1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dear kunos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Magun, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

We're not demanding every line of code, infact most of us would simply like a schedule update, perhaps a feature update as well. Like I said, it depends on where our money went, we could very well be considered investors as well. By the springing up of threads like this, some of the investors are worried. We could also very well not be investors, I am not sure which we are.

No by lack of communication I mean no public announcements on any official forums or mediums about any updates or release or DLC for over a month. "We have moved to closed beta" is the gist of it, found here on this site. Twitter and facebook reveal a bit more, but as the devs say, they CANNOT be considered official mediums. Only the AC twiiter and AC facebook are OFFICIAL. "Squezzing in stuff" as you say is listed nowhere on any offical site. If they want to use official mediums to communicate with users then do so. I don't think we should count unofficial statements as communication.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    GhettoRice and BMASTER like this.
  2. You are a CONSUMER....Nothing more; Your money went to purchase a game that is in early access.

3. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Did you care about that official Vs unofficial in the past? I hardly think so ;)
    This last month, AC facebook reveals :
    • LaFerrari roaring through Eau Rouge
    • Corvette C7r 3D model
    • Oculus rift development
    • And the last public update with SLS and stuff
    Just for the pics, I have not read all the comments and answers, I don't know if more info has been revealed that way.

4. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

SPA and LaFerrari are not news. These things have been previously annouced and revealed. I believe the corvette was also anounced a while ago,https://www.assettocorsa.net/chevrolet-corvette-official-license/, the fact that a modding team is doing the 3d work on it is news I guess. Occulus rift support is news, I suppose they should keep up with the latest iteration of the hardware if they advertise the support for the hardware on their main webite. News that it arrived and support is coming is great, I had not considered it, although it should probably be a given.

And yes I do care about the difference and have in the past, I have asked before if we can consider things confirmed. I am weary when a developer posts things unofficially only to come to the forums and tell us that those mediums are unofficial and in no way represent the final product. It could very well be a personal mod or a scpecific test build.

right but where did it end up? and at what point do you seperate our money from developer money in development cost, if it all goes into the final product. Alpha Romero being in the game might have been due to our contributions. IF our money went to adding content to the game then thats awesome, but IF at any point the money was used to keep salaries paid, well I'd start calling us employers to some degree, which is the arguement I propose. I don't know where our money was used, and it's likely you don't either.

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

By any means you are not an employer for buying fruits from a store and helping the store to pay the employees and cover the costs/make profit. You're still a customer.

6. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

Right but if I pay the farmers, the ones developing the product, I would be an employer. Their job exists solely on the basis that I(or we) pay them for their labor. They could take their employment elsewhere and not produce a product for me. Keeping a store open is a completely different thing. They develop a service, not a product.

In early access this is touchy. Can you really advertise the final product as one thing, but use the money from early access to help it reach that state without calling it crowdfunding? You ask someone else to take the burden of costs off of the team, that sounds like an investor to me. Perhaps employer is the incorrect word.

7. 8005405122_73499bd364_z.jpg BuR3HQOCEAAtoO_.jpg cat-reactions-10.jpg facepalm cat.jpg facepalm-cat-e1342180985100.jpg images.jpg marco cat facepalm.jpg

Just pick one....wow

Eduardo Aguiar, Deatroy and mms like this.
  8. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I give up too.

9. A.r.e.s.

A.r.e.s. Hardcore Simmer

Fact is if they use our money to help reach v1.0, then the game has been crowdfunded to some degree. If we did not purchase it, there may not have been a v1.0. I'm not saying that how it is, I'm simply suggesting that because we don't know, some people may have a right to ask questions.

10. removed by mod

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  11. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Fact is you are still a customer, not employer or investor.

BTW should I tell people in the grocery store that I'm their employer? I think they don't know this yet.

nate and Deatroy like this.
  12. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Getting back onto the game itself, I hope at some point they find the time to have another look at the way the gfx engine applies AA. Whilst it has undoubtedly improved since the original implementation which was jaggie-central, what we have now is some way behind what it could be.

13. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I don't care if the game is crowd funded, makes no difference whatsoever. But we are still not employing Kunos at any degree. We are contributing with monetary (and feedback) support on the product/service they are developing. We do not own them, they have every right to act as a company and keep what they want internally. They said the features for release, they said the work being done during beta phase, but they don't have to reveal everything, either from willing to surprise us or to not lose community trust when announcing something during development and then having to hold it back.

14. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

Why don't we all stop this for now and wait at least 2 weeks from now. Maybe we get an update or more official information from Kunos in this time. If yes, we can talk about the update/information. If not, we can start to worry/argue/bash/whine/rant again like we do now.
    I think most of us have said what they wanted to say and we know who thinks what of the situation.

15. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

I see all of this as a plus. Month or two of waiting and then bam! And all of the loud people will be silent again enjoying new build with new content :-D And personally I'll rather will be surprised a little bit about what everything will be included in next update rather then being spoiled and wait even more impatiently ;o) Anyway em I only one knowing that everybody in Kunos working hard to bring us something special again? I think they are "silent" for a purpose and this itself maybe indicating something big is close. Who knows what everything else has been developed behind the public builds ;o)

1karl1 likes this.
  16. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

I'd rather know what I will get. Since I'm doing updatechecks every week, I'd like to know in advance when I get a new car or track, so I can plan which combos we will have a look at.

17. Hanzales

Hanzales Racer

First I thought the same. Like they should let us know when approximately all the tracks and cars will be released and some details about upcoming features planned to be finished/developed, but now I see it differently a little bit. I think 1-2 months are not a long time. We've just used for 14 days updates and now more stuffs need to be finished and internally tested at once and thats all I think. Maybe they just won't give us empty promises and they will announce more details as soon as they will be sure about nothing will break at the finish line. We all remember MP release and the unpredictable "f*ck" happened just few hours before the build should comes out ;o) I think something big will be announced soon and it will not be more than 2-3 weeks. Personally rather thinking about November ;o)

18. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

The 2 weeks update schedule was broken before summer I guess but, back in the day, not much complaining showed up.

19. What part of "we are lucky to be able to play this simulation right now" do some people not understand? Yes, without our money Kunos may not have been able to fund development of Assetto Corsa, but getting early access to what is already a rather impressive product is more than enough compensation for me.

20. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

if you pay me for a product i make then you are my customer.. not my employer..