suggestion a couple month back. When going for example to the camber/toe section the white 2D car on the right changes to picture the car from front/back/top and when changing the numbers you actually see the wheels moving step by step as you tweak. Its been done before and gives a better overview to those not super skilled with setups.

I know its much to code to implement this for all cars, but i wish just something little more intuitive would be nice. Without physical represenation on the car itself or 2D, and just a bunch of numbers - it gets a bit hard to get into.

13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The only confusing aspect I've found was the way the values you change on the left relate to the values on the car on the right. Now I understand that, everything is OK.

It would be useful to have a complete setup comparison screen with everything on it. That way you could compare a downloaded setup with yours at a glance.

14. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  15. r3ck0n

r3ck0n Racer

YES!!!! I read section 7 very very thoroughly and I am now at LEAST 2 secs faster everywhere!!!

+1!!!

Now onto Phase Three: Profit!!

Komeuppance likes this.
  16. Toonces

Toonces Rookie

George Siebert (the "physics is cool" author) seems to misunderstand the nomenclature. There is no "First" bounce or rebound. I think he's referring to "Fast" jounce/rebound...as opposed to "Slow" jounce/rebound. Older shocks had only jounce and rebound (or, as the Brits say, "bump" and "droop"). "Fast" refers to how the damper reacts to fast inputs (quick pulses, like bumps in the road). "Slow" is how the shock reacts to slow inputs, like weight transfer or body roll. "Fast" jounce mainly affects handling (that is, grip). "Slow" affects driveability (that is, how quickly the car responds). The rebound settings effect how quickly/efficiently the shock on the inside of the curve "unloads" the suspension, and is mostly used to control the "tank-slapper" aftereffects on the car that cause it to oscillate.

17. Eduardo Aguiar

Eduardo Aguiar Hardcore Simmer

Laping Nordschleife under 6s after reading sectio 7. Amazing stuff.

18. It's so secret that it's invisible.

19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

section 7 "how to add VTEC"

20. Ends at Section 6 for me. Not that I'm bothered :)