1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Need your opinion about logitech momo racing wheel

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TheBestBeast, Sep 11, 2014.

1. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Hey everyone!

Can you please advise me if it is worth buying Logitech MOMO wheel? I am currently using xbox360 pad and I am thinking to switch to this wheel. Does AC even support that wheel?

Thanks for your replies and opinions!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions Most needed features in my opinion: Private lobbies, leaderboards, minorating Sep 29, 2016
    Sounds modding Ferrari f430 opinions/help needed Sep 17, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Need advice/opinion May 10, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Anyone running a GTX 670 video card? Opinions needed... Mar 28, 2014
    News and Announcements We need your opinion! JOYPAD SUPPORT Mar 5, 2014
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help with UI control binding Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help setting up Fanatic V3 pedals Dec 6, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting [Need help] Monitors "turn off" during races. Nov 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room need help plz Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Who do I need to bribe to get PSVR2 support on ACC for PS5 (pretty please?) May 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Need help with this error message Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Need to reset stats. Apr 9, 2023

3. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Just get the Logitech DFGT if you are going for your first wheel, save up just a little bit more as its like 30$ more than the MOMO and 300 percent better than that. :p

TheBestBeast likes this.
  4. mms

mms Alien

I started to play AC with that wheel (now it's in a dark place somewhere :)), so it is (was) supported, but if the difference in price is only 30$ as Torcano says, you should go with the DFGT.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  5. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Well I can get MOMO for 40€ and the cheapest DFGT is 80€ (both second handed ofc).

6. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

I have driven with the black Momo wheel as well. Got a good deal on a G25. Difference like day and night, alone the 900° steering angle. And the Momo is a ***** to set up correctly, it loves to shake around. My gears wore out in about 100 hours of Assetto Corsa, so in the end it had so much dead zone, it was almost impossible to hold a car straight.

Go for the DFGT, DFPro, or if you get a good deal, G25.

MkUltra and TheBestBeast like this.
  7. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

OK :D Time to save some money :D

Thank you guys for your replies and suggestions! Respect!

8. Eduardo Aguiar

Eduardo Aguiar Hardcore Simmer

I was pad user too and was looking for Momo, DFGT and G25 but gone straight to G27. Now I already feel the shortcomings of this wheel but in my country, there´s a huge gab im price to the next wheel (TR500).
    So buy the best wheel you can because it will worth. It´s just another experience racing with FFB.

9. I can only find DFGT wheel for ~100€ while my MOMO wheel was only 50€.
    The most annoying thing about the MOMO for me is the noise it makes when turning, it is loud and annoying. The pedals are bad too, I find it impossible to break well and consistent without ABS in Assetto Corsa.
    Of course its a cheap wheel and it propably feels really bad, but if you didnt use better wheels previously you might find it to be a good start. Definitely a lot more fun and more precise than with a gamepad. The mechanism for table mounting is nice, in 30 secs you will have it attached to your table very sturdy.
    I use that crappy thing since 6 years or something and unless I find more time to simrace regulary, I wont spend 250€ for a G27 but keep using the MOMO until it desintegrates.

10. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

I still use a Momo Racing wheel and it is a pretty decent kit. It has a lot of chatter at speeds under 10 kmh (only in AC) but I felt no deadzone growth. I find the handling pretty ok however the limited rotation is a real annoyance for me (when trying to drift). I've had the wheel several years. First thing that failed was the shifter stick switches on the right side of the wheel, left side still works though. I'm using only the paddles right now as the stick is really sad on the left side. Then I've had to fix the pedal shafts as it was registering false input because of worn shaft surface induced loose pedals (decent tutorial for this on the web ifyou google around)
    It is to be expected since they are old wheels, with a little dyi love still some good fun left in them imo.

Dunno why a DFGT would be double the cost though. I would highly recommend you jump to a G25 at least if you are going to invest more money than a Momo.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  11. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

if a DFGT - G25-27 is not a option i would go for the Red Momo not the black one

Red Momo is quality build with real leather, metal bearings instead of plastic, better pedalset
    comes without 900 but 270 degrees rotation and no clutch or shifter sadly
    but of its age potentiometers of the pedals can be worn out

Have one as spare but not tested with AC yet

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    Zombieinfected and TheBestBeast like this.
  12. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Just save up for the DFGT. It's worth the extra bucks. By far the best wheel in its price range. 900° rotation, decent pedals (again, for its price range), enough buttons to use, paddle and stick shifter (only sequential though). And the overall quality is pretty darn good.

TheBestBeast and TAM Spencer like this.
  13. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

Seriously just get a DFGT, if you cant afford it yet then save for it, i had one years ago as did most of my online racing friends, it IS the place to start, anything cheaper simply isnt worth it, after about 6 months of use the brake on the pedals may stick on meaning you will have to take the pedal set apart and clean the pots, once you have done this ( a ten minute job ) its good to go again, its simple to do and theres a load of videos on you tube showing you how to do it, aside from this it will just keep on going strong for ages, for the money its the best value.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  14. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Thanks guys for your answers and advice! What interests more is how does the game react to 270 degrees wheel? How do you drive if a road car has 900 deg? Is it even possible to drive? :)

15. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

It just gets scaled down. You turn the wheel 120° to the right and the ingame car turns the wheel 450° to the right. This worked quite well for me with fast controls, like in drifting and such, but the problem is the center precision. When you drive really fast and move your 240° wheel just by milimeters, it is often way to much allready. Really noticeable with roadcars that don´t have too much downforce, they tend to be overly sensitive in that behaviour.

Another thing is the force feedback deadzone you have with most wheels around the center position. Let´s assume you have like 3 degrees in each direction. With a 900° wheel, that is 3 degrees in the game. With a 240° wheel it´s allready 11.25° in each direction ingame, before you feel any feedback.

Hope you get what I mean.

I used the Momo a long time for Grid 1, Dirt 2 and 3, and even for Corsa in the beginning. But the center precission is really an issue. You can counter this with the scale multiplier, which translates the wheel input exponentially, but it didn´t feel good to me that way.

All in all, I had a huge amount of fun with my Momo, too, but it´s not really comparable.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  16. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Ok :) I have a chance to get MS Sideforce Ffb for free...will C what will it be ;)

Tnx for everything!

17. Nao

Nao Alien

Adding to the good post by Mr.Mugel... With 270deg going straight is kind of hard (or at least requires constant attention) that is unless you limit the steering rotation on the car, but then FFB becomes much too slow.
    My old momo suffered from decalibration too. Sometimes after just a 5-20 minutes of play the car needed 5-10 degrees of correction to the left/right to keep going straight. It may not seem much but when you consider the 900->270 steering ratio it means you do high speed turns at 10-20degrees wheel rotation.
    Pedals kept decalibrating too, and that was far worse. Because sometimes you would just run flat out at 95% power, it was hard to notice but impacted lap times big time.
    G27 have none of that, and i think DFGT base will be fine (idk about the pedals).

18. Niki Đaković

Niki Đaković Hardcore Simmer

I used momo wheel for years. It's by far the best buy. Feels a lot racier to drive then dfgt and it has paddles. Next best buy g25 and it's a significant improvement bcos pedals, leather and rotation both in speed you're able to extract and feeling you get.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I would go for a used G25, I prefer it to the G27 because of its sequential leaver. But if you take a DFGT be shure to get a squeeze ball behind the brake pedal to make it more progressive. By doing that you have more control over braking, and don't lock up so easily. It's a widely respected solution to better that ****y pedals.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  20. plucka

plucka Racer

Momo is garbage, get a DFGT if on a budget. Two issues though with the DFGT- pedals are garbage- can be improved somewhat with a squash ball mod under the brake or highly recommended to buy separate pedals such as Fantatec Club Sports. Other issue is the DGFT doesn't have gear change paddles but just little buttons behind the wheel- I ended up modding mine to add proper paddles.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  21. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Good logic. Get a $50 wheel to invest another $150 in mods.