1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Really bored of people ruining online racing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ACJJ619, Nov 3, 2014.

1. ACJJ619

ACJJ619 Racer

We need to start naming and shaming the clowns who constantly ruin the online racing. Too often I spend an evening qualifying and racing only to be binned out of the race by some bitter ***** who is too incapable to race so he resorts to binning me.

This is too much of a serious game to be dealing with these people. I'd expect it from Need for Speed but this? No way.

Here's one clown from earlier:

And another from the same race:

The voting system needs changing. I've seen hundreds of voting initiated and not once has it succeeded. I've never seen a person kicked, a session skipped or a session restarted. What does it take to follow through the vote? 100% of people voting yes? Or just 50% of the players?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering is really slow and delayed. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions G923 really that better than G920? Dec 30, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Really don't get the way GPU/GFX works in this game even with 50% overhead Jun 18, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos A car without number plate, it is really possible? May 31, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer A Report Option would really improve the open lobby experience Apr 15, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Really want to use my G2 for ACC (Andrew_wot please contribute) Mar 21, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G29 FFB : is anyone really happy and satisfied? (Vote) Nov 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Really strange problem...Mercedes gear ratio Jul 28, 2020
    ACC General Discussions A Really Honest Talk About ACC Pricing in Brazil [505 - REPORTED TO PUBLISHER] Jul 23, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Really Easy VR Guide Step By Step Jul 22, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Really annoying problem with view changing at start of race Jul 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Is it just me or are peoples eyes really hurting after even a 10m race? XBOX One X Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Audio Really loud random bang in game Mar 29, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Simracers storytime (TL;DR - I really, really enjoy ACC) Dec 10, 2019

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

The problem with sim racing is that by its nature it does not lend itself well to pick-up, casual or pubby racing. If you want clean, fair racing you need to race with a group of people who are practiced in that track with that car. Try league racing.

4. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Ugh... Not a solution. A few tweaks to the mp system will solve 80% of the problems

5. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

Really the only 'fix' for this is by joining a group racing with like minded people. You can find many here.

Sadly the same goes for every game.. It's not just AC...

Edit:
    No amount of tweaks, rules, grass glue, invisible walls, flags, or car bombs... will cure this cancer in online racing... never had and never will.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  6. ACJJ619

ACJJ619 Racer

I'd have thought people playing a racing sim would be interested in racing though. Who would buy a realistic racing sim (and probably a wheel) just to mess about? I understand Forza or NFS because they're easier for casual players who just vaguely like cars and going fast. Assetto Corsa is for racing enthusiasts. Why are racing enthusiasts waiting for the leaders to lap them so they can bin them?

Chevalier D'Harmental and nate like this.
  7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Racer

A lot of it is unintentional. Some people just suck at racing. It's easy to put up one good lap then think you have it down and you're ready to race! I see that in pubbies all the time esp. when there is limited practice time or you jump on the server late in practice. When you hop on a server when practice is almost over or in quali, you should really just leave- but most people have an over-inflated sense of their own talent level and and lack the self control to find another race. Sim racing is difficult therefore it is not conducive to positive public or pick up racing experiences. Like Snjper said- it goes for all [sim racing] games.

In fact part of being practiced with that car/track combo is knowing what the car is like on cold tires with cold brakes with low grip (T1 in the race), with hot tires, hot brakes good grip (Lap 3 with most cars) and with worn tires, hot brakes and a rubbered in track (end of race). Most of the idiots you see racing online are well intentioned but like they say- the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Join a league.

8. Senna5150

Senna5150 Gamer

Don't get me wrong I really enjoy AC but if I want to enjoy a competitive race online, iRacing is the solution for me.

villa.br and Backmarker like this.
  9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

The thing about games like forza, gt, nfs etc.. is that even if you crash and hammer other cars, no one's gonna lose the race because of it. A perfect race in those games mean you "are supposed" to race dirty. It is totally the opposite in sim racing games, but some people don't understand that, so they find it funny when they get a chance to screw over someone's race, but in the end is only sad.

Yes but not at rookie levels, because when you race in those ranks you get the same level of multiplayer as here. Basically the clean races in iracing are equal to organized races in assetto, which aren't open to all the public, same way as in iracing the clean races aren't open to everyone, just to who earned it.

irfan.pratama, alex72, Snjper and 3 others like this.
  10. Fairbanks

Fairbanks Simracer

I can feel your pain. I've only started out with "serious" simracing in Assetto Corsa and, judging by my own observation, I have dramatically improved my skill over the last couple of months (nothing worth mentioning among the hardcore simmers). But nevertheless, my expectations have grown bigger, and I tend to get upset whenever people park their cars on the track, cut chicanes, punt people off the tarmac in order to overtake, let alone drive in the opposite direction. Mostly I just sneer and leave the server because the whole session is ruined, and you cannot undo the damage done, and you have technically wasted your time trying to qualify up in the good places.

League racing would be the best choice, however I myself haven't taken that final step yet. I'm afraid I'd be left in the dust when the "real" racers get to work, or that I'd be just in the way of everybody and get kicked out. But I like the idea of a few nice people practicing and racing on a private server, giving each other advice and, of course, explanations, reasons, and apologies for mess-ups. That's something you only rarely see on public servers.

I think that is an interesting notion. Gaining trust and acknowledgment is something that I feel whenever I get into close encounters with people who react consciously, give me something to remember positively.

11. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Its been discussed before, but there are several things that can make public racing cleaner;

- A on-board admin, who can warn people or kick people at will (this would need global chat enabled too).
    - A ban list for repeat offenders.
    - Better netcode for collisions. Right now the cars "pinball" off one another, causing more collisions.
    - Removal of 5 second throttle cut, it causes more accidents from people rejoining at like 50kph.
    - Louder opponent cars so that I can hear when another car is close.
    - And lastly, from the community it needs better road manners. Don't just dawdle in the middle of the track during qualifying, or go into Eau Rouge at 100kph slower than race pace with cars behind, it just causes incidents and is rude to other racers. I forget the number of times that people have been just wandering around across the track in qualifying, totally oblivious to the fact that ive just rocked up behind them doing 50kph faster. Rule of thumb should be, if you are on a lap, put your lights on, then its up to other people to move out of the way.

12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Some organized racing clubs or leagues can provide excellent racing with like-minded people. Accidents will still happen occasionally but, it's not so bad when you know people are sincere and apologetic when they make mistakes. I'm sure many here can recommend some options for Club & League Racing. I have been involved in Club Races organized by Race Department. They are great fun and have scheduled races in various countries.

Leemstradamus likes this.
  13. Nekrobob

Nekrobob Hardcore Simmer

14. Nyowa225

Nyowa225 Hardcore Simmer

Any time you have a group with over maybe 20 people you're guaranteed at least one idiot that will ruin it for everyone else. As has been discussed endlessly, until we get proper blacklists or at least tools to kick people, the only way you're going to race online in AC and have fun is with a league or with friends.

Making the millionth thread this week about how annoying the immature children online are isn't going to solve anything. Instead of wasting your time here, make another thread about starting a league saying you'll only accept people who race cleanly. Then make an invite-only steam group and create a password protected server to race on, and change the password every day only posting it on the steam group's page. Then kick out anyone you feel is ramming on purpose. Eventually you'll get enough players that race cleanly to have fun.

DoctorMuerte and kolbenfresa2 like this.
  15. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Maybe if your iRating drops in your first races... if you're fast enough to keep it at or above where it starts (1300), you drive with the other competent rookies. Not perfect but it's more 'racing incident' than 'intentionally ruining your race'.

16. Rayrush

Rayrush Gamer

When their is a deliberate driver ruining games, and their are many it shouldn't take so many to have to press kick to get them out. Why does such a high percentage of drivers have to kick before a bad driver is removed?

17. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Oh, the whole join a 'league join a league join a league join a league' mantra repeated again gets really tiresome.

I've played in dirty leagues, many leagues meet once a week when I'm at work or asleep or at the pub. I've also played clean public racing. Maybe if you live in Europe you've got some real options that suit your timezone or ping, but don't presume everyone is in your boat.

You don't need a league just some more code and some imagination. Because ideas haven't been implemented yet or have only been on one simulator doesn't mean it's impossible.

18. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Or, you simply just get better and smarter racing on public, I've gotten pretty good at avoiding T1 crashes, drivers using blinkers, noob brakers etc, and simply get to and stay in top 5 for usually good racing. Sometimes I get in top 5, or pole, by lap 1. Sometimes I do get pushed off, fall back to 22nd and just do a Hamilton back to top 5, that's fun too. Even to push off the wreckers trying to wreck me when I lap them has made me feel like the Chuck Norris of pubby servers at times, I know I'm not alone on this ;)
    In the end, they give up, or if you stay on the server for maybe 1-2 races, the more fair/good drivers will fill the grid, and the easier to actually get the votesystem to work.
    Plz, it's been like this since dawn of simrace and I think the message has gone through to the small team that just got over alpha.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    Rift Racer, Minolin, alex72 and 5 others like this.
  19. ACJJ619

ACJJ619 Racer

Joining a league is impractical though, because it's scheduled. What if I wanna jump on and race say...now? I don't wanna have to dedicate a certain timeslot in my life to have a decent race. This is a racing simulation game directed at racing enthusiasts. I should be able to jump online whenever I want and more-often-than-not have a good race. At the moment, whether it's because the game lacks the features or the community just isn't what I thought it would be - I can't do this. I jump online and find myself surrounded by 9 year olds who appear to have spent £250 on the game and a wheel to completely ignore the brake pedal at turn 1.

20. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

Publicness = nuttyness . Bad side is the unpredictability of it but that's also the good side . Just upgraded from dfgt to g27 3 days ago and although i'm still feeling like i'm trying to text on 8 fones simultaneously while doing a crossword i've managed to win a couple of races in public lobbies which is encouraging and need all i can get atm ;)

shiftA likes this.
  21. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Why, just because OP couldn't read forum rules or use search function?:)
    No one else seem to care and rather be eager to help. So pls relax;)