1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dear kunos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Magun, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Both......I also race against the AI every now and then but they are far nicer than real people and it makes passing them way easy...what does any of this have to do with AC being a driving vs racing simulator though?

alex72 and TCLF like this.
  2. Maranello46

Maranello46 Racer

I´m not agree.

If i were happy with Iracing I would be there, I started with it at the very beginning but I don´t really like their physics (could be something personal), but the rest is awesome.

It´s quite possible that I´m looking an Iracing with Assetto FFB and Physics, and maybe here emerge my problem. :(

Iracing has done a lot of things very good (has changed PC simulators), so some features could be replicated in Assetto.

Not everybody is going to think like you, we have different needs or preferences :(

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  3. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

I agree AC's development has not been perfect, a bit slower than we expected with various annoyances like the ignoring of the screenshots for each 1000 likes but I don't think GSC is a fair comparison. I'm pretty sure GSC runs off ISI's engine and so the devs of that already had a more or less functioning game which they just added stuff to whereas Kunos started from scratch. Anyway, the good news is Marco posted on Facebook about how he has many huge features that they are near completing (if I remember correctly) and I assume testing these things is why they are doing this beta testers thing. I'm hoping early next year we'll be surprised with some big updates quite close to each other. Also I said this on another thread like this, we are not beta testers and as such we only get updates when they are ready for release. We don't know how far Kunos has got with development behind the scenes and yes it would be nice if they would tell us.

"It has a lot of the trappings of simcade stuff, with achievements and the like, which are not needed in a track racing sim imo...maybe the Steam connection can be blamed for that."
    I don't see how this is simcade at all really. Achievements you can ignore if you want and yes you're right they're only there because it's a Steam game. Any more examples of how this is simcade?

"It is early release and has been on "sale" several times and yes, I know this is not a new thing; but it is still a kick in the teeth for the supporters of early release, that bought on day one, because they thought AC was going to smash all other sim's and wanted to support it."
    This has been posted about numerous times and people have said Steam dictates Steam sales numerous times.

Backmarker likes this.
  4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The game is pre release and they are working on getting all they promised before release plus more has been added beyond that. You got $350 hours at $30 or so which is a bargain. I have GSCE and all other sims pretty much but still prefer AC as is due to driving feel.

It has achievements and other things I dont care for, doesnt bother me in the slightest but it may help someone else enjoy it in a different way to how I do. It takes nothing away from my experience and adds to others so no idea how that could be a bad thing. Maybe I am not so selfish in expecting Kunos to make a game only for me and also tell me everything thats going on at all times as they work on it.

No idea where you get so many hours of entertainment for so little, then have the balls to whine that you havent got enough and want more plus a full write up of every code that is changed. You also want it to focus purely on what you want %$&^ everyone else it seems, no idea what your expecting in pre release as it is what it is until its released. You got the opportunity to play what was ready early and obviously enjoyed it to put so many hours in, you made the choice and now you dont think you like pre release and want it released yesterday ready or not. Surely they have been playing v1 for over a year and not worked on anything and they are simply messing with everyone for the sake of doing so as it would be great for business.

Backmarker and mangal like this.
  5. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

I don't have friends to race against and don't drive enough to entering in a league, and my public race experiences were all about being imprecise in driving because of my old hardware and being penalized because of that.

I always try to be clean in driving, but for overtaking it's not easy to keep away from cars. Since I can't get too close to cars because of my low precision I always take really extreme trajectories, often I lag and the input get delayed, and I go off track. No problem, I turn again to the track and regain my lost tenths, but sadly a too large curve always turn in a off track penalty and my tenths fastly become seconds...

Offline and against known peoples I can disable penalties because I'm sure that all the good driving rules will be respected, but I don't know anyone to race with and the AI drain too much of my CPU, a correct set of rules is missing, so my solution is racing against a max of 7 AI at a max of 20 fps or hotlapping.

Racing sim vs driving sim, that's how I experience it.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  6. AosudiF1

AosudiF1 Gamer

My humble two cents: AC looks nice and drives nice. It is a good entertainment right now. But lacks in many areas.

I got it based on nkp. And the philosophy is not the same from that title to this one. At least, not at the current state.

We still have starts with no clutch, 5 seconds penalty that takes over your throttle, AI that can bump you and take you out with not a hiccup, lights that do not project on track, no pitstops, no animations on track to help immersion, among other.

As someone mentioned before, it is a middle point between rfactor and pcars.

Does that mean iracing and rf have all the features? Not necessarily. They are just more focused. They don't have arcadey stuff like the starts and penalties taking over your car in what should be a Sim.

And the other point: many say that this is still in development and thing will be better. I hope so, but there is no indication from the devs whatsoever that that will be the case, as communications are almost non existent.

At this point I am mostly playing GSCE. It has the best balance. Not too expensive, looks decent, decent ai, decent multiplayer, has drs, has push to pass, and no arcadey stuff.

I still hope ac will become more at some point. But until that happens, it is a nice game for hotlapping, but all other features are just too limited. Again, I still hope this will change, as I supported it from very early on.

Cheers

Luigi Gianni Vollaro likes this.
  7. Blame

Blame Alien

They lack in communication, they're not really talking to us about the game, after all they're making the game for us and we already paid for it, yet they have to tell us a lot if they want more people to come in, because as you can see, not a lot of people actually are active on forums or in game, compared to the amount of people that actually own the game.
    I don't know when it was released, I sure know it was started in 2011, but people treat it like a 14 year old game with the amount of people that play it.

Luigi Gianni Vollaro likes this.
  8. NeumannRacing

NeumannRacing Rookie

AC is a good game. It is worth the money I spend on it (around 18€).

I think much of the frustration some people have, comes from an inexperience with Early Access titles. They expect vast amount of changes in a very short amount of time.
    However, the joy with Early Access titles is to help a company realize a project and have a bit of influence on what the finished title will be like. You are not supposed to have a finished game, just yet.

So far, the game has greatly improved in comparison to the first time I played AC. There is no reason to expect a decline in any way.

It might also be a good idea to stop playing the game for awhile, in case the game gets stale and to pick it back up once new updates are out. This way you will not get frustrated, just because you are bored and too stubborn to play something else.

Kind Regards,

Frank

9. KingPin

KingPin Racer

mmmh...you want physics tweaks in a sim?? somehow strange imho...

anyway, i don´t get why people always say that Kunos is not talking to the community... I just read another thread where Marco is explaining in detail how the turbo boost engines are programmed in AC because somebody wanted to know...
    Do you guys even know how much time it would need to read all this posts and threads?? Kunos would not have any time left for programming anymore ;)
    AND if Kunos really asked for an feedback to an specific topic guess what happened? The community mostly failed because their information was not accurate or they were even commenting on something else lol

Filippo94 likes this.
  10. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

I only hope the Kunos team are too busy (coding, testing or just having fun) to have to read drivel like this.

Guido Trampe and Cote Dazur like this.
  11. plaid

plaid Alien

UH! Im jealous.
    While I always ask myslef, why they dont show the cool stuff from the twitter and personal facebook-accounts not on the AC facebook-page. I bet some people would appreciate and the complaints about delays/closed beta/lack of info will be somewhat reduced.
    I always see this stuff cause of you and some other people in random-topics.

Backmarker likes this.
  12. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

So um yeah, I'm making my own race sim. It's going to be totally awesome. Supercar manufacturers can arrange to send me their latest models via PM. :)

Joao Alves likes this.
  13. KingPin

KingPin Racer

what´s that white car?

14. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

Nissan GTR?

15. KingPin

KingPin Racer

That´s what i also thought... mmh, but no big spoiler as it was already confirmed to be in the game.

16. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I just didn't understand what is GSCE? :)

WhosOnTheThrone likes this.
  17. plaid

plaid Alien

The white one at the last pic is a GT86

@f1webberfan
    gamestockcar extreme another sim.

18. WhosOnTheThrone

WhosOnTheThrone Simracer

I don't know either and on this occasion google doesn't feel like filling me in.

19. NeumannRacing

NeumannRacing Rookie

I believe GSCE is Game Stock Car Extreme. Now Google should provide more helpful results ;)

Backmarker and f1webberfan like this.