1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Toyota motor corporation license officially revealed!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenn10

Brenn10 Gamer

Are any of these new cars free in the future or paid dlc?

2. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

Now all we need is a battle to the death to decide which AE86 and Celica, will be made:D It would be nice to see the late model AE86 levin and ta22 Celica and please not the pre -facelift model trueno that's in every game.

3. Arch

Arch Alien

Isn't all AC DLC supposed to be free?

I'd dish out for an AE86, but I think it's a terrible idea to split up the community. At least with cars like this.

4. Eric

Eric Simracer

KS just keep bringing the noiZe. This is great news. Thank you! ;)

5. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

Oh boy first Nissan, now Toyota.... MARCO, dont forget about Honda :p

6. Tiago Lima

Tiago Lima Alien

Who knows , kunos is just surprising more and more

fatalevo2013 and Akis Kev like this.
  7. I suppose that, similarly to other licensed brands, some cars will be free and some will be selled with a dlc.. For example (if i can remember well) the road c7 will be free, and the gte (?) racecar will be selled in the Dreams car pack :)

8. testdriver69

testdriver69 Gamer

yes bring honda too ! i want to drive my nsx-r !

9. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

It's a pretty legendary car so if any old Toyota was to be included it would have to be that

10. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

yeah, cool !! :)

11. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Would have to be rhd sorry, after all that is how it is in the country of origin

12. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

Lol UK is the weirdo of the Europe. In this matter at least. :p

13. Arch

Arch Alien

I'm all for specialized stuff that's very hard to model/do the physics for being paid. Niche stuff that people who like will be happy to dish out for.

But stuff like basic roadcars, essential cars to a race series like GT2 and GT3, DTM etc. should be free IMO.

Anyone noticed the forums being extremely unresponsive and slow?
    I always post replies like 10 minutes late.

14. This are some great news! Really awesome choise of Toyota streetmachines. Loving AE86, GT86, offcourse the Supra and which Celica will it be? T20 GT4?

I´m very happy with this news, excelent work Kunos!!!

15. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Rhino3 likes this.
  16. Arch

Arch Alien

If it would be possible, I'd like Kunos to later on expand the AE86 family.

From the top of my head:

USDM GT-V
    SR5 AE85
    EUDM GT-S or GT-V, can't remember.
    EUDM GT APEX. I saw one of these in Finland but it could be imported AUSDM.
    JDM GT APEX Sprinter Trueno
    JDM GT APEX Corolla Levin
    JDM GT-S
    AUSDM Sprinter Trueno
    Various rally cars
    Various touring cars
    N2
    Drifting, high and low power
    GT style with huge wings and slicks

A man can dream. They did it with the Lotus', Lotii, whatever, so they can do it with the AE86 as the modeling process would not be difficult, and the physics would take a few hours for all the cars max. All you'd really need to do is change the weight and inertia a bit, change the springs, change the brakes, steering ratio and so on. Only with the racing cars would you need to make any actual geometry changes or anything drastic to the tires.
    I'd be perfectly happy with a RHD GT-APEX Trueno and Levin and maybe an AE85 just for the laughs of driving a slow car.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  17. the_meco

the_meco Alien

Great to see the Celica and Supra join the lineup. The hybrid is a nice little bonus, going to be fun around Spa!

Tiago Lima likes this.
  18. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

Haha nooo, it will be like granturismo with 10 versions of the same car with the only difference being it had different floor mats or something. Europe didn't get models named like that, we only got GT. GT-v and GT apex are japan only. GT-s is US only.

Would agree with the last part. I would be very surprised if we got more than one model though.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Shaddix, Bill Wiskins and Bailey like this.
  19. Arch

Arch Alien

From the top of my head.

And I suppose. But different body and interior varieties at least, just the Trueno and Levin, would be refreshing. 2 door and 3 door variants would be nice too. It'd allow more people to drive them online and we'd have realistic variety, for a lot less work than making actually different variants, with largely different specs.

20. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

Yes you said from the top of your head, that's why I corrected you.

Yes it would kind of mean making two cars to get four, though it's even less than 2 cars as they share pretty much everything, besides some body panels. That's the only reason I hold some hope we'll get the 4 body styles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.