1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Things you need to know in Assetto Corsa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rzr1, Mar 1, 2014.

1. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

I think it has to do with the timming beetwen oponents,gap etc..Will check later :).

2. Johnny H

Johnny H Rookie

Does anyone know how to silence the in-game announcer?.. I'm well aware that my 'A.B.S is ON' and usually notice when I've completely over-cooked a corner and I've got my 'WHEELS OUT'!.. I've searched the forums and the in-game audio settings but unless I'm not seeing the wood for the trees, I can't find it... :confused:

rzr1 likes this.
  3. Ctrl+Q turns off the damage overlay.

rzr1 and LudoK like this.
  4. Johnny H

Johnny H Rookie

Fabulous.. Thanks buddy ;)

5. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Ctrl + Q - added to first post. Thanks for your input :)

6. RobB

RobB Rookie

I used that and it says to use 22% , impossible in cockpit mode I cant get the car right using onboard settings the car dash and wheel is just huge in my face , feels good using TV cockpit mode in the open wheelers but cockpit mode is useless .

my figures are , 30 inch monitor , 16- 10 ratio , 1680 x 1050 res , 42 inches from eyes .

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

FOV setting works only in cockpit mode. You can simulate bonnet view in cockpit by entering set driverEye.z=1 in console (Home key), it'll get preserved for this car model if you save onboard settings. You will also gain some FPS by eliminating dashboard as a bonus.

8. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Yes, but please note that the FOV will be saved for all cars. At least it did before the 1.0 RC.

9. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

If this is going to be the one place for all tips and tricks, then you might as well include the whole list of keyboard shortcuts in the OP. Or at least a link to it. :)
    Edit: I see that things like Ctrl + Q and Ctrl+ +- (numpad) are missing from the list. Probably hasn't been updated for a while.

10. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Hmm the keyboard shorcuts faq list has greatly improved since the time i made the original post.I try to keep this up to date, i already added ctrl+q on the original post a few days ago and i`l also give a link to this for more.I`m thinking maybe to give more detailed info for turbo as it`s pretty improtant and easy to miss for newcomers.Thanks for the tip :)

11. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Updated with 14,15,16 :)
    I will add saturation control tomorrow with photos just because AC looks so good :p

12. PADIN

PADIN Gamer

Add the method to convert f5 cam un free cam and how to move the cam and stop un afixed position;)

13. BadDan

BadDan Gamer

Is there a way to dial the Turbolevel up and down? I wish to raise/lower the chargelevel with a dial on my wheel and not via numberkeys on my keyboard.

14. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

I`m affraid not.Or at least there is not an obvious way since the mapping for the turbo level buttons are missing in the setup-controls menu.

15. Josabooba

Josabooba Racer

rzr1 likes this.
  16. rzr1

rzr1 Simracer

Thanks for your input.I will :)

17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for keeping this updated. Have a few clarifications:
    a. Ctrl-A seems to only turn ABS Off, but nothing happens when you press Ctrl-A again, say if you want to turn it on again.
    b. Is there a way to manage Apps displayed for certain sessions (ex. with Electronics App if driving an F1 car and off when using other cars, Live Trackers/Helicorsa for MP and off if SP, etc.). Perhaps these are stored in a settings file, so that even primitive, it can be backedup/restored before a session?

18. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Pressing Ctrl+A has always worked for me to turn ABS On again or switch between levels of ABS.

What's interesting that I haven't seen anythere mentioned that Ctrl+W disables stability control, however pressing it again doesn't turn it ON. Is it a bug?

19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, in my case, first pressing Ctrl-A turns ABS off (with a message), but succeeding presses doesn't show any message. In your case, it displays both OFF and ON messages, for every press?

LudoK likes this.
  20. Chillbill84

Chillbill84 Rookie

If you have your setting in the menu to factory and you do not have ABS like ex. shelby cobra and you press ctrl-A it shows it's off. When you press again it won't change because you don't have ABS.