1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it possible to mod automatic gearbox?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TheBestBeast, Jun 2, 2014.

1. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Hey everyone!

Since I have started playing this wonderful game I was really happy with the game and how it feels with Xbox360 controller. As you all know it's kinda strange to manually shift gears with a controller so I have decided to set gearbox to auto. While I was/am playing I have noticed that automatic gearbox is not shifting pretty good as it should. So here is my question: Is it possible to somehow mod or change when will gears change - especially for downshifting? This would be really good because downshifting in automatic mod is terrible for me :( It changes gears so late.

This question is referred also to Kunos. Are you going to do something about this or automatic shifting will stay as it is?

Thank you for your answers!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it possible to enter the broadcasting mode in PS4? Oct 29, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Is it possible to change your car in Career mode? Jul 17, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Is it possible to block the server so that everyone uses a single car model? Feb 1, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Is it possible to reset ghost car in HotLap mode? Dec 21, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Mod that seems to make night racing in AC possible? (Working headlights) Jun 3, 2018
    General modding discussion Possible Car Football Mod? Dec 25, 2017
    Suggestions Is it possible to mod vr head movements? Sep 18, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Possible source for Countach sound mod? Oct 16, 2016
    General modding discussion Is it possible to override camera settings in mod cars. Jul 25, 2016
    General modding discussion Cars Modding. What are Limitations ? How to keep car model file as light as possible ? Jul 2, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes [REQUEST] An "hotseat mode" app is possible? Jan 28, 2016
    General modding discussion Is modding just the physics possible? Oct 12, 2015
    General modding discussion Possible to mod the ui? Sep 24, 2015
    General modding discussion Is it possible to make 3d variants of cars in the same model? Aug 20, 2015
    General modding discussion Possible to get sketchup models in game? Aug 9, 2015

3. r3ck0n

r3ck0n Racer

I completely disagree. It's REALLY easy to shift gears manually using the two shoulder buttons for upshift and downshift.
    Either use "Auto Blip" or "Auto Clutch" and it's a snap.

I personally don't use the handheld controllers for racing games, but my buddy is a die hard console guy and just would NOT try this without his controller, so I helped him set it up.

The way I described above he is almost as fast as I am running no assists and a G27 wheel.

Try it, I bet you get the hang of it really fast because it's so natural.

4. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

I didn't say its hard to shift but it feels strange to me :p I am forcing my shifts over the automatic mode but what interests me why is downshifting in such a "lazy form" :D
    It's kinda strange when it stays lets say in 4th gear when you know it should be in the 3rd gear. That's all what bothers me.

I am still deciding to buy a driving force GT wheel but personally I think this game is in the best place when it goes to a controller support. That's why I feel comfortable using a controller :D

5. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I used to shift with X and B for years and it felt completely normal. Maybe if you just force yourself to do it for a while you'll get used to it.

6. The Entity

The Entity Hardcore Simmer

I shift using X (down) and A (up). It was strange in the beginning cause I was also used to use automatic shifting. Now it feels natural and it's strange to drive an automatic car :D

7. teter833

teter833 Gamer

I would like to know too. I have gt3 v2 and last week somethink broken and all my buttons ( including paddle) doesn't work. So now i have to drive automatic. I even can't use buttons on keyboard or can i?