1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Damage model

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Darkkis, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

What do you guys think of the new damage model? I find it very weird, because even if you drive 200km/h to the wall and you damage front/rear so they turn red and, still the drivability seems to be the same. And engine damage doesn't seem to affect performance either? Maybe only thing that seems to make the difference is the axel damage which really makes the car undrivable.

Visual damage is cool though. Would be cool addition if tyres could fall off though. :D

Rui Santos and ov1diu like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions New damage model? Sep 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Damage model? Apr 26, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Damage Modelling Jul 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions is there a planned damage model? Mar 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Damage model?? Feb 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Why there aren't damage model how old sims? Oct 11, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Damage model Sep 8, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Damage model May 28, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Nissan nismo gt3 damage model Mar 12, 2015
    General modding discussion Damage model discussion Oct 16, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Damage model ver 1.0 not working in practice? Oct 15, 2014
    General modding discussion Realistic damage modeling Apr 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Damage Modelling Nov 10, 2013
    ACC Multiplayer Change damage multiplier? Jun 17, 2022
    ACC Physics What does damage actually DO? Apr 6, 2021

3. demerzel

demerzel Racer

I'm expected something more drastical. LoL

4. Briklebritt

Briklebritt Simracer

Is it possible to turn of visual damage? Windscreen is broken after first corner in AI race...

F2kSel and endgame like this.
  5. MaRcIu

MaRcIu Gamer

I can't blow up a tyre. has someone succeeded at this?

Rui Santos likes this.
  6. Lost Tea Pot

Lost Tea Pot Rookie

Idk, but I does seem the windscreens in this game have been modelled on frozen rice paper. Against AI I got tapped on a straight (would barely have knock the wing mirror IRL) and suddenly theres a spiderweb on my screen.

pigsy and 7he4Ce like this.
  7. I'm sure that the damage is still WIP, and there will be more to come when it comes to the damage effects.
    I'm happy that its there for 1.0, personally I didnt expect that.

8. Maki89

Maki89 Racer

I love all these "damage" related threads on a game that has a lot of cars that cost over $300,000 in reality.

9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep it seems to be just a placeholder for proper damage model ...

where is the connection ? when i hit back of another car with enough force my radiator and possibly suspension should be damaged and it should effect behavior on my car .. seems to be legit request having it in good sim :)
    and expecting visual damage to be on the proper side of a car (that one I hit something with) is reasonable too :)

that is why I take it as damage model in early state od development .... AC has a long way ahead .. but at least seems to be on a right way ..

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    pigsy and Jebus like this.
  10. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

Aaand... Your point was exactly what? How is the price relevant to simulation?

Rui Santos likes this.
  11. Epocx

Epocx Alien

looks like the setting is missing.
    also the windscreen cracks are a little bit low resolution.

the damage model is still missing alot but i dont care too much though, it will come later probably.

12. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

it will be matter of tweaking to make sure that the damage is 'computed' right, but I don't think they will come up with entire different method of handling how damage works

alex72 likes this.
  13. cooknn

cooknn Alien

I have been pretty impressed with how they implemented damage. I just want that hud to go away.

14. Maki89

Maki89 Racer

It's just a simple joke.

15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well until you have pits where you can repair damage that influece car behavior there is no point to have "realistic"damage .. but it would be nice to have both :)

16. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

that would certanily be great to see :) .. especially if pit crew can be running around car replacing the damaged bits :) .. or at least doing something ( car going into garage, and then being take apart , )

well, I will keep dreaming about this for a while and then let it go

17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

From some medium damage condition on the damage indicator does not go away, which is not nice to stare at all the time. It should stay for some seconds, and then get deleted until the next impacts adds some rubble to the track.

I also wonder why it is so big, all the default apps are so big. That's why I use the apps "Miniapps", but currently they are not working with 1.0

menos | M6, VeRDe and garyjpaterson like this.
  18. Quffy

Quffy Alien

If you're using a small game resolution, then the apps will appear bigger than normal.

19. Dave Kafato

Dave Kafato Gamer

for the windscreen damage to not show set
    [DAMAGE]
    GLASS_THRESHOLD=0.99
    in file assetto_corsa.ini located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    ir Sindaco, ZenÄ…, pigsy and 2 others like this.
  20. Ditto. That should be hidden with the on-screen apps.

menos | M6 likes this.
  21. endgame

endgame Racer

Same. Running GT2 races at Spa, I always get tapped by the AI, even light touches cracks the windscreen (no offence but the cracks look very low rez) and brings up the huge damage indicator which will not go away.