1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Do any decent drivers still play public servers?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Matty28, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

When MP first came out servers most of the time had a good amount of players in them and probably 1/3 of the time I'd have a good race where I'm at least racing against 1 person. Now though, it seems that somewhere in the region of 1/10 races I actually have someone to race against. I'm either miles ahead of everyone, get crashed off the track on the first corner (or everyone else does), am in a game with about 3 people (again, slower or not playing properly), half the players leave or everyone is 0 ping pre-booked. Is everyone in locked league servers or something? It seems to be at all times of the day as well.

Queequeg and Shaddix like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Screenshots & Videos How To Run Assetto Corsa Competizione In VR With Decent FPS, Decent Graphics & No Floating Cars Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions [Solved] I need help: Trying to build a decent Simracing PC (5760x1080@60) Dec 18, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Wheels finally have a decent shading (thanks a ton Ilja!) Sep 20, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Need a decent H–Shifter? Why not take a Gearbox... Nov 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room AC IS a F***Ing Decent SIM!!! Jun 13, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Finally, a decent wheel for our t300 is coming Sep 8, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Menu decentered May 11, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos please make a decent penaltys for race Mar 13, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Where can i find a decent online server? Feb 6, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues My wheel gets decentered after sudden movements Jan 12, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Main menù decentered screen Aug 22, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues G25 decentralized in game May 24, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Is this a decent laptime at monza in a Lotus Evora GX? Apr 24, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuttering on a decent machine with AMD hybrid crossfire Jan 26, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Logitech G25 decentrato Nov 14, 2013

3. alex72

alex72 Alien

Im decent in the way that i race clean, and that i have patience for practise and qualy. Even if my setup and testing is done i let everyone else use the time they need, and when i race i rather stay clean than win if i have to. And i can honestly tell you that public races are very very annoying. Yes, you can be lucky like in all games and meet cool people, but too often its the muppet show in there.

I also opened my server a bunch of times, and same there - sometimes really cool people, but also very often the same. Crashers, no patience at all: vote skip, vote skip, leave if not nr 1 in the race, half of the grid in pit doing nothing - for the whole race etc etc.

I must be lucky though - or i was a little ambitious in the beginning when i came to the forum. Made friends first week and now we are a gang of almost 10. And they are all really cool nice guys, and good drivers. All it took was reaching out in the forum and get some steam buddies and some steam voice chat on that. And we keep adding more and more people - snowball effect. Everybody knows someone. :) So what im trying to say is that we dont really need to go public even though we do for a laugh once in a while, and you guys can do the same. We are always open to more clean racer buddies preferably in europe for good ping. And no need to be pro. Thats what practise is for. We all share one thing in common though - we have a strong passion for AC and sims.

Sorry for wall of text and maybe a bit OT, but thats how i feel about it. :)

4. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

I'm starting to see more and more of what you mentioned Matty28 :(

Nice to hear its working out better for you Alex72 :)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    Matty28 likes this.
  5. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Exactly! I forgot about the votes as well. Loads of votes to restart when most are still racing or skip sessions. I was hoping to not have to join a league or group or w/e to avoid any schedules or commitments but I think I might have to. I remember on Codemasters F1 games ususally there would be a couple of good racers in every race and another load to build the numbers up. Maybe that was because it was less of a simulator and on consoles so more players. If I miss the first corner carnage then I always had good races and even if I didn't it was fun to get through the field. I really can't comprehend those who spend £30 on a racing simulator to ruin the race for everyone on the first corner and then leave. It would be fascinating to look into their thought process.

alex72 likes this.
  6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

some people are just not patient to learn, and most want to win
    it is really strange, since at this point, there's nothing to be gained, no official medals/stats, .. so why can't people take it easy and learn is beyond me

Shaddix, alex72 and Matty28 like this.
  7. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

Alex72 i might have been on your nordschleife server once and Snoopy was there too crashing on his own creation. :D

Ps end season vote with 2min quali left is so irritating I wouldnt mind eating that guys guts for dinner. Hope kunos updates this Friday so we can finish lap when counter hits the bottom.

Matty28 and alex72 like this.
  8. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah i remember you. Good driver. Fast! :) Welcome back anytime buddy. Will open server tomorrow. Lots of good and fast guys coming. Will be passworded though. Drop me a PM tomorrow afternoon if you want to come. Will be running all evening/night. Some practise and some racing.

@Matty28 The best thing is that you dont have to start out with league. Personally i just posted in the steam friends thread and got like 70 people friended. Among them there were some gold nuggets (im sure they all are), but those i started come in contact with because we started to chat and go voice turned out to be super - like you almost always find out in the sim community. People that are into sims and hang around the scene (like in this forum for example) are usually mature and nice guys. So its not hard to find some people that you casually can hook up with and do some races/having fun with. Our group have no schedule, but it works out great anyway. Its so easy to host from your own pc as well that if you take a bit of initiative you can set it up and invite some people from the forum. That way you'll surely find some racing buddies in no time. :)

Rob 74 likes this.
  9. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

All good info Alex, Thanks :)

alex72 likes this.
  10. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Wow lol. Yeah I think the type of person who doesn't play the game properly is not the type to make the effort with forums or groups etc. Any spaces left in your server tomorrow?

11. alex72

alex72 Alien

Im sure there will be space. Drop me a PM tomorrow and ill give you the pass. ;)

Matty28 likes this.
  12. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

I just found out about skip voting for the first time last night. A couple guys did a qualifying lap quickly and the voted next session leaving the reset of us wherever we were on the grid. Kind of annoying thinking you have ten minutes to only get an outlap and part of a real lap before its all over.

13. Vaoh

Vaoh Rookie

I still join random rooms from time to time in hopes of finding some random(s) that is competitive. Otherwise even if it turns into a hop lap, I still treat it as I've got to maintain pace and not mess up as that might just cost me a race.

14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Just a thumbs up to @alex72. I joined his server once at Nords after an invite, and would visit again. If only I get to remember the track better... and also get better pings so as not to ruin their race :oops:

alex72 likes this.
  15. hman

hman Gamer

Public servers for me have been hit or miss. Today i had one race where this guy ran me off the road 5 times in the first lap. Then I change servers and 3 close races with drivers that drove clean.

16. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I havent raced that many races online yet, but most of the time I've been lucky. I honestly thought it would be far worse, but Ive had some really good GT chases as well as one very nice F312T race, which was highly unexpected.

17. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Yesterday practice done, was fun tho.
    Quali and they vote directly - nobody lapped and race was a mess.

Drove yesterday against Andy Go GT3 Imola, damn this guy is really that fast even in the race.
    Niki D. also very fast, sadly my setup didnt saved and lost a few seconds per lap on silver internationel.
    Alex is a place free?
    Need some enemies, i drive only with abs :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

18. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Interesting to hear. A couple of times I've got into a good race with one guy and he crashes after a few laps. I slow down so he can catch up and then they rage quit:mad:

19. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I hate when that happens! Tho I've had atleast two races where I waited and we both continued to race through to the chequered flag. I don't remember their names (I think one of them was named "Ash"-something or the other), but kudos (or should I say Kunos) to those who stay for the thrill of the chase and race.

Matty28 likes this.
  20. uno hoo

uno hoo Rookie

I drive only public servers and only 3 types of car.
    I am sure that if the race distances were lengthened (they are just frantic sprints at the moment) the better drivers would return.
    For a start the longer the distance, the easier it is to recover from the 1st lap mayhem and the griefers would lose interest.
    At present quite often better drivers rage quit at the first corner because they see no way back into the race.
    Good luck to you guys who are making your own private world - but I like driving when I feel the urge and so must stick to public servers (thanks to those server admins!!)
    And anyway, having been a member of an rfactor clan a while back - it is not all rosy and clean in the league scene. ( cynical shunts, setup scrounging etc)

21. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

Come join my server, its up most nights, (just finished building our 24hr server, it will be up once the linux server protcols get updated ) its called www.TheAutomotiveMayhem.com
    I can only vouch for the TAM members, there will be randoms in there as well when the server is public but feel free to drop in, we always race clean and when someone does make a mistake they will wait for you, and usually call for a pace car.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
    Hany, alex72, Aryko and 2 others like this.