1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Top 10 things you would add/fix/change in assetto corsa

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by john oliver, Oct 27, 2014.

1. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

for me the most important would be...

1:Force Feedback its too stiff/springy and needs more detail
    2:A.I must be improved to the level of GSCE or better
    3:Flag rules a must for single player and multiplayer
    4:a more detailed damage model (parts falling off) and better visual damage
    5:custom championship mode for single and multiplayer
    6:Better server ui (be able to add cars/tracks that cycle in one session and be able to select a car skin)
    7:Better shadows (they flicker far too much)
    8:Fix lights in replays
    9:Visual Flat spots and tire deg
    10:voice chat in multiplayer

I cant speak for everyone but this for me would make ac awesome:)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
    7he4Ce likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay AI disqualified( not attempting to pit during mandatory pitstops ) Mar 5, 2024
    General modding discussion TOP 10 car mods for Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2023
    ACC User Interface CTRL+Left/right for HUD moving stopped working Dec 10, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Did the developer stop updating events on xbox series x? Nov 20, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ferrari 296GT3 / suddenly extreme topspeed. Jul 2, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting No FFB after switch to Desktop Apr 20, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox controller rumble randomly stops working correctly Mar 16, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Nitrado pitstops Mar 13, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Pitstop countdown Mar 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Mid-Race Saves in Championship Mode Stop Working Feb 22, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Laptop or? Jan 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions FFB issue topic ..again (DD PRO) Dec 7, 2022
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI behavior on pit stops Nov 20, 2022
    Physics Bugs & Issues ACC keeps crashing non stop Nov 4, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC stops at startup Logo Screen Oct 26, 2022

3. TCLF

TCLF Alien

How many of these threads will be made before kunos locks them...

Patrik Marek likes this.
  4. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

- fwd racecars
    - better accessibility in mp (joining or setting up servers as easy as in race 07 f.e.)
    - just more tracks
    - rain (just really curious what driving in the rain in ac would feel like and I want to become better in it)
    - 24h cycle/night racing (if i must add a fith one)

I know these things aren't done in a blink of an eye
    but for the rest I think AC has nailed it almost perfectly

5. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

its constructive and I havnt seen any more like this and its only ideas nothing wrong with it
    im guessing your not in to having the game improved and that's fair enough but at least if kunos take notice it can only be good for ac

7he4Ce and Tim Meuris like this.
  6. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

idd
    I'm not expecting anything from kunos
    but dreaming out loud isn't a crime, right?

7. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

it would seem it is a crime looking at one reply in here for some reason people seem to be against improvements its baffling

8. Dude27

Dude27 Hardcore Simmer

1/ A decent photomode (of course a look-alike GT photomode would be the cherry on the cake)
    2/ more detailed guides/tutos for the graphic/sound/career engine
    3/ A more realistic DOF (Depth of field)
    4/ Weather PPs, don't need to be dynamic... but AC needs an Overcast preset!
    5/ Realistic rain with realistic reflections and cars light on the track (see last videos of Project CARS)
    6/ A much better Career mode (more in-depth, more interesting).
    7/ Official racing series: don't have to be well known at first.
    8/ Karting!
    9/ More cars for each class (especially the older ones: Lotus 49, F412, Lotus 98T, OLD DTM, etc...)
    and most importantly:
    10/ A track side replay sound that raise the realism bar where no one has gone before (not even RRE)!!!

john oliver likes this.
  9. Epocx

Epocx Alien

if they would want to read all the posts they had to STOP DEVELOPING to make the free time to read them!!!!!!!

10. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Don´t actually agree with most of these. What I´d like are things like:

- support rigid axles and trailing arms maybe for modding
    - all wheel drive
    - SP pitstops
    - point to point racing with correct timing
    - glass damage reduced / set per car. Doesn´t really fit in the classic Lotus' for example.
    - turbo controls and TC / ABS on programmable buttons

I think most of this is under development, with the axles and AWD as required with the official cars, and the other things mostly mentioned allready by the devs.

So I am pretty happy about it right now. Waiting patiently for the DLC and RUF Yellowbird now!

11. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I don't even know how it went from me thinking there are a lot of threads with this same feature to you guessing that I am not in to having the game improved in a single sentence, but that aside.

but ye I'll leave it to this. Seems like I overestimated the amount of threads with this feature.

12. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

Definitely your top 5 for me too plus

6: midrace saves
    7: dynamic weather
    8: real live dynamic track based on cars lines (not just global improvement)
    9: more race tracks
    10: get rid of shimmering on buildings and armco barrier

13. WallyM

WallyM Alien

1. Sound improvements: better opponent sound balancing - making them louder, attenuating their volume less at a distance, louder tyre scrubbing, realistic track reverb.
    2. Get rid of the arcadey starts - use track lights, allow you to be in gear at the start. Jump start detection with pit lane drive through penalties.
    3. Better yellow and blue flags and penalties instead of the 5 second arcade slowdown - proper pit lane drive through penalties, stop/go penalties etc.
    4. Ballast to compress the field in league races.
    5. Improved damage system, more commensurate and localised with the impact- i.e. no windscreen shattering for a rear bumper tap. Ability to turn off certain damages on the server - e.g. No gearbox damage, no engine damage, body damage only.
    6. Allow online players to choose their own skins! (as a league admin... PLEASE).
    7. Rubbering/gripping racing line (not the whole track).
    8. Night racing for 24 hr enduro style racing.

LudoK and john oliver like this.
  14. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

would love your 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 guess almost all of it :)

15. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

if kunos took note of the most wanted fixes/features this game would be the best sim out there!

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

I think the gtr means that awd will be in game for sure.

17. Darren Marsh

Darren Marsh Racer

• Steam friends filter on the server list. i.e. only show servers your friends are in.
    • UI support for the rift, plus direct mode and/or automatically open on the rift display.
    • Option to automatically load the 'last' setup or save a setup as the default.
    • Ability to save and watch the replay while in the session like iRacing.
    • Option to automatically save hotlap replay + telemetry

18. Oh look, another wishlist thread. Cute.

What makes this one so special and different that it doesn't belong with the others in the 'suggestions' section of the forum?

Show of hands please; which of you guys thinks that you have listed or mentioned something that the devs have never heard/and or/thought of before?

19. Darren Marsh

Darren Marsh Racer

Oh look, another forum policeman. Cute.

Show of hands if you think people should just skip threads they're not interested in, or use the report button and let the moderators deal with it instead of being whiny *****es.

I'm aware of the irony.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  20. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

My wishlist:

1. The end of forum policing by self entitled dbags.
    2. The ability to make constructive suggestions without being attacked even if they have been made before and the devs aware.
    3. The ability to discuss constructive suggestions without being attacked even if they have been made before and the devs aware .
    4. People that really know very little about the simulation telling us what will definitely be 'in' and 'out'.
    5. More communication from the developers to communicate in terms of core features, definates, maybes, possibles and nos so we can stop asking.
    6. Some kind of measures to make MP playable and prevent idiots and inexperienced drivers making it unbearable destruction derby
    7. Flags
    8. False starts
    9. AI that doesn't queue up behind you if you slow down on the racing line
    10. Ability to stop floating lights, triangles damage huds

21. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

your input is isnt needed or required just move on some of us actually want things to improve so don't even come here trying to DERAIL yet another thread

Tim Meuris and Juergen Herrmann like this.