1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Drivingitalia interview with marco massarutto

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by VELOCIPEDE, Nov 12, 2014.

1. VELOCIPEDE

VELOCIPEDE Racer

Backmarker, fioc, steno and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions ACC: Marco Massarutto interview by DrivingItalia [ITA] Mar 13, 2018
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC Summer Cup - GT4 Season - GT3 Season by DrivingItalia Jul 22, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC] Drivingitalia Audi TT Endurance Cup from January 2020 Dec 27, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC] Drivingitalia Formula 3 RSR Championship from January 2020 Dec 27, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC] Drivingitalia GT Series season 2: subscription open Dec 27, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC] Cube Control GT Series by Drivingitalia: 24 Hours of Spa - 7 January Dec 27, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room AC Competizione: DrivingItalia.NET 24 Hours of SPA - 26 July Jul 11, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room DrivingItalia 3 Hours of Monza - tonight live by GPTV (registration open) Jun 25, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room DrivingItalia LMP1 Endurance Championship (from January) Dec 17, 2018
    Online Leagues / Championships room DrivingItalia Formula Abarth and Alfa 155 V6 championships Sep 10, 2018
    Online Leagues / Championships room Sparco TopDriver Challenge by DrivingItalia.NET Jun 9, 2017
    Online Leagues / Championships room DrivingItalia single FUN Races for all Mar 19, 2017
    Online Leagues / Championships room [ITA] DrivingItalia mini champs: Tatuus Challenge - GTC Cup Dec 11, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room [drivingitalia] Official Championships Dec 4, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room DSC Formula Abarth CUP & DSC 500 Abarth CUP by DrivingItalia - Driving Simulation Center Mar 14, 2016

3. kro

kro Simracer

I cant get the page to translate ..

4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Yes we need those...
    [​IMG]

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

awesome interview. I love how at one point they are talking about meteors.

6. steno

steno Gamer

great interview !

steam workshop
    gt40 historic and gt3
    no rain and night ( probably )
    30 new cars in the next year
    new suspensions type and 4x4
    dec/jan dlc + nordschleife
    new tools for mp server

Ace Pumpkin, cooknn and Kristaps like this.
  7. shiftA

shiftA Racer

Did ya hear/read that wreckers and cheats? New tools for multiplayer servers ha ha ha nah nah na :D:D

Franc_23 likes this.
  8. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

9. larcos

larcos Gamer

like, ever, or in the near future ?

10. kro

kro Simracer

Can someone translate this to English please? :) I triyed but my translator pgrm won't do the URL

Thx. :)

11. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Interesting interview, happy to hear they're working on improving the game further (and cannot wait for the Ring!). About rain and night racing, I agree about the points but still feel that if this is a simulator they had better include them at some point. Assetto Corsa feels so good to drive that one asks oneself "wow, how would it feel with the rain?". And another feature of Assetto Corsa is the Photo mode... many people just love to LOOK at the cars! So adding night and rain would make this ..fetish? hobby even more rewarding.

If I can, I'd like to make the devs a bit more angry :p by adding another request: WIND! Why not? It doesn't require heavy work on the graphics, but it adds to the realism.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  12. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

use chrome it translates auto magically

13. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

Same here...But I like what i'm reading here so far :)

14. Well there it is, no night/rain until AC2 in a couple to three years. Makes sense from a business standpoint. Can't wait until Dec/Jan for the Ring DLC; getting more server controls with it will be a nice bonus for sure!

Homicidium likes this.
  15. kro

kro Simracer

I'm using Chrome but no joy .. hmmmm ? I even tried copping and pasting the entire thing in a bing translator but it only gave me 2 paragraphs then I was lost lol that translator seems to work fine on other sites but give me a msg regarding how it dosent like the URL ...

anyway I'm over it ..

..but the server controls and possible results files are what im interested in . so Dec/Jan for new server commands sounds good .

16. some1pl

some1pl Alien

So for those who can't use google translate:

-The Ring in Dec/Jan
    -Plans to release about 30 additional cars in 2015 (and of course polish and improve the game too, like more server controls, AI improvements and so on)
    -Alfa Romeo Tipo 33/2 Daytona, Ford Mustang 2015, Ford GT40 (original), and Ford GT GT3 confirmed
    -Steam Workshop support after 1.0
    -no night/rain in the foreseeable future

Correct me please if I did some facts wrong.

The interview is very good and I hope something similar will be released in English, as Marco makes some interesting points.

Homicidium and Whitestar like this.
  17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

^
    google translator works for translating all the paragraphs. It is understandable with the auto translation to english.

18. Using Google Chrome, right click on the text and choose 'translate to English'......The translation isn't perfect by any means, but it is close enough you can figure out what is being said.

19. matjas92

matjas92 Simracer

Haven't even read the interview myself but what I read here sounds great!

That makes me wonder, the list of free content after 1.0, it sounds logical to me that would be released before the dlc, which could mean we could get some surprises soon.

Excitement, excitement everywhere...

20. From what I have heard, there will be no more content and/or features released until after 1.0.....Free content will be released when it is ready after 1.0

21. He didnt exactly say that. He said that AC is created so that the resources is used as well as possible to make the most out of the experience it is aimed for. Day time racing that looks good and feels even better. That ultimately means that alternative light sources that would produce realistic headlights, tracklights etc... to make night racing a realistic experience, would require rewriting the engine, and that would be a big task to undertake, which makes Night an unlikely feature for AC. Other option would be a "workaround" like iRacing has for example, but that wouldnt serve as a real night/day cycle.

About rain, he said that there was a decent effort made to bring it to NKPro and it worked ok. Its very few driving hours in comparison to the dry that rain would get, so its importance is not high in his opinion considering the time and effort to make such a feature rather than some other improvements and content that could be done instead. They dont want to repeat the mistakes in the past (NKPro) and do something to compromise the strategy and future plans for AC for one additional feature.
    That being said, he said that one cant say no to that kind of features, because they are in demand especially by the hardcore audience, so it is possible in the future that rain will be featured in AC (no promises).

I found it interesting that he mentioned URD being part of developing of 3 cars in Dreampack (3D modeling perhaps?). Its really great to see the modders getting exiting projects like this, and their work ending up as official content like the Cobra. ;)

Snooky, Bill Wiskins, PhenOm and 6 others like this.