1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Toyota motor corporation license officially revealed!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch

Arch Alien

No, I am!

And it begins, the great "Who's more x about y" debate.

To be honest, I was not very excited about any of the upcoming cars, even the Nissan GTR, but I'm really into the 86. I'm fairly sure that after it releases, the only thing I'll be doing is modding the base to make custom versions of it (Unless Kunos releases touge tuned cars, turbo'd versions etc.) and driving it. I'm fairly sure that the 86 will become the new Lotus Elise for me, that one car in which I always place top 20 on the scoreboard on times and love driving so much.

The idea of official AE86's ranging from "Bone stock" to "Light tuned" to "Heavy tuned, under 900kg" to "Drift spec, under 800kg" to "Race car, basically an N2" would be amazing. Just a stock 86 would do for now, even if it's LHD. As long as the model and sounds are up to par.

2. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

For me it's the TS040 HYBRID that will keep me up late into the night. Even better, with this announcementI'm now pretty certain we will get night simulation (can't really run realistic endurance races without it), and hopefully weather too.

And just so you know, I'm so excited my eyes just popped out :eek::D

3. pilistation

pilistation Gamer

Wow, finally an LMP1... the most exciting one (2014)!

Kunos always knows how to make our day better! ;)

4. spidiG

spidiG Racer

hope to see some new tracks to drive these cars on

5. Arch

Arch Alien

Seeing as we have animated headlights, I'm fairly sure it's gonna be a Trueno.

Please be a Trueno. Kunos, take advantage of this. We all want it. We won't reach the next gen until we have a high quality AE86 with animated pop up headlights. :D

6. P Johann

P Johann Racer

7. Arch

Arch Alien

We have Nissan already so I'm fairly sure a BNR32 will appear some day, all we really need now is the Silvias, LanEvo's and RX7's.

No car is better to kickstart the JDM scene than the AE86, though. It's basically a cultural icon at this point.

Sir Galahad likes this.
  8. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Awesome news can't wait.

Great job Kunos!

So does this mean proper endurance simulation is coming?

9. Juan Cruz

Juan Cruz Gamer

Thanks , i trust you guys

10. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

oh yeah the 86's..... i am !!!

11. Abominus

Abominus Racer

Hopefully these stay true to their country of origin and are right hand drive. There are plenty of left hand drive cars for people in the game already. Good announcement though!

Mogster likes this.
  12. dauntless

dauntless Alien

The more I think about the more bizarre the choise of celica is. Unless it is the gt-four or one of the other wrc competitors it just seems so odd to pick that car when there are the supergt cars, the imsa turbo monsters, various other rally beasts and touring cars. And even the gt-one and the 2000gt. It seems just odd. Even if ac wanted a low powered car then the toyota starlet would fit that bill much better. Being lighter, rwd and faster. It is a bit odd choise. Like if you had huyndai license and you picked the tiburon instead of the genesis coupe. Or you had ford and you picked the Ka instead of focus or the mustang.. Not complaining, just wondering :).

3316V likes this.
  13. Arch

Arch Alien

This.

Or better, do both. It's a little extra work, but I think they'd be appreciated. If you can only do one, do RHD.

Of course, if you're doing a GT-S for example, make it LHD. If you're making a Subaru BRZ or an USDM GT86, make it LHD. But I know I'd prefer RHD. Especially the RHD AE86 gauges are nice, and the specs are better.

Sir Galahad and Mogster like this.
  14. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

Meh.. LHD ftw. Only few countries use RHD anyways.

But dat Toyota LMP1 car... Wow so hyped!

jonnyboy_99 likes this.
  15. Great to see another manufacturer come on board!

It is funny seeing here and on FB so many people think that suddenly Kunos is going to start completely over on the graphics engine so they can have night racing just because an endurance car is announced...pretty sure we have cars now that have pit stops in real life yet there are no pit stops in the sim and none are planned for quite some time...night racing in AC is at best years away and probably not happening at all judging from what Stefano has said.

Bailey likes this.
  16. 3316V

3316V Alien

17. Arch

Arch Alien

Few countries being the majority of the world which drives on the left and drives cars with shifters on the left?

Please get educated.

18. 3316V

3316V Alien

[​IMG]

But I have a friend with an AE86 and LHD so... they exist.

DJ Dime and Bill Wiskins like this.
  19. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

20. Arch

Arch Alien

My post disappeared, but the matter is irrelevant anyway. Arguing RHD vs LHD purely for drive handedness is dumb. I want RHD mostly due to specs, and ease of use. The gauges are far better and in km/h, the engine is better, the brakes are better, it weighs less etc.

Of course LHD AE86's exist, most if not all here in Finland are either EUDM or USDM.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums...D-BF28-7BC7D38D780A-4095-00000342BBB4B990.jpg

irfan.pratama likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.