1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Motion simulator gs-105

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike1304, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Large tracks with motion simulator (Floating point precision) Jun 11, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Next Level Racing Motion Simulator Platform V3 Feb 1, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Bluetiger motion simulator Jan 20, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Brake lock up telemetry with motion simulator Nov 19, 2014
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Motion simulator data Sep 2, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues enable motion on blue tiger simulator Mar 3, 2014
    Suggestions Option to turn off motion-simulator in replays Nov 22, 2013
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Shifting Motion telemetry for Porsche GT1 is WAY too strong. Dec 23, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Disable neck motion when using camera with helmet overlay in VR? Mar 29, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Motion Blur introduces weird artefacting Jan 8, 2022
    ACC User Interface View Settings Motion - Only Lock to Horizon is adjustable. [Selected view] Dec 26, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality [Fixed] Motion smoothing not available in steamvr per-application settings. Dec 23, 2021
    ACC Gameplay parts of replay in slow motion if replay is viewed while race is still going Nov 29, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Cars do a rolling motion since the new update Sep 28, 2021

3. CRex

CRex Gamer

It does indeed work with Assetto. Takes a bit of tweaking in the setup software to get it right, but a nice addition to the immersion. And you can set it up/fine tune it to all the sim's you have (iRacing, PCARS, Assetto, rFactor2) and save it individually. It's more of an FFB seat than a motion sim. Then again it's alot cheaper than full motion.

4. DeM69

DeM69 Racer

I got a quote from them a few weeks ago (€1977 delivered to UK) but I decided to go with building diy using Simxperience gear (with 3rd actuator for traction loss) which was only a few quid more (only if I get stung for VAT:mad:) - The gs-105 looks like a comfy living room chair which put me off, if it was a bit more racy I probably would've gone for it

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

It list's AC support on the side of the page. It's pretty cool, I like the fact it can be used as a normal chair so you're not losing a load of space having it in a room.

The only thing that seems unrealistic about any of these setups is that they only move the chair, but with this one it seems totally acceptable.

What would it be delivered? Around €2000? This along with a rift would be hugely immersive. It's just about affordable and would be exactly what I'm looking for in a chair. I've been trying to come up with a rig that's also a desk I can work at and attaching the chair to the desk but using the chair as a normal chair when I;m not driving was giving me headaches. Man, I almost hate when expensive stuff just about starts coming into my price range.

6. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

I ordered one myself for around 2000 euros all-in. ok, it doesn't look racey but I like the idea behind it and if you add a buttkicker under the seat I think it's gonna be ... wait for it... kickass!!! ;)
    Anyway, I mailed a lot with the inventor and asked him loads of questions which he answered very clearly, one by one. He's really convinced of his product.
    Also the ,sadly, very few reviews I found (mostly french as well) were very enthusiasticabout the gekoseat.
    In a week or two I might have it and I'm really curious about the immersion effect.
    It should also be compatible with all the next gen-sims.

cc570 likes this.
  7. Hi everybody, I got one since one month, and it works perfectly with assetto corsa laser scanned tracks, it increase a lot the immersion, this is like to pass from a joystick to a FFB wheel.
    As CRex said, this is a FFB chair, you have to resist to the simulated G-forces instead of being swinged on all the side as the other motion sim.
    It's expensive yeah, but less than all other motion sim, and for me it got more advantage than the other expensive one:
    - It doesn't take more place than an office chair.
    - You feel the force during the whole curb, you have to resist to G-force as you do in a real car.
    - If you plan to buy an occulus rift, I think it will be the best one, because it will not be affected by the rotation that your body does with the other motion sim and it will increase immersion because your body will move as in a real car, means your body will replace the graphic options that simulate G-Force effect in assetto.
    - It doesn't produce noise, I have a baby who sleeps just the room beside, my cspv2 pedals and G25 wheel produce a lot more noise.
    - It makes me do sport, after 1 hour, this is like if I have done 1 hour of bodybulding :), don't worry, the force can be reduced.
    But it got also some inconvenience:
    - Now, if I play without it activated, the game feels empty, imagine you stop to use the wheel FFB...
    - Because it has 18kg strong force, now I feel less my G25, so now I plan to buy a stronger wheel as a t500 or other, money money....
    Here you will find more informations: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...uys-check-this-out.263806/page-2#post-7673786

Sorry for my english and hope it will help ;).

8. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

ahaa awesome mate,

I was secretly hoping that playing while sitting in it would be equal to some kind of workout :D

9. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Uhm. :confused:
    Only a simple, simple question.
    But this type of motion solutions, aren't "wrong"?
    I mean, the motion should be for the driver body AND FOR ALL THE REST OF THE EQUIPMENT, so also the wheel!
    What is the point to have a moving seat and a fix wheel?
    It seems as if the pilot needs to catch or hold onto the steering wheel, that isn't a correct simulation of reality. :confused:

10. CRex

CRex Gamer

No the idea is that your body stays stationary and "fight" the forces of the chair. You're not supposed to lean in any direction. Like stated earlier, it's an FFB seat simulating g-forces.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

Did you get the one that has the office chair wheels? I assume it has some way of staying in position so it doesn't roll around the floor while you're using it?

12. Only the top of the chair can move, the bottom is fix, this not like a frex system.
    As said previously, you have to resist, but this is not with yours arm, but with your abs,your back and your legs, so there is not catch and hold onto steering wheel.
    The fact that you have to resist, make your body move only for few centimeters like it does in real life in your car when you take radically curb or brake strong, so the sensation are the same here.

Sure you will not be disappoint, as all the buyer of the GS-105, in the worst case you can return it back to the seller within 1 month.

I have the cockpit version but on the office chair, there are no wheels, there are buffer, and it weighs 31kg, so I think there is no problem of sliding, I never have read someone complain about it.
    http://www.gekosystems.com/images/images/stories/gs-105/gallerie/Gs-105Front.jpg

I have read on several forum that people are not interested about the GS-105 because it doesn't look like racing style, honestly, I though the same thing at the begining, but after reflexion, I asked myself, what is the most important in a sim motion, the bling bling style of the racing chair or the efficiency of the motion sim, at the 2000€ cost, my choice was quickly done..., I don't have any regret, and when you see it in real, it is not that bad.
    When you drive, you don't look at the chair, you lookthe screen, and for my case, as I plan to buy an occulus rift, I am not going seeing it at all, so what is the esthetic interest....

For people whom hesitate, you have to know that you can try it during one month, if you are not satified, you may return it within 30 days of delivery for a refund of the purchase price, minus the shipping and a 5% restocking charge, which is significantly less than if you go to a center sim motion every day for a month.

Turk and Tim Meuris like this.
  13. DeM69

DeM69 Racer

I really wish I'd gone for one of these now. I made the huge mistake of going for the Simxperience setup & it's been a nightmare. My order had a missing actuator, damaged parts due to poor packaging & on top of that the electrics were dead on arrival - 7 weeks later & I still don't have it sorted, they have the worst customer service I've ever known - absolutely no interest in customer satisfaction & support.

14. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

I have a geko here but still have to set it up
    everything looked top notch on arrival
    predrilled holes were spot on as well
    now hoping the thing is as good as the few reviews say
    The inventor of the seat is very helpful too

15. Stereo

Stereo Alien

The main thing I wonder is how warm it gets when you're strapped in, looks like it's somewhat formed to the shape of your back. When I'm running races I heat up quite a bit (both GPU blowing out warm heat and more effort from me, whole room temperature rises fairly noticeable)

Also, how comfortable is it to sit in when it's turned off? Does the back just recline to its backmost point? When the car's parked does it just feel like a regular chair if you lean back?

16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

This would be interesting for me too. I use my computer not only for playing (Assetto Corsa) and don't have space for a motion-chair AND an office-chair. So, can the GS-105 also be used as normal office-chair for computer-work when turned off, ...is it comfortable?

17. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

yup i think it is
    the backrest just reclines to its backmost point

18. Tim,
    when you will try for the first time, do not hesitate to tighten the straps much, otherwise it will erase the feeling of the car when cornering.

I do not feel that the seat gives off heat, it is rather that we disclaim heat because the body constantly fighting, it's sport ;).
    The seat is comfortable, long gaming sessions that are more widely tolerable, no pain to report.
    In the office chair configuration, personally I find it more comfortable than my old chair, high chair is in its rearmost position if the style is to get in elongated position, and there, in fact it lacks a bit of comfort, but personally, I never seconded me on the top of the back, lower back are well kept, that is enough, in the worst case, a small cushion for the upper back will very nicely.
    For info, the creator of the seat is working sitting on it around 7 hours by days, therefore the confort is one important point.

Mike1304 and Tim Meuris like this.
  19. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

thnx for the tip mate!
    will do

20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Two more question to GS-105 owners:

1. Do you have to setup/adjust the software for this chair for every single car or is there a default-setup which works good with every car?

2. Does this chair still work with the latest released version of AC? Don't want to buy such an expensive piece and then it doesn't function anymore or has bugs with the latest version of AC. Can you really recommend it?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

21. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

1) yes, you have three standard profiles for each sim: example
    assetto corsa + (weak), assetto corsa++ (medium), and assetto corsa +++ (hard)
    you can also make your own custom profiles)

2) yes
    i would recommend it yes