1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dear kunos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Magun, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I'm pretty sure there are no 'basic sim racer' games in existence then... actually I can't think of a single one that comes with driver changes mid race yet (I believe iRacing's announced it, but they don't have AI or career at all. Obviously not a sim racer)

For me a basic sim racer is
    - attempting to realistically simulate car physics
    - allows you to race and then show who won

That standard gives you all the current games people describe as 'sims' unlike your list which eliminates them all.

2. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

This Discussion is useless.
    Use the Search Button, you will find 2 Topic's which are exactly like this.

When i was reading simcade, i stopped.. :)

3. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Or hundreds if you use it right.
    Just type "missing features" and "core features".;)

Deatroy likes this.
  4. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Don't bother with the GSCE, unless you want to go back 10 years in time for rfactor 1 in a different suit.

Just tried it and it's already deleted; Glad I only spend a little time and no money on it.

alex72 and Luigi Gianni Vollaro like this.
  5. Magun

Magun Racer

I knew there will be other discussion like this. But you have to know keywords to search. And thats quiet hard if English isnt your Motherlanguage. And there are so much reply's so it's still worth to discuss about. Keep surprising us. But also please inform us if something what was promised and it's not gonna finish in this time. (Sry for my english) I aggre with the most comment's positive and negative. But i feel fooled if someone's late and not telling me he is gonna be to late. The only Problem is that i Allready paid 30 Eur and they dont have to care if i play on or not. And fooled people do negative comment's what will hold other's up to Buy the Game what can be a lack of Money for the development. So it's a small thing what does a negative
    experience to the People. Think about it's all connected to each other. We are in 2014 and 5 of 10 People have Internet. There are such small Things what decides betwen sucsess and fail.

I woud be happy if they Finish. I woud be happy see the Fan Boy's Cry. So no matter what they do i will be Happy and Dissapointed in same Time :)

Best Regard's

6. Quffy

Quffy Alien

So what if you paid 30eur? In the instant you paid money, you received early access to the game, and also received updates to the game. The game will be in early access/beta for as long as necessary. You can ask when they will release the "complete game" (version 1.0), but you cannot demand it and be angry at them for not releasing when you expect. Don't forget that secret is the soul of business, they can give you hints or short announcements like they've done so far, but no matter what the devs say, it has a high chance of not being what you expect. If the game is in beta phase, the best thing to do is to wait for the release candidate.
    If they asked beta testers to sign a non disclosure cause, then is only logical you won't get announcements or daily/weekly reports, even from the dev team.

When Marco said "Assetto Corsa is coming: new graphics, new shaders, new sounds, new effects, improved physics, improved 3D models, improved force feedback. And more to be unveiled.", he wasn't revealing any top secret from the beta phase, he was just saying what we already knew, but he said it to assure us they are working on that.

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

That discussion over and over again. And in every thread the same suspects with the same arguments. BOOOOORING

8. Magun

Magun Racer

Why you Peop's dont get it. Im not angry. Im still Playing this Game. Talk is Silver Shut it is Gold. So why they Promise stuff all the time? Thats the Problem. They say they will surpise us. Surprise is a Big word. And i wasnt the Guy who sayd the Nord's gonna be relased in September. All i want from Kunos is to Apologize and recognize that they promised to much. Something small like: "Sry dear Assetto Community we coudn't finish the Nord's yet and we cant hold the promised Date." The end. It is 1 sentence to inform that the information was wrong. But if they dont it seams like oh i dont give a monkey about what i said and promised and this f***** sucks in my opinion.

9. Magun

Magun Racer

Then stop Posting. Not all People are grwon with the English Language and the Search function is a lottery. If you type it right you find but if not you dont. So stop boring me with usless comment's. Why you even open the Thread?

10. Filippo94

Filippo94 Alien

Maybe I missed something, if you find it so boring, why you even posted here?

11. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

To be having closed beta tests at this stage indicates whatever they're testing is large enough to not be able to do it in-house which can only be seen as encouraging , especially with the time that's passed since the last update . Personally i've just forgot about it and just enjoy whats there for what it is .

Deatroy and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You know, this is like Terry Pratchett's Ank Morpork Street Theatre. If you don't entertain, you got vegetables thrown at you, at best ...
    :D

Edu Martinez. likes this.
  13. all of you are right, nervous, disappointed, frustrated, waiting for core updates and for the full 1.0. But ONLY for one reason

this game will be the best simulator and you know it !!!

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Shivering with anticipation...

15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Quite simply if something isnt out its not finished, that should be enough I think. Should the devs post here every day when something isnt ready for those that dont understand this basic thing.

There have been some fairly major changes such as a brand new sound engine. These were unplanned originaly but will add greatly to the end experiance. Such things surely will delay a release as they need to redo all sounds.

They quite simply could have added the remaining content and called it v1 months ago. It wouldnt have been finished but many dont seem to care about that they just want to see a shiny v1 in their game no matter if its actually at that release level or not.

We all bought a pre release version of the game and thats what we have. No promise beyond that was given other then you will get the final game when done and updates along the way as they are also done.

16. Magun

Magun Racer

That's exactly that what i dont want to. And that's why im "scared" a bit about this lack of information. Aswell it is the Reason why im asking this question's and worry about the future.

17. Jason101

Jason101 Gamer

OK I went a little overboard so driver swaps mid race might be to much for a basic sim racer ;) but my point and yes ill keep banging on about it because it IS important, are core gameplay features. Sure 300 versions of the Lotus etc. (exaggerating, but hopefully most here will understand) will bring the punters in, but for me when I signed up, I was half expecting at least a reasonably fleshed out RACING simulator by now, how about taking a particular series and run with it eg full length race, pit stops, flag rules. (the basics) I want Kunos to succeed I really do and what they have created is an amazing DRIVING simulator, fingers crossed all will be revealed soon and we will have a full fledged RACING simulator. keep going Kunos, a few little snippets of info here and there would make a world of difference, just saying. Cheers

18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Too many expectations, specially for not promised content of what you wish the game would be, without taking into consideration Kunos development plan, you are dive bombing into what the game should be for you, and not caring about the advertised in https://www.assettocorsa.net/features/ in the moment you bought the game.

justDrive and Enforcer-J like this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

You signed up pre release and there was always a bunvh of lotuses. Maybe youd be happier if there was only 1 and so 15 less cars?

Talking of a racing simulator have you driven the lotuses at all? Ive been having great fun racing them and a few beamers against others. The great thing is there are about 10 cars that are fairly close performance wise but all quite different to drive with different strengths and weaknesses.

We are even having a league race using mixed street cars mostly lotuses as a handicap system. Been some of the best racing we have had so far and we have raced quite a few seasons in different cars.

All you need for a good racing simulator is good content, physics and netcode. Sure we only do sprint races as there is no pitstops yet but 3 10-12 lap races is still good racing. You couod even do 25-30 laps in gt cars so an hour race.

When it comes to pickup server racing most people think 10 laps is an enduro lol. I wonder how many times you have even ran a full fuel stint in ac and your needing pitstops.

Even in real racing nearly all minor classes run no stop races so not having them isnt as critical as many think. Sure great once added but saying you cant race without is pretty silly.

One thing you can say for sure is ac is not an enduro racing simulator yet but you can quite well run any car on full fuel runs already so thats longer then most people will race anyway.

And the last point is you expected everything in pre release because thats where we still are and you expected more by now.

20. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

I'll write my own.......
    Dear Kunos,
    Don't read this, get back to finishing your simulation! However if you are crazy enough...

I know sometimes it sounds like many of us are a bunch of whingers, whiners, always complaining about the type of track, choice of cars, lack of certain features. Somehow as if we are entitled to something and can just demand what we want when we want, but please don't misunderstand us.

I bought your Assetto Corsa early release because the sim racing community said that you had equal or better physics.... car, tire and FFB to anything else. I tried Netkar Pro and then the Lotus at Magione, seems like a while ago, and yes best driving experience I have ever had on a computer so I signed up to early release.

Since then I have seen the simulation grow to what it is now. But you seem a bit scared...scared to be who you really are. Achievements and some other areas mean you are dipping into Arcade style territory, because maybe you feel this is where the money is and you need to do this to be successful and support yourselves, employees and families, perfectly understandable.

Maybe you are taking this approach becuase you feel that Netkar was not a success, but I feel that was because it was your learning curve, weaker tracks, fewer cars, no AI, no hype, no steam, no Ferrari. Nothing wrong with having these arcade features in AC for those who want them but leaving out the things that were best about NKP the core tire changes, engine starts are needed in AC, you don't need to dumb things down you can surely choose the level of difficulty in the menu if by default it's set to easy all assist on and track map with ideal line, but don't forget a hardcore mode at the other end of the slider.

The simulation Arcade market is huge and oversaturated, but there surely is a niche for you guys at the extreme simulation end of the market, look at Flight, sims, truck sims, car mechanic sims, A Goat Sim for heavens sake! I don't know for sure if you can make money with DLCs in the future from a hardcore group of racers, I'm not a gaming or maketing expert but my suspicion is you can, and be very successful.

Personally I'd rather be skiing, mountain biking, riding my motorcycle on a mountain road, karting or if I had the money doing track days in cars or on bikes. I don't really play games much these days, but I do play sims to hone my skills and for enjoyment, simple - cheap fun enjoyment in the comfort of my own home, and I only play driving simulations becuase they are the most fun and enjoyable, in fact I'd rather play motorcycle simulations, but adequate periferals and software do not currently exist. So I only want spend my time with the Racing Simulation that has the best physics and FFB - Assetto Corsa.

That's why I cry for features, complain for cars and tracks shout and scream, becuase I love AC, If I think you are taking a wrong turn or there's a lack of communication or I haven't had an update for a while, I can't sit by and say nothing, it's not because I'm a spoilt entitled annoying douche bag kid hiding behind an online forum, it's because I'm an addcit.

L

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Backmarker, donShere, BMASTER and 4 others like this.