1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's talk wheels...again. why not?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WildStyle*, Aug 27, 2014.

1. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Well I am looking to upgrade closer to the end of the year, there are other things along the way for me...

Generaly talking wheels...I have G27 good wheel durable enough, but once you have tortured it a bit the gears wear out and now it just feels clunky, AC don't help with having such precise FFB, combine that with an inacurate feedback from the wheel and you got a bad experience...

So my options are not limited to only Fanatec or Thrustmaster, but other high end wheels just seem to be overly complicated and generaly elusive...

I'm looking for Durable wheels, which lately seems what Fanatec is not..
    I take it Thrustmaster! I can't say much about it can I? I don't know anything about it. I know the company for durable products, I would have to assume T500 is one of them...

Fanatec, I like where fanatec goes with their stuff being compatable to just about any equipment you might own, but that duribility issues and price tag, yeah...
    As to Thrustmaster They just have just about anything included with their stuff...Pedals can be inverted which give you 2 sets of pedals basicly, then you have a shifter, true you have to buy it seperatly, but it is both H shifter and SQ not to mention it is durable as well, While fanatec has a hefty priced shifter with a choice to buy SQ or H shifter, rather than have both in one...And T500 has the most degrees of rotation true it is not a truck, but why would you need more?
    Not to mention some time in the next months I wil be buying a hotas joystick with a throtle and what do you know I'm looking Thrustmaster way aswell (Well not entirely, but might aswell), might aswell have peripherals from the same company, otherwise I will end up with 3 more apps on my PC...

Talking apps...Any of them are plug and play? otherwise I got apps for my apps, little bit too much for me, trew my webcam against the wall yesterday cause it stopped my keyboard from working, go figure...

But yes durability being my concern for everything except my underwear, the question is! Is it Durable?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Giving back for ACC 1.8: Let's talk about multi-class, multi-hour, full grid simulation? Dec 10, 2021
    ACC Physics Let's talk about spins... Apr 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's talk multiplayer/online servers Jul 11, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Let's talk about broadcasting (user's thread) Dec 12, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Let's talk about broadcasting (programmer's thread) Dec 12, 2018
    Console Lounge Let's talk vote to kick Mar 18, 2017
    Console Lounge Quick race weekend (let's talk abou it Vol.1) Feb 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Let's talk Lotus 98T Feb 17, 2017
    Console Lounge Porsche Cayman GT4 - Let's talk gearing Jan 16, 2017
    Console Lounge Let's talk about rage quitters... Dec 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 935/78 - Let's talk setup and driving Oct 30, 2016
    Console Lounge Let's talk about braking Oct 6, 2016
    Suggestions Let's talk weather (I am not asking for rain). Aug 15, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's hope this does the trick Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Let's do something, this is going to get ugly...(Servers) Aug 3, 2020

3. alex72

alex72 Alien

Seems you know exactly what wheel to buy. :)

If i had the cash i would go AccuForce, but im a poor SOB. I will get the T500RS (again) when i can afford it. I liked it. Would like a HOTAS again as well. Have all DCS titles (except A-10) and all LOMAC's and Falcon (F16). Good stuff. :)

4. Blame

Blame Alien

Fanatec is durable, its probably the best out there, but its expensive.

5. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Why Again? Exactly?

Sure accuForce is probably one of least elusive stuff, but still it just kinda is. :D Anything I would like from higher end sim gear is either still in development or has been for the past 10 years, or is just a story for sim racers. :D I will stick with retail stuff, just because I know I can get it and then return it just incase. I need Hotas purely for Star citizen, but once I have it why not play some other games. :D

And sure enough I have done my research.
    As to Blame you should do yours...

alex72 likes this.
  6. alex72

alex72 Alien

There are more expensive awesome wheels - if you have the dough. :)

7. alex72

alex72 Alien

Aaah Star Citizen! Indeed, thats gonna land in my PC as well. However i have to upgrade... Man i have so high hopes for that game. :)

Ok, no more derailing. Yeah, i would go for T500RS, but its just cause i know how it handles and i like it. Fanatec is great as well, but i never tried it in AC.

8. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Actually, the Fanatec shifter SQ has both sequential and H modes, and you can switch between them in a second. The cheaper one has only H mode. The drawback is that if you don't own fanatec wheel, you have to buy an additional usb adapter to plug it directly to the PC. And the table clamp is extra too.

About the software, each piece of equipment has its own software anyway. Warthog software is not for wheels.

Rico_T likes this.
  9. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Even if it isn't the same software, it is still under the same roof, so it is already better than two different company equipments...

Didn't know that about fanatec shifter. figured the cheaper one is Sq while more expensive one H shifter.

10. If you are looking for durability you might not want to buy Clubsport shifter yet. Only thing you get is much bigger hole on the wall... ;)

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

For the record, Fanatec pulled their shifter off the market due to quality issues.
    http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...shifter-sq-review.288514/page-13#post-9727267

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  12. Deh

Deh Racer

13. Vampire

Vampire Alien

Had no trouble with my current Fanbatec SQ shifter or my CSW or my CSP V2's.... or my previous GT3RS V2 or my CSP V1's...

(Just figure I would try to counter all the people that get on forums to advise of all their trouble with Fanatec gear....as opposed to all the people with gear that works fine and they just carry on using it...not posting about it working fine ;))

Sandbox, Tim Meuris and Chin like this.
  14. Its not a coincidence that there already is V2 of CSW out. Not a coincidence either that CSS orders are on hold too..

I have been a fanboy for too long. Finally I've started to report my issues. I just can't smile and close my eyes. Its a lot money and I wan't that people knows where they are putting their money.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  15. Vampire

Vampire Alien

All right settle down, just because my comment was after yours it doesn't mean it was strictly aimed at you (other people posted in this thread apart from you, you know!) - I didn't say it wasn't a coincidence? My CSP's are the V2 as well - I still had no problems with my V1 pedals. Report as much as you want...as it seems the majority of people who have problems with anything do. So good for you for looking out for the wider publics finances.

I was simply saying for every person who has been a fanboy for too long. Finally I've started to report my issues, there are probably 10 people who have never had an issue and don't feel the need to report anything, maybe more maybe less. I was just saying I have never had a problem with any of my Fanatec gear...just me....not you...not Bob down the road.....just me.

Anyway....if you don't like Fanatec gear then don't buy it - whats the problem?

16. The problem is.. ..I love those products when everything is working. :)

Trust me, I'm calm. My english isn't perfect and propably causes some misunderstandings... :)

I have to tell you that I have GT3RS V2 which is still working flawlessly. I had Clubsport Pedals V1 without any problems. I had Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter without any issues. I had Logitech Driving Force Pro without issues. I have DIY made sequential shifter and handbrake without any flaws...

Some products just are not made to last. A few months ago I decided not to buy CSP V2's and bought Heusinkvelds instead. No issues so far. What I've read about CSP V2's is that everyone isn't happy about the durability of that pedal set. Which I actually find a bit surprising because V1 CSP's was a bullet proof design. Now I'm looking for a handbrake but I just can't buy Clubsport Handbrake. Because my simrig is meant for driving, not for sending my controllers to Germany for repair. I don't remember when I bought my CSS SQ. Not many months ago. Now its broken for the third time. And I haven't even used that much the h-shifter mode which has been the troublemaker. It feels unbelieveable how easily that nice looking piece of hardware can break.

Vampire likes this.
  17. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont have any fantec gear was tempted in the new wheel but it doesnt seem to be a true direct drive wheel as I thought it would be so probably will look at other options still.

Their oppening lines about focusing on durability must be because their other products werent. I dont see why you would focus so much on something unless it was an issue with their other gear.

18. Vampire

Vampire Alien

Yea keep an eye out for the new AccuForce wheel - I will be! I am not too fused if my CWS blows up or not...bought it second hand till I get an AccuForce anyway hehe.

Actually been looking at some Heusinkveld pedals also - but the CSP V2's with some DSD pads are doing the job for now, and have a nice clutch mechanism, so we will see ;)

As far as why you would focus so much on something unless it was an issue with their other gear.
    If I developed a product, and even 5% of them failed (and got lots of bad publicity because of it) - then I would make some changes and fix the problem too......don't read into it too much!
    I am in aviation and even there nothing is built perfect first time....look at the Boeing 787! Plenty of airlines still buying them.

I mean you either keep making V1's...or make a few changes and make V2's....you are still producing a wheel either way so why not make a better version of it. They did the same thing with their CSP's. (And as pointed out above some had more trouble with the V2's...what does that say lol).
    Fanatec are just trying to IMPROVE...maybe successfully maybe not, but we should all try to improve :)

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.
  19. Queequeg

Queequeg Racer

I've had my T500 for about 8 months now and it's been fine, installed the drivers once, set up the options in the driver menu once (60% overall forces, rest at 100%, 900 degrees rot) and never had any issues. Of course the time period is too short to say anything definitive about durability on my wheel and I have heard of people having problems with belt slipping or malfunctions due to cooling problems (They changed the fan with the introduction of the GT6 branded model AFAIK and you WILL hear it if the fan fails, trust me:)). The older T500s are a few years old now though and I did not get the impression that there are any major reliability issues that you will likely have to deal with after a couple years' use.
    I don't know anything about the Fanatec wheels, but it seems that if you want good reliability your best bet would be to wait a year or two until the new Clubsport Wheelbase v2 issues are known/fixed/confirmed to be nonexistant and make a purchase then if you want to get a Fanatec wheel. Or maybe the Clubsport v1 wheelbase will go down in price used dramatically making that an interesting option as well, if you don't mind used, who knows?

TL;DR: If you want to upgrade from a G27 now, go Thrustmaster. If you want Fanatec, better wait.
    Edit: @OP You said you want a durable wheel, well you already have the most durable consumer wheel ever made. So it's gonna be hard to find a replacement that will reach that level of durability, but getting something decently reliable is possible ofc.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  20. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

My 2 cents: I have Tx458, but I am only using the base, the rim and pedals are not thrustmaster. I have no idea about durability as I've not had it for long. The base however is amazing. Reviewers say it is quicker than the T500, still weaker. Compared to a clunky g25 it is like night and day.

McNappa likes this.