1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Real Head Motion, genuine app in AC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Otto Bianchi, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Otto Bianchi

Otto Bianchi Racer

Hello everyone!

Firstly, I want to thank Kunos for the work already done, AC is very promising and I am convinced that the best is coming.

Let me speak to the devs to ask them to consider the opportunity of directly implementing the Real Head Motion (RHM) app created and given free by Sebastien Tixier aka magicfr. This kind of app offers more real in the sense of immersion and a real alternative to those who have or have not Track iR/Oculus Rift/Triple screens in the future.

Thank you in advance for the attention you want to bring to my request and wish you a good continuation, for the pleasure of all SimRacing fans.

Forza Kunos!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    mane2907, Paratus, Arpadian and 17 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Really don't get the way GPU/GFX works in this game even with 50% overhead Jun 18, 2021
    General modding discussion Real Head Motion Latest download? Dec 15, 2020
    ACC Tools Real Head Motion for ACC is here! Apr 8, 2020
    ACC Gameplay v1.1 Inaccurate real time time gap to the car ahead/behind Oct 24, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset Dec 8, 2018
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Support for the Windows Mixed reality headsets? Sep 8, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Head movement unrealistic in VR Mar 1, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes RealHeadMotion : TrackIR + LookBehind/Left/Right (humble request for devs) Nov 28, 2016
    Screens & Videos Real Head Motion Demonstration / 488 GT3 @ Nords Aug 4, 2016
    General modding discussion Real Head Motion with Oculus CV1 help needed Jun 16, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Real Head Motion 0.9.5 ( Deprecated with FreePie) May 28, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Realtime app gaps to cars ahead aren't working properly Oct 10, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Real head motion Aug 13, 2015
    General modding discussion Any realistic head camera mods? Apr 12, 2015
    Suggestions Kunos. finally , limit the unrealistic vertical head moving in "lock to horizon" cockpit view Nov 5, 2014

3. plaid

plaid Alien

HELL YEAH!

Its really great. It really is superior to the "lock camera to horizon"-option, if you turn the filters for rolling and pitches/shaking world to max, cause it doesnt stay pointing straight on elevation changes, but changes the with them PLUS you can still use the g-forces settings.
    I dont know if that are the only differences, but it feels much better and less like a camera mounted to a rail on the track "following inside" the car, so it feels more like being in the car.

After experiencing this, I just cant drive with the the standard cockpitviews anymore, especially not with the cam fixed to the car, which aint realistic, immersive and makes coordination harder while I kinda get sea-sick from driving over bumps cause everything is shaking around me while the car seems to be the center of the universe, so the opposite to what it should be.

With the update yesterday, that disabled the app somehow, I really couldnt enjoy the game anymore, even it seems exaggarated, but its true.

Other games allready got that options, so you have a camera that is kinda between "locked to horizon" and "locked to car" or even better, you have sliders to adjust it.

Sadly I cant make a demonstration video, but it really hits my personal preferences and is miles ahead of what the game is offering at the moment.

Hope to see the app working again or it being implemented in the way the mod works.

4. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Hell yeah from me too. It's essential. Proper head/camera movement is vital for immersion.

”Other games allready got that options, so you have a camera that is kinda between "locked to horizon" and "locked to car" or even better, you have sliders to adjust it."

Exactly. I've been asking for this since day 0.

plaid likes this.
  5. magicfr

magicfr Sébastien Tixier

For the Dev, I just need possibility to move camera orientation ( translation is optional ) in Python API SDK, and I think I could do a genuine Apps without need for FreePIE anymore, which is a bit of a hack in my pov.

6. plaid

plaid Alien

NEWS:

magicfr made a new app, with limited features/polish.

Its in his/the apps thread.

7. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

I vote for it too, even if it's been a lot since the last time I used his app (had problems with Free PIE) the few times I got it working I really felt better, the street is clear, I can feel much more from the car (I've not force feedback) and set my new personal best at third lap. If you devs can add camera position and rotation to the python API it will make the whole process cleaner and better, and it'll not conflict with my Glove PIE, which I have to use for it WiiMote :D.

8. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

I would see this a bit different : Kunos fully release the game and hand pick the best mods they consider for their game and preinstall them in to the game.Then make a new TAB in the MENU and let you select and simply enable them with 1 click.
    This would make AC stand out from other games so much.
    ALL mods for default should be off and then as you click the menu and see wich one you might like, simply enable it.Would make the devs look even more involving with the mod community. :)

Forged and Griffin like this.
  9. djadlib

djadlib Gamer

I like the idea of being able to select the desired apps in advance, before entering the gameplay.
    I also like the idea of including the RHM into the official AC apps. magicfr did one hell of a job creating this and I couldn't do without it anymore. Adds a whole new level of realism to the game/sim.

cerebus23 and Qwaribo like this.
  10. Otto Bianchi

Otto Bianchi Racer

Up ! Any dev answer ? It's sad :(

djadlib, Qwaribo and Filippo94 like this.
  11. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

Totally agree! We need this in AC! The app crashed with the last update and I had driven a lap without it, it sucks! (got it working again, thnx to creator)

So much better with RHM! :cool:

12. Otto Bianchi

Otto Bianchi Racer

It's so true ;)

I find it hard to understand that we can do without a little something that makes better the product you want to market. And this is a consumer/client who is speaking. Maybe there are technical reasons that prevent this app to be a part of AC. In this case, it costs nothing to give a little answer. Please...

13. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

I think they're coming with an answer. I've seen then answering on stupid questions/requests.

But maybe they've problems with the rights of the creator etc. I don't know how that works.

14. +1
    Awesome App that needs to be integrated with the game. Please Kunos, This will make AC shine much more.

rzr1 likes this.
  15. Otto Bianchi

Otto Bianchi Racer

As far as I know, if there's a problem, it is not the author.

Filippo94 likes this.
  16. klattr1

klattr1 Rookie

Definitely agree on this one. I absolutely love this app/add-on and it definitely takes the game to the next level.

17. André57

André57 Racer

100% in favor of integrate this to AC. In fact I am too dump to have sucessfully install this mod and too lazy to read the entire post in searching why it failed . So if it is integrated it can be available for noob like me. Thank God I'm better with a steering wheel than with the mouse:confused:

Qwaribo likes this.
  18. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

+1 for integration. This app really gives AC a lift for those of us who aren't using VR yet. Btw I'm currently using quite conservative settings, only 10 degrees.

4 big advantages...

1. In chicanes it helps to see the apex as your front wheel hits it (open wheeler)
    2. If you get excessive oversteer out of a turn you're still looking down the straight as you countersteer. First time I saw this at Ascari I knew I had to keep it.
    3. Immersion is greater.
    4. Ok this one may just be me but I'm so much more relaxed at the wheel now, no more stiff neck after 4 hours driving.

cerebus23, Qwaribo and Filippo94 like this.
  19. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Of cause this should be implemented ingame, pretty sure it will be as everyone uses RHM.

20. Otto Bianchi

Otto Bianchi Racer

Very good summary ! :cool:

Phil64 likes this.