1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

.ini files on ac graphics - how to

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by andrea_gi, Oct 23, 2014.

1. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

yeah, should post them fullsize...but if the difference was more evidedent 1 of the 2 should been worse...and i don't go back in quality...:p

2. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

a try to replicate a bad camera illumination

Screenshot 2014-12-04 08.44.07.png

Screenshot7915.jpg

and a some relaxing view after that

Screenshot15405.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    liakjim and ears1991 like this.
  3. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

second try

Attached Files:

4. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Do you find your autoexposure works well for cockpit and external cams? particularly white cars, even the default PP massively overexposes them (min autoexposure is set to 1.2 i think and needs to go down to 0.7ish to be OK) clipping all of the details on external cams, but no matter how you set the target, either the cockpit will end up underexposed or the whites in external cams will be clipped. Im guessing the custom curves in sweetfx might allow you to fix this. e92 m3 in white is a nice test as the hood has nice contours which get destroyed by the default PP at 13.00. either way, needing such a wide autoexposure range will lead to too many undesirable exposure transitions in cockpit view, so my thinking is custom curves or white level in sweetfx is the only solution (separate PP for cockpit and external would probably work too).... if so then i might have to take the plunge and start using sweetfx, or just disable PP altogether, although what I have now is better than default PP, but it seems crazy to have whites clipped, its a shame yebis doesnt offer some of the aforementioned functions like sweetfx.

5. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

sweetfx have a usefull function that shift levels, so i can higher white limit to bring back detail at high light, btw the key for realism is imperfection, and for my pp set i leave a little burning at higher level as u can see
    nur 16.00 radent light white car (lucky you i was testing a white car....)
    Screenshot3930.jpg Screenshot4970.jpg Screenshot2792.jpg Screenshot2151.jpg Screenshot5733.jpg

qinetic, L_White_S and ears1991 like this.
  6. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

^^for sure a little burning is fine, that looks perfect, if that config still looks perfect in cockpit view then sweetfx really is the only way!

7. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

onboard
    Screenshot82.jpg Screenshot414.jpg Screenshot206.jpg Screenshot294.jpg

photographic standard filter

Screenshot1009.jpg Screenshot1125.jpg

8. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

i noticed that clouds are always one side on the skybox...and preatty always in front of the sun...so made horizon white when facing clouds...personally i like it but i know that can be bothering...

i know that i can lower a bit min exposure but i prefer a overexposed image to a f...g kick in autoexposure...:mad:

9. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

yeah it looks like what you have is a nice balance, going to test sweetfx later, am convinced a better sky can be achieved and obviously can fix my whites :)

edit: another thought, perhaps the job can be done in yebis, on TV's white level is usually labeled as "contrast" and black level as "brightness", not sure if lowering conrast in yebis would have the desired effect (gut feeling is probably not but you never know)

10. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

@ears1991 if you don't want to use seetfx my tv pp set without is great! and the color is maybe better than 03.12.2014

!!!SO THW KEY IS NOT SWEETFX!!!

[​IMG]

03.12.2014 TV
    [​IMG]

ears1991 likes this.
  11. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

tried your filters, sweetfx and tried a few of the other sweetfx functions but couldnt find a way of bringing back details lost in overexposed whites.

testing at 13:00 with default weather inis with m3 e92 white, not the end of the world though, fairly happy with the autoexposure

Attached Files:

12. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

Have you installed my other files or just pp set"?
    Andrea_gi

13. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Just pp and sweetfx, so probably not getting ideal results, pretty happy with what I have now though without editing other files

14. burrito

burrito Alien

@ears1991 you have windows 8.1? and you use sweetfx? How do you get it to work?

15. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

I just pasted it in and it worked, I thought you needed radeonpeo but I guess not. It was the bundle posted on this forum

16. burrito

burrito Alien

It crashes my game... weird I'll try again

17. burrito

burrito Alien

can someone please upload a full set of pp's + sweetfx full download. So many files in this thread I'm confused

18. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

19. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

20. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

thanks for sharing
    so many files, clearly the ideal solution to saving the white details is in one of them, maybe HDR or lighting inis